"We Got a Senior Slump in Wentzylvania" *2020 Philadelphia Eagles Season Thread*

1thouwow

Poster of the Year
Daps
Objectively, no. It was a ridiculous waste of an asset when the 4/$128m extension they gave their 27yo QB hadn't even kicked in yet. The only reason it looks promising right now is because their QB completely fell off a cliff this season, a scenario they never could've imagined happening (otherwise why extend him the way they did).

It's a classic example of it's better to be lucky than good. The only credit I'll give them is for the evaluation of the player, Howie's been vocal for years about how they were gonna draft Russell Wilson at 76 before Seattle snatched him at 75. They haven't been shy about how Wilson is the ceiling they invision for Hurts, and not wanting to miss on that kind of player twice definitely impacted their decision.
To put things in perspective... we gave Wentz that money BEFORE last season. Last season he was real wishy washy, until he finally was started doing good towards the end of the season. You don’t think it’s possible that he peeped that Wentz was regresssing last year, on top of still having that Russell Wilson memory, along with him actually being available, to say fukk it, I’d rather have a fall back QB with upside than one that is either injury prone or somehow regressing ??

Not saying that’s what happened but I’m just thinking

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
How quickly we forget he threw for 4K with 27-7 just last season without a true WR1.

If Jalen doesn't make the playoffs next season, will your opinion change?

Bro everything with Wentz is always in the past. Wentz is not the same player bro

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)

So UnThotful

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TSC/Icey/ByrdGang
What was that all about? I had checked out when that was happening..
The team said it was to let some young guys get some game time

But will been talking hella spicy online and pretty much said him and Howie agree that his talents could be used more better on a different team and mutually agreed to part