We May Have Our Black Panther Director Brehs (Coogler finally confirmed!)

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
They could release one in late March-early April, release one in June or July, and release the third one in October.
No overlap and each movie gets its own time to shine.

Truth be told though.... I think in this time and era... theres nothing wrong with these movies really having like a 2-3 month overlap. I mean lets be real... We live in time where everything moves so fast, the bulk of business and peak time of releases is the 1st 2-3 weekends after that most movies become an after thought and we are looking for the next big thing.... it dont matter how great the movie is.

TDK was a VERY dope movie, but after like 11 weeks in the box office (yes it was making money and still being revered, it wasnt like cats made it as much of a priority as they did in the beginning)

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
F.Gary Gray is the latest rumor

Director F. Gary Gray is reportedly in contention to helm one of Marvel’s Phase 3 movies.

According to Variety, Marvel could be eyeing the Straight Outta Compton director for Black Panther. Gray did say he would “love to direct a superhero movie” in an interview in with BlackTree TVin August.

Gray remains in high demand as it was reported earlier today that he is a finalist to direct The Fast and the Furious 8.

black-pantherjpg-09b441_1280w.jpg

This isn’t the first time Gray has been connected to a Marvel film. Back in 2012, was being considered to helm Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

Marvel appeared to have settled on Ava Duvernay (Selma) to direct Black Panther, but she passed on the project due to “creative differences.” She later expanded on why she passed on the Marvel film, citing the “sheer commitment involved” as a factor.

Black Panther is due to open in July 2018.

Straight Outta Compton's F. Gary Gray Reportedly Eyed to Direct Black Panther Movie - IGN

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
It look's like they are going for any black director who has made the acclaimed "Black film" of the present moment.

In all fairness F. Gary Gray has a previous relationship with Marvel, as he was on the shortlist for Winter Soldier, and he DOES have a background in Action movies (The Italian Job, A Man Apart)

I was REALLY on board for Ava Duvarney but F. Gary could definitely do the material justice.

And I'm actually happy that they are going for a Black Director, as long as the name isn't Tyler Perry I think whoever they choose will do a good job

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
In all fairness F. Gary Gray has a previous relationship with Marvel, as he was on the shortlist for Winter Soldier, and he DOES have a background in Action movies (The Italian Job, A Man Apart)

I was REALLY on board for Ava Duvarney but F. Gary could definitely do the material justice.

And I'm actually happy that they are going for a Black Director, as long as the name isn't Tyler Perry I think whoever they choose will do a good job
yeah i'll just be glad to have somebody eating out here. its good to see some diversity behind the camera now. word to matt damon :salute:

Shade

King of Wakanda.
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
I wonder if maybe Ava will reconsider now with the changes to Marvel Studios? Unless she did have problems with Kevin.