We Need a Second Great Migration: Black Folks Need to Head Back Downsouth (NYT)

Wear My Dawg's Hat

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land That Time Forgot
So an "unapologetically Black man," who just happens to be a writer for the whitest media institution on the planet, The New York Times, is just noticing the reverse migration of our folks back to the south that has been happening for almost 30 years?

What year did Puffy open Justin's in Atlanta?

Okay.

JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps
I live in Cali. Where in the South would someone used to the California lifestyle (close to beaches, lots of sunshine,outdoors culture) move to in the South? Not a diss, just asking.

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
We really live off the land down here like our ancestors ... if shyt pop l, don’t run down here trying to access our beef cattle , our goats , our chickens or gardens ... keep y’all a$$es up there and keep cracking them corny jokes . Deada$$. :mjlol:

Jekyll

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:mjpls: Oh, are we.
You from Bham? I couldn't speak on that. I do know that there's alot of tech jobs trying to recruit folks there. But I'd never live in Bama.

Atlanta on the other hand is stuffed to the brink and the more people keep trying to flood in here, the worst it gets for everyone. I'm moving to San Diego in a couple weeks anyway so....:shaq2: