"We Got a Senior Slump in Wentzylvania" *2020 Philadelphia Eagles Season Thread*

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
damn PFF shytting on Hurts performance, called it a JT Barrett game :russ:
I figured analytic heads would not be impressed. They basically said his passing game was trash but he carried the offense with his scrambling ability and questioned how sustainable that is since he's not a Lamar Jackson level talent

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
I figured analytic heads would not be impressed. They basically said his passing game was trash but he carried the offense with his scrambling ability and questioned how sustainable that is since he's not a Lamar Jackson level talent

They don’t take into account many plays where he threw the ball away. His performance was impressive for a backup rookie with no training camp or preseason. I expect a better performance next week.

Box Factory

hater
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
I think him and Lamar are pretty different, and that hes not gonna need to play the same way

I think his ability to break the pocket and take off is way more important than his option run stuff.

I thought he looked good in the pocket and looked Vick-ish on a couple plays. As soon as he beats the pressure, theres that Vick-like moment where in a second hes past the 1st down mark and still going.

Hes gonna regularly break off 20+ yard runs just off scrambling

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly

As a former football player, I look at the game through a diff lens

Hurts finished 17-30 but most of the completions were easy throws. He made maybe 2 or 3 NFL throws yest and there were a couple others he missed completely.

I wasn't as excited as everyone else off his performance bc he wasn't scanning the field and making reads. He made one or two reads and then scrambled. Expect teams to mix up mush rush, spies, zone, zone blitz & man press going forward.

He didn't do much in the 2nd half when Saints def started to blitz.

Partly on him, partly on Doug.

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
They don’t take into account many plays where he threw the ball away. His performance was impressive for a backup rookie with no training camp or preseason. I expect a better performance next week.

His co-host, former Super Bowl-winning head coach Tony Dungy, felt as if the Eagles called a game offensively that uniquely suited Hurts."

"[Pederson] actually played to Jalen Hurts' strength," Dungy said. "They called plays that allowed Jalen Hurts to be himself. I don't know if they did that for Carson Wentz."

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps

Rookie Lamar isn't hitting that throw, 3rd year Lamar might not hit it if we're being honest. Jalen's no where near a finished product as a passer but he's already shown signs of promise from the pocket. He's not gonna need to carry it 15 times a game to be functional longterm.

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
His co-host, former Super Bowl-winning head coach Tony Dungy, felt as if the Eagles called a game offensively that uniquely suited Hurts."

"[Pederson] actually played to Jalen Hurts' strength," Dungy said. "They called plays that allowed Jalen Hurts to be himself. I don't know if they did that for Carson Wentz."

Bro watch the video posted early today it was the same first read plays that Wentz misses on. You really think Wentz can be more effective in this offense shown last night than Hurts???? Come on man this is not 2017 Wentz and he is heavier

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
Bro watch the video posted early today it was the same first read plays that Wentz misses on. You really think Wentz can be more effective in this offense shown last night than Hurts???? Come on man this is not 2017 Wentz and he is heavier

How quickly we forget he threw for 4K with 27-7 just last season without a true WR1.

If Jalen doesn't make the playoffs next season, will your opinion change?

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
Wallace is a SS...if Slay is out, Mills will need to be CB1 and we'll need to double Hop on every obvious passing down

but knowing Schwartz...Mills will be left on an island