"We Got a Senior Slump in Wentzylvania" *2020 Philadelphia Eagles Season Thread*

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
Doug claimed that nothing changed in the play calling, that Hurts just got outside the pocket and created shyt on his own :ehh:
Early on it definitely seemed like they tried new plays to me so I don't know, also seemed like they had a lot of quick 1 read plays. Pederson whole press conference was weird with him refusing to say if Hurts would start next week. I'm not sure how you go back to Wentz next week after this so not sure what that was all about

Doug simplified the offense more than a month ago, the quick 1 read throws have been there. Wentz just constantly double-clutched with hesitancy and/or missed them like above.

Doug's gonna say it's week to week until the seasons over, it's easy for us to call a spade a spade but from an organizational stand point they need to maintain the public image that Wentz is their guy.

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)

Doug simplified the offense more than a month ago, the quick 1 read throws have been there. Wentz just constantly double-clutched with hesitancy and/or missed them like above.

Doug's gonna say it's week to week until the seasons over, it's easy for us to call a spade a spade but from an organizational stand point they need to maintain the public image that Wentz is their guy.

Where is this video from so I can send to people this is perfect. I am.tired of these Wentz apologist

greenvale

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Delaware
Was drafting Hurts in the 2nd round a good pick? :jbhmm:
I don't think so considering they just paid Wentz. If you wanted insurance you could've gotten one a bit later, plus the pick created the "QB controversy" anyway. With that being said, I'm a fan of Hurts and want him to succeed. The pick just doesn't make any type of sense considering the circumstances.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't think so considering they just paid Wentz. If you wanted insurance you could've gotten one a bit later, plus the pick created the "QB controversy" anyway. With that being said, I'm a fan of Hurts and want him to succeed. The pick just doesn't make any type of sense considering the circumstances.
There’s only a qb controversy due to wentz falling apart

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
I'm really trying to objective with y'all

Drew Lock was 4-1 to end the season last yr

All these last few wks will do is tell us that Wentz is a goner

Judge Jalen Hurts by 2022-2025 bc a great second season means nothing (i.e. Wentz)

When will the SB aspirations return, Y3 for Hurts? If it was Y2 like Wentz, it would be a disservice to any young QB.

Brocka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Virginia

This pretty much debunks all the apologist. Wow.

:picard:

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
All that is true but I saw that his legs saved him a lot too. Saints had to respect it. Couldn’t overcommitt to a receiver or running back cause Hurts is just as dangerous. With Wentz back there defenses know exactly where he is going with the ball and know he will not avoid tackles behind the line of scrimmages and take off for 20 yards or find a receiver who got themselves open in the scramble.

On a side note, I honestly I don’t ever want to see Wentz under Center again. Hurts is just a better fit and behind the scenes I think something weird is going on with Doug, the Front Office and some of the players with Wentz, it’s undeniable at this point.

Plus I had this weird dream or should I say nightmare last night that Doug turned Wentz into some Tight End Quarterback hybrid. :snoop:

:laff: watched them Saints with Taysom and now you dreaming of every qb being taysom :dead:

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
Was drafting Hurts in the 2nd round a good pick? :jbhmm:
Objectively, no. It was a ridiculous waste of an asset when the 4/$128m extension they gave their 27yo QB hadn't even kicked in yet. The only reason it looks promising right now is because their QB completely fell off a cliff this season, a scenario they never could've imagined happening (otherwise why extend him the way they did).

It's a classic example of it's better to be lucky than good. The only credit I'll give them is for the evaluation of the player, Howie's been vocal for years about how they were gonna draft Russell Wilson at 76 before Seattle snatched him at 75. They haven't been shy about how Wilson is the ceiling they invision for Hurts, and not wanting to miss on that kind of player twice definitely impacted their decision.