We got Colorism Activists now?

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
No, that's not what I meant.

I meant I feel more comfortable in my Blackness with the White boys that I've talked to.If a White Boy is used to dating Black girls, Dark Skin is expected.:pachaha:I've never dated a White boy who has said something backwards about my dark skin ever.It's like he can see me for who I am and not so quick to react to my dark skin. But I've encountered MANY Black boys who are simply colorstruck (like many Black Women have) & When I say colorstruck, I don't mean they prefer light skin, I mean that they are so hooked on skin color in general to the point where they can not get over it.

You can even tell in how they have their daily conversations. :pachaha:A black boy can be telling me some random story and it will go like "Yeah and there was this light skin girl in line at Walmart who cut in front of me."I see it on the-coli all the time."This brown skin joint this," "This chocolate that." Like what does her skin tone have to do with anything? They are literally obsessed with skin color.OBSESSED, they are so struck by it and so fazed by it, it's hard for them to not comment on it.

It's refreshing to be able to talk to someone and have them see past your skin color for who you are, which is what I've got from the White boys I've dated.I can just be ME & be Black without my skin color being mentioned or depicted
That's just how black people talk.. :skip:

Like "Yo, so I holla'd at this redbone yesterday". That shyt ain't got nothing to do with redbones being better than anyone else. White men are the ones that are more so on that colorstruck, colorism shyt. That's why a lot of them get with dark skinned black women because it's a fetish to them, and the contrast between the skin tones.

Fine is fine to most black men. Black men aren't the ones fawning over mixed babies with curly hair and light colored eyes.

SmokyQuartz

Young Skull
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
No, finding a black man who isn't color struck is like finding a unicorn to me.If he made it through our first conversation without mentioning skin color.:leon:
I prefer dark skinned women but i have never brought it up in a convo before. I don't think my homies have either. I don't think my brother has either. I don't think don't my dad has either. Plus being black is who you are why run away from that?

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
I prefer dark skinned women but i have never brought it up in a convo before. I don't think my homies have either. I don't think my brother has either. I don't think don't my dad has either. Plus being black is who you are why run away from that?
she's trying to rationalize her affinity for white men.

WHIPPEDCream

♔Evil Queen.
Daps
Reppin
The Seven Five
That's just how black people talk.. :skip:

Like "Yo, so I holla'd at this redbone yesterday". That shyt ain't got nothing to do with redbones being better than anyone else. White men are the ones that are more so on that colorstruck, colorism shyt. That's why a lot of them get with dark skinned black women because it's a fetish to them, and the contrast between the skin tones.

Fine is fine to most black men. Black men aren't the ones fawning over mixed babies with curly hair and light colored eyes.
. :mjlol:@ you even daring to suggest Black Men are somehow NOT color struck.

It's hilarious because y'all are so quick to see and identify racism but when it comes to colorism & Black men, it simply doesn't exist & Y'all just never seen or heard of a black male elaborating on his love for light skin women.:mjlol: that's just unheard of.

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps

It's hilarious because y'all are so quick to see and identify racism but when it comes to colorism & Black men, it simply doesn't exist & Y'all just never seen or heard of a black male elaborating on his love for light skin women.:mjlol: that's just unheard of.

It would be no dark skin people if we was color struck.

WHIPPEDCream

♔Evil Queen.
Daps
Reppin
The Seven Five
You on some bs, brothers ain't talking about skin color like that.

ARE YOU SERIOUS?

:russ:

You wanna bet?

I bet you could stop the next random 100 black girls you see on the street and ask them how often Black Men mention skin color to them.Actually, ask ANY BLACK GIRL, your family, your friends,etc that you know.Really do this and come back with the results.

Remo

Pro
Daps
No, that's not what I meant.

I meant I feel more comfortable in my Blackness with the White boys that I've talked to.If a White Boy is used to dating Black girls, Dark Skin is expected.:pachaha:I've never dated a White boy who has said something backwards about my dark skin ever.It's like he can see me for who I am and not so quick to react to my dark skin. But I've encountered MANY Black boys who are simply colorstruck (like many Black Women have) & When I say colorstruck, I don't mean they prefer light skin, I mean that they are so hooked on skin color in general to the point where they can not get over it.

You can even tell in how they have their daily conversations. :pachaha:A black boy can be telling me some random story and it will go like "Yeah and there was this light skin girl in line at Walmart who cut in front of me."I see it on the-coli all the time."This brown skin joint this," "This chocolate that." Like what does her skin tone have to do with anything? They are literally obsessed with skin color.OBSESSED, they are so struck by it and so fazed by it, it's hard for them to not comment on it.

It's refreshing to be able to talk to someone and have them see past your skin color for who you are, which is what I've got from the White boys I've dated.I can just be ME & be Black without my skin color being mentioned or depicted

Thats not being obsessed with skin tone. thats just using descriptors to paint a proper picture of the person youre talking about at the time. If I was talking about a white women I would talk about her hair color or eye color. Also black men arent the only ones that do this. black women describe themselves and black men like this as well.

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps

I never said black men aren't color struck but I haven't experienced black men bringing up skin color like that. I can recall a handful of people I know who were on the colorism shyt. Your post insinuated that if a man brings up the skin tone of a woman when telling a story or sharing an experience that happened to him, it's because he's color struck.

Which isn't the case. Social media itself uses the terms "light skinned" and "dark skinned" all the time to where it wouldn't be too far off to assume it's caught on to how people talk in their real life interactions.

Everythingg

King-Over-Kingz
Bushed
Daps
1) Not a Militant

2) We STILL have racism so nothing has changed.

See the problem is you and others are confusing me saying that there were whites that helped blacks in the past with saying "absolve whites of all sins" when that aint even what Im getting at. Im making the point that you told someone I assume that was white, that they shouldnt help when in the past, whites helping, helped spur blacks into a better position than they were before. The type of idealogy you're spitting will reject real allies trying to help which is complete idiocy and exactly what Malcolm himself (you know the fake militants icon which is not you I guess) realized when he came back from the Mecca.

Whites and blacks still dont see they have been pitted against each other so they dont recognize the puppeteers. Pitiful :scust:

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
Thats not being obsessed with skin tone. thats just use descriptors to paint a proper picture of the person youre talking about at the time. If I was talking about a white women I would talk about her hair color or eye color. Also black men arent the only ones that do this. black women describe themselves and black men like this as well.
I know right.. if I was telling a story I would say "this white chick".. doesn't mean I'm race struck LOL. :mjlol:

I've dated a mixed chick before and I never once asked her if she was mixed or had a conversation with her about it. Never brought up skin tone or any of that shyt.

WHIPPEDCream

♔Evil Queen.
Daps
Reppin
The Seven Five
It would be no dark skin people if we was color struck.

Men literally will f*ck anything, so that is not saying much.

There are black men right now who f*ck dark skin black women who prefer light skin black women.
:mjlol: Who is he going to make his girlfriend though?Who is he going to marry though?There are plenty of Black women out there in general being treated like like trash & cum dumpsters by Black men until they can find the girl who they REALLY want to be with.

WHIPPEDCream

♔Evil Queen.
Daps
Reppin
The Seven Five
Thats not being obsessed with skin tone. thats just using descriptors to paint a proper picture of the person youre talking about at the time. If I was talking about a white women I would talk about her hair color or eye color. Also black men arent the only ones that do this. black women describe themselves and black men like this as well.

It speaks volumes .Why would I need to know if a girl is light or dark in a story if the story has nothing to do with her skin tone?:what: It's one thing if skin tone actually related to the story but if it doesn't, wth?

& You like that other person is trying to deny that Black men are colorstruck. :mjlol: Just be real.