"We Got a Senior Slump in Wentzylvania" *2020 Philadelphia Eagles Season Thread*

thashiek

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
disconnect between him & coaching staff

coaching is the bigger prob imo

Coaching doesn't fix the wide open misses. That is a mechanical issue. I think I saw about 4-6 passes that traveled 7 yards or less being thrown high as shyt. Boobie alone had to adjust to 3 of them IIRC. Add in that he has missed way too many open receivers on deep throws the past 3 games. He is Rex Grossman with red hair right now.

Coaching is absolutely an issue, but I am not letting poor execution off the hook. Both can simultaneously exist.

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
Coaching doesn't fix the wide open misses. That is a mechanical issue. I think I saw about 4-6 passes that traveled 7 yards or less being thrown high as shyt. Boobie alone had to adjust to 3 of them IIRC. Add in that he has missed way too many open receivers on deep throws the past 3 games. He is Rex Grossman with red hair right now.

Coaching is absolutely an issue, but I am not letting poor execution off the hook. Both can simultaneously exist.

Coaching is letting down many aspects of our offense

Wentz making errant throws, WRs still unable to create separation against man, missed blocks in the run game & in pass protection

there's no cohesion at all

thashiek

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area

Wentz making errant throws, WRs still unable to create separation against man, missed blocks in the run game & in pass protection

You're right and I agree on all accounts there.

I just don't see an avenue where Wentz can be absolved of any blame. He is playing too poorly to deflect even a little bit of blame or say coaching is the bigger issue.

He is flat out bad right now. And that is on him. Doesn't mean he will be that way forever but we gotta call him on his bullshyt.

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
:dead:

I legit didn't know, I was absent on day 2 and 3. When I saw him run, I was wondering wtf you were.. I expected a goat level post for his first touch.

I'll look out for a breh next time. :obama:

Thats all I ask for.
I got a little misty eyed. When he get that 1st score...mayne :to:

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
You're right and I agree on all accounts there.

I just don't see an avenue where Wentz can be absolved of any blame. He is playing too poorly to deflect even a little bit of blame or say coaching is the bigger issue.

He is flat out bad right now. And that is on him. Doesn't mean he will be that way forever but we gotta call him on his bullshyt.

Wentz is partly to blame

Mechanics comes from coaching

his mechanics were great under Frank

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
Wentz is partly to blame

Mechanics comes from coaching

his mechanics were great under Frank
DeFilippo was the QB coach in 16/17 and almost everyone who was around the team says he used to ride Carson relentlessly (along with Reich), to the point where they barely got along. They weren't buddy buddy but his mechanics made great strides in those two years.

He's good friends with Press Taylor (QB Coach 18-20) but you can see the issues that constantly rear their head. If Carson doesn't want to embrace tough coaching and prefers to do shyt his way then he's gotta take responsibility when his game falls apart the way it has through 3 weeks.

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)

I think the WRs can get open but Carson has to lead them not wait to see if they fully open. Be a QB and throw the ball while they in their routes

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
I think the WRs can get open but Carson has to lead them not wait to see if they fully open. Be a QB and throw the ball while they in their routes

what are you watching? We are struggling against man & it's throwing off the rhythm of the offense