"We Got a Senior Slump in Wentzylvania" *2020 Philadelphia Eagles Season Thread*

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
If the Eagles want any kind of chance to get back into the season this year, I don't see how they can keep starting Wentz. It's not like last season where the entire team was falling apart and Wentz got a lot of unfair blame just because he wasn't good enough at times to will a substandard offensive supporting cast to victory over better teams. But he's actively costing us games right now. Like, a better QB would at least have the Eagles at 2-1 right now.

I get that we can't trade or cut Wentz, thanks to his contract. I know that, because I was saying exactly that when everyone here seemed to think Hurts was drafted to replace Wentz. But he can be benched. And if the Eagles want any chance at winning, they can't keep starting a QB who's costing them chances to win.
He was absolutely culprit #1 the first two games, and he had his share of mistakes today, but he put together that game tying drive and he made a beautiful throw to Ertz that should've set up the game winning FG. Penalties and cowardly play calling stole a tie from the jaws of victory after that Ertz play.

Even if you truly believe handing the keys over to a rookie QB fresh off a covid offseason is the move to make, it's not gonna happen. They're too invested in Wentz for 20 & 21 and it's in everybody's best interest that he gets through this rough patch and gets back on track, whether he's gonna be here in 2022 or not.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
The Ghetto of Oz
Believe me, I'm not saying Hurts is guaranteed to be good, I know he could very likely suck too. But who knows? He might not. And if he actually plays well, he could resuscitate our season. And if he doesn't play well, and the Eagles end up with a Top 5 pick, then at least we know he's not worth it and can try to get Lawrence.

Point is, we already know what Wentz is right now, and it's not good.

This team has no talent on it

If Hurts can play he's going to need talent around him .. he had more talent at Alabama

No need to crush his confidence this soon or likely get him injured cause he's a runner with only 2 starters remaining on the O-line

Look at that schedule ... Do you think Hurts is doing anything against that ?
With JJaw & Hightower ??

Naw.. Call it for this season and hit the draft hard and see what he can do in 2021

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
The Ghetto of Oz
Wentz ain't going nowhere till 2022

Too much dead cap, ain't worth it

We gotta hope that this is just a slump

How long does a slump last ?

Cause he won 4 in a row at the end of last year to squeak out a division title against the worst division ever

So including those 4 wins Wentz is now 14-15-1 since 2017 as a starter

And can't even complete a wide open pass to the flat with zero pressure on him

So UnThotful

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TSC/Icey/ByrdGang

Cause he won 4 in a row at the end of last year to squeak out a division title against the worst division ever

I can't really tell you, he looks ass right now

All we can do is let time tell things unfold but man, it's not looking good at all

gangreen

Top Notch
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn #byrdgang
We play to win the damn game

Regardless it all depends if we are in the position to draft either QB

But if we are, I would pull the trigger. Trade Wentz for loads of picks

I feel ya breh but that dead money cap hit if u trade Wentz this early:huhldup:

It aint worth it.

This team knows damn well they should be a run heavy offense, Wentz is better in that offensive scheme.

Im done hoping Wentz will figure it out and be a consistent passer (i.e. accurate with good decision making). Its just not who he is. Add a FB and draft a stud RB to pair with Sanders and get Hurts more involved in the offense.

Get rid of D Jax and Alshon. And we will be competitive and I guarantee Wentz will be better.

Last edited:

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
tenor.gif

I told yall the second his name got called on draft day that I'm part of the squad. I told yall to at me when Jalen get in the game.

tenor.gif

I let it slide last week cause he was decoyin and I was watching anyway.
But this week I wasn't watchin Wince play p*ssy back there in the pocket. Jalen finally gets in at QB get a 1st down on a beautiful scramble like he will do so many times in his career. A moment I've been waiting 4 years for

tenor.gif

Yet not one of you muthafukkas bothered to say a damn thing to me. Yall got me on ignore huh?
tenor.gif

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

Nonstop neggin on all yall game tying asses.
And when Im off 24s another neg
tenor.gif

Learn, make a note, and remember this shyt for next muthafukkin week cause he getting more snaps believe that!

Daps

If we don't remain the NFC east champs ....I can tell it's a few people that need to go .

Travelnomad

Banned
Daps
I’m ready to part ways with Schwartz , Howie , Doug .
They’re all catching blames
For their dumb ass decisions during the game & during the off-season: :stopitslime:

I’ll never forgive these bums for not drafting Ceedee . Or better yet our failure draft picks for the past few years

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
I feel ya breh but that dead money cap hit if u trade Wentz this early:huhldup:

It aint worth it.

This team know damn well they should be a run heavy offense, Wentz is better in that offensive scheme.

Im done hoping Wentz will figure it out and be consistent. Its just not who he is. Add a FB and draft a stud RB to pair with Sanders and get Hurts more involved in the offense.

Get rid of D Jax and Alshon. And we will be competitive and I guarantee Wentz will be better.
Seems like they already had that idea in mind this year, JK Dobbins was one of the three players they were contemplating with the Hurts pick (Jeremy Chinn was the 3rd).

DeSean is an Eagles hero for life, and he might squeeze out a few good games before this season is over, but the writing's on the wall. That covid cap is gonna be tight and Reagor has jetpacks in his ankles, he's taking DeSean's job permanently next year.

Alshon & Ertz won't be here either, we need to grab a top of the board stud at WR or do our version of the Hopkins/Diggs trades. Move forward with that new WR1, Reagor and Goedert as the top 3 options on offense and start fresh.

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
Seems like they already had that idea in mind this year, JK Dobbins was one of the three players they were contemplating with the Hurts pick (Jeremy Chinn was the 3rd).

DeSean is an Eagles hero for life, and he might squeeze out a few good games before this season is over, but the writing's on the wall. That covid cap is gonna be tight and Reagor has jetpacks in his ankles, he's taking DeSean's job permanently next year.

Alshon & Ertz won't be here either, we need to grab a top of the board stud at WR or do our version of the Hopkins/Diggs trades. Move forward with that new WR1, Reagor and Goedert as the top 3 options on offense and start fresh.

Miles Sanders is our best skill player...this is the problem with fans and our coaching staff

Get Miles Sanders the fkn ball

I do think we should trade Ertz for a 2nd

I would also love for us to get a receiver like Jamarr Chase in the draft

Kliq_Souf

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
WOL
Avonte Maddox, Desean Jackson, Corey Clement get rid of all these trash mfs
Cox, Graham, Slay, Sweat the only ones playing well.

this offense is frustrating, it takes a miracle for us to just get a first down... we make it look so hard

thashiek

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
I told yall the second his name got called on draft day that I'm part of the squad. I told yall to at me when Jalen get in the game.

Yet not one of you muthafukkas bothered to say a damn thing to me. Yall got me on ignore huh?

:dead:

I legit didn't know, I was absent on day 2 and 3. When I saw him run, I was wondering wtf you were.. I expected a goat level post for his first touch.

I'll look out for a breh next time. :obama:

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
:dead:

I legit didn't know, I was absent on day 2 and 3. When I saw him run, I was wondering wtf you were.. I expected a goat level post for his first touch.

I'll look out for a breh next time. :obama:

that nikka is a clown B

never trust a guy that puts a player over a team