"We Got a Senior Slump in Wentzylvania" *2020 Philadelphia Eagles Season Thread*

1thouwow

Poster of the Year
Daps
Nick foles went off
Justin jefferson went off
Ceedee lamb hhaving another solid game

Smh

man our personnel moves wasnt shyt
And none are on our team currently. This effects us none

Daps
Reppin
The Ghetto of Oz
We're 0-2-1. Here's the remaining schedule

49ers
Steelers -blowout
Ravens- blowout
Giants- W ?
Cowgirls
Giants - W ??
Browns - we can't cover them
Seahawks- blowout
Packers - blowout
Saints - blowout
Cardinals - ehhh
Cowgirls
Redslurs - W ?

Maybe 3 or 4 wins and 5 if we get lucky

We might be the worst team in the league

Fire Howie

Last edited:

KingCesar

All Star
Daps
It sounds good, and it always feels good to vent, but a chunk of that simply isn't realistic.

- Howie & Doug aren't getting fired for their first losing season since 2016, no matter how ugly it gets
- Wentz has a $60m dead cap hit next season, he isn't going anywhere until at least 2022. He's gonna see every snap of this season until he either gets hurt or we reach late December and they give Hurts a mathematically eliminated game or two

Now deadline trades are realistic, if they reach November 3rd sitting at 1-7, 2-6, etc. they'll definitely shop some players. Ertz makes the most sense and he should easily be able to fetch a 2nd and change.
If the Eagles want any kind of chance to get back into the season this year, I don't see how they can keep starting Wentz. It's not like last season where the entire team was falling apart and Wentz got a lot of unfair blame just because he wasn't good enough at times to will a substandard offensive supporting cast to victory over better teams. But he's actively costing us games right now. Like, a better QB would at least have the Eagles at 2-1 right now.

I get that we can't trade or cut Wentz, thanks to his contract. I know that, because I was saying exactly that when everyone here seemed to think Hurts was drafted to replace Wentz. But he can be benched. And if the Eagles want any chance at winning, they can't keep starting a QB who's costing them chances to win.

Daps
Reppin
The Ghetto of Oz
If the Eagles want any kind of chance to get back into the season this year, I don't see how they can keep starting Wentz. It's not like last season where the entire team was falling apart and Wentz got a lot of unfair blame just because he wasn't good enough at times to will a substandard offensive supporting cast to victory over better teams. But he's actively costing us games right now. Like, a better QB would at least have the Eagles at 2-1 right now.

I get that we can't trade or cut Wentz, thanks to his contract. I know that, because I was saying exactly that when everyone here seemed to think Hurts was drafted to replace Wentz. But he can be benched. And if the Eagles want any chance at winning, they can't keep starting a QB who's costing them chances to win.

This assumes that Hurts can actually play

Which seeing that he was drafted by Roseman

It's safe to assume he cannot

He had an NFL team in college and got benched

We need to forget about Hurts and start thinking about Trevor Lawrence or drafting someone else

gangreen

Top Notch
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn #byrdgang

KingCesar

All Star
Daps
This assumes that Hurts can actually play

Which seeing that he was drafted by Roseman

It's safe to assume he cannot

He had an NFL team in college and got benched

We need to forget about Hurts and start thinking about Trevor Lawrence or drafting someone else
Believe me, I'm not saying Hurts is guaranteed to be good, I know he could very likely suck too. But who knows? He might not. And if he actually plays well, he could resuscitate our season. And if he doesn't play well, and the Eagles end up with a Top 5 pick, then at least we know he's not worth it and can try to get Lawrence.

Point is, we already know what Wentz is right now, and it's not good.

So UnThotful

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TSC/Icey/ByrdGang
Defense is far from the top of the list for our problems
Which I agree with Howie moves and Doug's coaching this season. Carson deserves smoke too

But I do say of the defense struggles are coming from Schwartz scheme and how much pull he has in keeping Gerry as the main LB for example when PFF grades and tape show him looking like a battered wife on a weekly basis

So if we had to make a first coaching change, I'll be him for me

J Money

No weapon formed against me shall prosper
Daps
:dahell: tank to add another QB to this roster cause Wentz aint going nowhere for like two more years realistically.

I want sure fire top 5 pick and I aint wastin it on a QB so there is no possible way Howie could fukk this up for us

We play to win the damn game

Regardless it all depends if we are in the position to draft either QB

But if we are, I would pull the trigger. Trade Wentz for loads of picks