We need to have a serious discussion about the IGNORANT nature of BROOKLYN nikkas

Malcolmxxx_23

Let's go panthers
Supporter
Daps
Have any of y'all watched Casanova's interviews with Vlad? This nikka has to be autistic or just borderline retarded. This man was robbing nikkas just so he can stunt. He tells the story of how he threw his gun out the window after cops surrounded his building and the cop literally caught the gun as he threw it out :snoop:

Around the 7 min mark he starts basically incriminating himself. He incriminates himself in all these interviews but this pertains to what I was saying.

Remember he came from good family
Mom has $$

He wasnt starving for food

Scust
Now he in a cell during the holidays

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
I was like 12 comin home from KFC on Pitkin walking to Legion. I was right around the corner from the crib and the wolves cornered me from the chinese spot across the street. I was living in midwood wit my mom so I aint really had no type of awareness forreal. I had like 10 bucks on me in mostly singles and they went all in my pockets. fat nikka was like "can i have a piece of chicken?" he asked me like 3 times. I was in shock so i just ran straight home
:skip:you got raped for your chicken

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
OP You are 120% right.

The level of Ignorance and just straight emotional always wanna be tough shyt I've had to witness is one of 7 reasons I'm saving and leaving NY and maybe America.

Where to start: I can tell you about how my friend in Junior High went to visit a girl from school who lived in East New York and was stripped naked and robbed by pink houses nikkas:patrice:

Or the time my girl in high school was from Red Hook P's and the whole damn community would grill me up and down and I finally asked her why she said like it as easy as if it was ordering water at a restaurant. "Oh they was gonna rob you but they said since we talk they won't":hhh:

How about the time I almost got into a fight twice in one day, texted my barber for the appointment, take my little brother there to get a cut too. On the way there (Just like Op mentioned in the train story) nikka tells me I'm grilling him and if I wanna fight all this etc. (Mind you, he's with two young girls) I'm arguing with him, me with my brother him with his daughters?? until I just decide to leave. At the damn barbershop now, nikka want's to fight me cuz he said I skipped him, even after my barber told him I had an appointment. nikka wanna take it outside and talked about how much guns he had etc, I was with my brother and this was a lot to process so I just argued for a few more and they kicked all out of the shop and I had to get a cut later.

The train incident op stated x10 just in different variations (basketball court outside, chicken spot, walking down the street)

Seen nikkas smack a girls ass in front the boyfriend mad times.

All this shyt has me on ptsd mode constantly even when I'm in other places and I always think somebody is tryna line me and that everyone is scum.

Brooklyn so off the hook that the neighborhood where nikkas usually move to when their parents get money (Canarsie) inspired the biggest rapper and movement in NY.
When I go there the shyt look like family good time living! drive-throughs and houses. Canarsie is nikkas got tired of making fun of them and saying they grew up nice so instead of ignoring them you get Pop Smoke and Star Brim

Anyway I'm tired of it so I'll always have love for her but I'm def moving downsouth where I can get a blicky and carry that mf and have land and not have to take public transportation and visit my fam up here on holidays and shyt

Wow

I really wanna go to the east coast but shyt like this scares me

Especially not knowing anyone

I think if you have ppl boxed in together it breeds aggression

ucanthandlethetruth

Failure is not a option
Daps
Reppin
Planet of Hip Hop
Brownsville born in 80s.

first experiences with gunfire as a kid I would cry running from my room scared shaking to my momma (shout to all the mothers its the little things you forget they've done) or I would hide under the bed when I heard shootings or outs.. I was on the 3rd floor and the way the sound would bounce off the buildings and multiply that shyt was like being outside especially automatic shootouts.

About 10-11 I guess my nuts started hanging I would start to peek out or run to the window and watch whenever I would hear commotion or loud screaming outside nosey as shyt:heh:

by 13/14 I started getting into knucklehead shyt running wit nikkas way older than me, she gave me leash But moms aint play that shyt I had to be inside when the street lights came on still at that age. I would go upstairs to my room sneak Kool-aid and cookies from the kitchen and had a little chair setup to the window with my toys waiting for shyt to pop off that was our Worldstar:krs:..nikkas where I was had a thing for walking around 20-30 deep with tied thermal socks with a regulation baseball inside covered with baby powder, swinging on pretty much anybody walking through or by they didn't recognize so even when it wasn't gunfire it was always some sort of show....watching people sometimes innocent getting beat over and over in the head/shin/ribs with multiple baseballs was brutal growing up:francis:

I seen a fiend stab another fiend on the bench outside my window and leave him there I presume over a crack rock proportion disagreement:ld:

I seen a ho Buck50 her pimp after he start beating on her, the bytch ran off hysterical but It will forever be etched in my memory how the side of his cheek was sliced and hanging over like a thanksgiving ham as he still maintained his cool pimp persona and walk after her and yelled "come mere bytch" and "i'm gonna kill you" type shyt multiple times as his godly lite colored pimp shirt and fit slowly turned solid ferrari red by the second:wow:

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Supporter
Daps
Brehs mentioning Flatbush in here... I always felt safe living in Flatbush. I lived near Brooklyn College and the Junction BTW.

I got robbed once in 2006 when I was a teenager on Glenwood Road by some teenagers and catching someone trying to break into my apartment though the window, I didn't come across much crime.

A always assumed this happened in every hood in NYC not just Flatbush :manny:

I went to PS152 for elementary and IS 33 and Bed Stuy and it was kind of an culture shock when I went to 33. Bed Stuy felt like the real hood where's Flatbush felt like an middle class neighborhood. Among 90s babies Flatbush has an rep as an safe hood, in High School some nikka said "nikkas in Flatbush go Chruch on sundays and shyt" :russ:

IMO BK has been chill since the late 2000s, only recently has it started to get crazy again.

Flatbush/Canarsie/Flatlands = Safe

ENY/Brownsville = real hood

Bed Stuy depends on what part you live in :manny:

All facts. That's why I couldn't understand Pop Smoke trying to make Canarsie seem like it's some "hood." Aside from the 3 projects (which he wasn't even from) shyt ain't going down like that. Flatbush depends mainly on which blocks you're talking about and what time of day it is.

dat aint da same sandwich

links wid dem grits
Daps
Reppin
NJ
where was all these hood nikkas when Yusef Hawkins got killed by them Italians back in '89? :stopitslime: Decepts was active back then and had no problem terrorizing other black folks who was just as poor as them all over Brooklyn and the rest of NYC. But you ain't hear shyt about them bringing it to Bensonhurst. :francis:

dat aint da same sandwich

links wid dem grits
Daps
Reppin
NJ
They have to address the issue of self hate :francis:

yup.

for all the wild stories you been hearing for years what it was like back in the day with all these nikkas wreaking havoc on they own people throughout the borough, but Bensonhurst is the one place you don't hear any of that shyt.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
where was all these hood nikkas when Yusef Hawkins got killed by them Italians back in '89? :stopitslime: Decepts was active back then and had no problem terrorizing other black folks who was just as poor as them all over Brooklyn and the rest of NYC. But you ain't hear shyt about them bringing it to Bensonhurst. :francis:
The real answer is that any Black person who walked into Bensonhurst, Howard Beach, certain parts of Staten Island,etc immediately got cops called on him or confronted by a pack of angry white boys.

Looked at & treated like the enemy regardless of what your intentions or business was. And lot of NYPD lived in those areas.(and connected Italian dudes)

The goons who could spend all day lining up people who looked like them in other neighborhoods realized that it wasn't as easy to do to white people in those other neighborhoods.

=
The Crown Heights riots in a neighborhood mixed with mostly Caribbean and Hassidic residents was a confrontation brewing for a longtime. Under the cover of protest, the wolves were out in full force then.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
@DaRealness

You might not remember this, but I do. The earthquake in Haiti occurred when we were at the place we know each other from.
My uncle was missing for a few days and my family didn't know whether he was dead or not. I was going through it.
The support I got from you and others at that place helped me get through a rough time. Just thanking you again.

*He's still alive and kicking

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
@DaRealness

You might not remember this, but I do. The earthquake in Haiti occurred when we were at the place we know each other from.
My uncle was missing for a few days and my family didn't know whether he was dead or not. I was going through it.
The support I got from you and others at that place helped me get through a rough time. Just thanking you again.

*He's still alive and kicking

That's cool. The bullshyt divisions and geographical pissing contests rarely happened there unlike another place I could mention. I'm glad he's alive and well.

Remember BrooklynGal? Her input would have been dope in this thread. If I remember correctly she was from Bedstuy.

I wish that place would have held on a bit longer, but the rise of social media killed the momentum and everyone went their separate ways. They should have kept the archives to view at least because there were some classic discussions there.

RealCrownHeights

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
https://www.theplayerstribune.com/posts/shammgod-streetball-new-york-nba

God Shammgod's player tribune. Got robbed when he was 7 in Crown Heights for White Castle :unimpressed:

"And he was deep in that life. Let’s not be too specific about it, but for the purposes of our story, what you need to know is that he got locked up, and my mother moved us from Brooklyn to Harlem when I was 9.

Harlem was different. Harlem was showtime.

Brooklyn was all about fighting. I was trying to be Macho Man Randy Savage off the top rope. I didn’t know anything about basketball. So I get to Harlem and I’m like a fish out of water. I’m spazzing out, trying to scrap with dudes, because that’s what we’d do for fun in Brooklyn. And all these Harlem kids are looking at me crazy like, “Yo! Chill! You gonna mess up my Kangol bucket hat!” :mjlol:

Last edited: