We May Have Our Black Panther Director Brehs (Coogler finally confirmed!)

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Looks like there is another candidate.

Another Possible BLACK PANTHER Director Contender

By Josh Wilding - 5/13/2015

maxresdefault.jpg

We'll meet Chadwick Boseman's Black Panther for the first time in Captain America: Civil War next year, but Marvel are already looking for a director to helm T'Challa's 2018 solo movie. It sounds like Ava DuVernay is a strong contender, but now another name may have entered the mix, and once again, it appears as if Kevin Feige is going to make an unexpected and interesting choice.

According to El Mayimbe (via Twitter), it sounds like Marvel have met with Dope director Rick Famuyiwa. It's strictly a rumour for now of course, but the studio is known for hiring lesser known (i.e. cheap) filmmakers who have impressed critics and moviegoers with TV shows or smaller films. Famuyiwa is a native of Nigeria, and the buzz around Dope has been good, so it's well worth keeping an eye on this. How would you guys feel about Famuyiwa helming Black Panther?

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=120523

If he shoots wakanda in Nigeria :wow: I'll have to hit up my Nigerian folk :banderas: Nigeria is one of the spots I want to go to when I go back to Africa :blessed:

Shade

King of Wakanda.
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Yes. Black Panther is not supposed to be a light hearted character like Spiderman or any of the Avengers. Disney is clearly going this route for their movies and that tone would be exteremely off-putting for a character like T'challa.

It needs to be a dark and serious movie with political and dark themes, not one-liners and cheap quips for laughs. Nolan's Batman and MoS clearly need to be a basis for BP, not Avengers 2, or IronMan, or even thor movies.

Nah breh MoS was very mediocre imo. It's serious tone didn't matter none. Light or dark tone doesn't equal a good/bad movie.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Marvel/Disney (never trust those fukks with a black-centered program) is going to fukk this franchise up like the Hulk. :snoop: BP should be a DC property since their cinamaz are superior to Marvels ATM.
Yes. Black Panther is not supposed to be a light hearted character like Spiderman or any of the Avengers. Disney is clearly going this route for their movies and that tone would be exteremely off-putting for a character like T'challa.

It needs to be a dark and serious movie with political and dark themes, not one-liners and cheap quips for laughs. Nolan's Batman and MoS clearly need to be a basis for BP, not Avengers 2, or IronMan, or even thor movies.

Africans are devoid of comedy now?! Wow. I think you are confusing telling jokes with being the butt of jokes.

Gains

Superstar
Daps
A lot of times when you play ball with those big studios though, you don't always have the option. Sometimes it's "i want to work with you" and they offer you projects. She very well could be interested in it and that's what she's getting but there's also the chance she just wants to work and they're giving her those two options. Kevin Smith has talked about that countless times and it's how he got to write on superman. He was taking meetings right before Mallrats was released and the studios had in mind what they wanted him to do. He didn't really want to write superman but warners offered it all because he had a scene in Mallrats mentioning superman. But they laid out a bunch of stuff that they had him in mind for and he passed on all of it and then they offered him the chance to write superman and be said fukk it

:russ:

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
Africans are devoid of comedy now?! Wow. I think you are confusing telling jokes with being the butt of jokes.
Nah, BP stories are serious and political, not like Spiderman who goes around telling jokes. Or Thor who is alien prince with a funny medieval accent we dont understand.

T'Challa is Marvel's Batman without the bafoonery of a niave Bruce Wayne. Its SUPPOSED to be taken serious. I cAnt take Tchalla serious if hes in battle making jokes and shyt, thats out of character.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Nah, BP stories are serious and political, not like Spiderman who goes around telling jokes. Or Thor who is alien prince with a funny medieval accent we dont understand.

T'Challa is Marvel's Batman without the bafoonery of a niave Bruce Wayne. Its SUPPOSED to be taken serious. I cAnt take Tchalla serious if hes in battle making jokes and shyt, thats out of character.

Was Winter Soldier 'serious and political' enough for you? That's the best you're going to get. Disney/Marvel wants to include children in the audience of their comic book movies. Crazy right?!

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I guess DC can just do no wrong :troll:
Never said that; just pointing out that DC/WB tends to not be as hands on as Marvel when it comes to allowing directors to do what they want to do. Never said it was a good or bad thing. It just seems to be the way things are.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Never said that; just pointing out that DC/WB tends to not be as hands on as Marvel when it comes to allowing directors to do what they want to do. Never said it was a good or bad thing. It just seems to be the way things are.

That lady who was about to to direct Wonder Woman would probably disagree. lol