We May Have Our Black Panther Director Brehs (Coogler finally confirmed!)

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Thats too much... have they ever drop three in the same year?

Breh the more properties they want to put out the more they can do. They're evolving as a studio so it was bound to happen eventually. Two in the summer like they normally do and now one in the fall. If anything captain marvel may move if the batman flick is coming out against it

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
Ava DuVernay Passes On Marvel's BLACK PANTHER; "We Couldn't See Eye To Eye"

Confirming Black Panther (and notCaptain Marvel) to be the "diverse" Marvel movie she was in talks for, Ava DuVernay has revealed she and the studio will NOT collaborate on the project.
eSYAId9.png

Ever since Ava DuVernay was revealed to be in talks with Marvel Studios to potentially helm the long-awaited Black Panther adaptation, theSelma director has become the ideal candidate; and there were even rumors the she was in final negotiations. However, the filmmaker herself has unfortunately confirmed to Essence that those "talks" with the studio have since fallen through.

“I guess I'll declare my independence from this rumor on 4th of July [and] Essence weekend!”said DuVernay, today. “I'm not signing on to direct Black Panther. I think I’ll just say we had different ideas about what the story would be. Marvel has a certain way of doing things and I think they’re fantastic and a lot of people love what they do. I loved that they reached out to me.”

Ava DuVernay also confirmed meeting with the star of the Black Panther film, Chadwick Boseman, who is currently filming for the character's cinematic debut in Captain America: Civil War. “I loved meeting Chadwick and writers and all the Marvel execs,” she said. “In the end, it comes down to story and perspective. And we just didn't see eye to eye. Better for me to realize that now than cite creative differences later.” Not to mention theAnt-Man split between Marvel and director Edgar Wright. Despite not signing on to helmBlack Panther, DuVernay says she's still in support of the movie. “I love the character of Black Panther, the nation of Wakanda and all that that could be visually. I wish them well and will be first in line to see it," she said. What do you think?

Marvel Studios' Kevin Feige recently confirmed meeting with Ava DuVernay among several other filmmakers. And despite today's unfortunate news, the producer also said we should find out who is directing Black Pantherby the end of the summer. Anyhow, starring Chadwick Boseman (T'Challa) with Ernie Hudson (T'Chaka) possibly on board, Black Panther is scheduled to open on July 6, 2018.