We Need a Second Great Migration: Black Folks Need to Head Back Downsouth (NYT)

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I live in Brooklyn now, there are black people everywhere, the world is ours and always will be.

I've met and made friends with black people from all over the world while living in Europe. I even met people from countries that I've never met black people from while living in NY which is eyeopening(all over Africa/ different regions of Brazil/Cuba/South America). Anyways I think the quality of life is just better in Europe, it's the same reason I choose to live in NYC, and not some red state. I'm a Jamaican American and I've got love in my heart for all black people.

:laff:

skylove4

Veteran
Daps
When are black people going to focus on getting money instead of worrying about “hate” all the time from cacs in a cac nation.

Texas, ATL and NC are good southern states cause they have large cities that can give black folks good paying gigs.

Money and wealth should be the only concern of the black community. Once you get that then we can talk about politics.

You’re a simple minded fool. Ever barrier against us is politically created and backed. It’s policies created to hurt us in education, the workforce, where we live etc. It sounds good to say just get money and everything will fall in place, but not having political power makes that damn near impossible on a wide level with a few exceptions here and there.

The strides African Americans have made in this country have been because our political power or political savviness. It’s the reason your family came here to suck off our teat.

lil Haiti you’re a fukking autistic idiot.

Last edited:

GoAggieGo.

getting blitzed.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4
Don’t care about nikkas for real... He wants to be a honkey without the setbacks of being an actual nikka
Mane, nikkas be giving themselves dead away when they make comments like that. Folk don’t care about us as a whole for real. It’s just some sh*t that sounds good to others. Don’t care about black folks, and don’t care about our history, or they’re ashamed of it.

Where the hell millions of black folks, who have no ties to anywhere in the Caribbean, Africa, or anywhere else in the world going to go if this mafucca burns to the ground? I got my issues with the country, just like most nikkas would, but :whoa: on “destroying” the country.

Daps
Reppin
Bucktown, U.S.A. (Harlem, NY) + 'Cuse, NY
I feel like this “Almighty South” shyt that some nikkas push is coming from black people who are trying overcompensate for their failures/chip on their shoulder. It's similar to the whole I went to an HBCU so that means I'm more blackity black black than you or the whole going to Africa shyt as a way of cleansing themselves of all the trife and bullshyt they've done in their life.

I'm fine where I'm at. I don't need to live in the South to make myself feel black and thriving. I've already been doing that, changing area codes won't make a difference when you're already sure of yourself from a cultural standpoint.

ogc163

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
201910_Metro_AB_Black-incomes-Table.png

Black household income is rising across the United States

ogc163

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC

Just finished the book, Blow's argument is solid. Black power brokers in the north/west have to compete with their "POC" counterparts and Blacks don't have enough demographically to consistently influence city and statewide outcomes.

For example,the asian communities role in the SHSAT and anti- affirmative action movements show that they now have the influence to sway policy that potentially undermines Black interest.

And so, given that the demographics will likely not change for the better, Blow's arguments are convincing.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.

Just finished the book, Blow's argument is solid. Black power brokers in the north/west have to compete with their "POC" counterparts and Blacks don't have enough demographically to consistently influence city and statewide outcomes.

For example,the asian communities role in the SHSAT and anti- affirmative action movements show that they now have the influence to sway policy that potentially undermines Black interest.

And so, given that the demographics will likely not change for the better, Blow's arguments are convincing.

Doesn’t really sound any different from the largest southern cities that have lots of diversity or a quickly growing “POC”.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The South is superior to the North in every category except their draconian marijuana laws.

But if you’re a Black man that values home ownership, keeping more of your paycheck, the right to bear arms, less regulation for starting a small business and warmer weather.. The South is the obvious choice.

Plus they have better looking women and cuisine.

This is false.

In every category you can name the south is usually at bottom.

1.) poverty
2.) welfare
3.) crime and murder rates
4.) obesity
5.) Healthcare
6.) life expectancy
7.) education rates

etc etc.

Keeping your paycheck? Over 60% of Americans do not have $1,000 in their bank account.

What you’re saying isn’t a reality at all.

ogc163

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
Doesn’t really sound any different from the largest southern cities that have lots of diversity or a quickly growing “POC”.

I don't think thats generally the case, maybe in TX and FL. But I'm open to seeing data showing otherwise, do you have any numbers to back up your statement?

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
I don't think thats generally the case, maybe in TX and FL. But I'm open to seeing data showing otherwise, do you have any numbers to back up your statement?

Atlanta has a very fast growing Asian community

Data Dive: Metro Atlanta’s Fast-Growing Asian Community - ARC

None of North Carolina’s large cities are majority black. (Census data)

Tennessee another southern state looking to to good mostly caters to white people.

There is no thriving large city in the south that doesn’t have some form of high diversity that can interfere with black politics.

ogc163

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
Atlanta has a very fast growing Asian community

Data Dive: Metro Atlanta’s Fast-Growing Asian Community - ARC

None of North Carolina’s large cities are majority black. (Census data)

Tennessee another southern state looking to to good mostly caters to white people.

There is no thriving large city in the south that doesn’t have some form of high diversity that can interfere with black politics.

A) I'll look at that article when I get to chance to see if it supports your argument.

B) I nor Blow argued that cities have to be or potentially become majority Black so I'm not sure why that's even relevant.

C) In terms of Tennessee catering to White people, even if true I'm struggling to see the relevance in the context of this conversation. Maybe you can elaborate.

D) Blow's argument revolves around cities, surrounding counties, and most importantly statewide political outcomes. And I'm not convinced so far based on what you've presented that potential POC/Black political tensions in the south are on par with what's prevalent in the north.