"We Got a Senior Slump in Wentzylvania" *2020 Philadelphia Eagles Season Thread*

mikishere

#byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
made the right move, just don't panic and play wentz again this year even if hurts doesn't look too good out there. we'll see if this motivates him for 2021 but i'm not sure that wentz is mentally strong enough to overcome all this shyt. wouldn't even be shocked if dude andrew luck'd us in the offseason and said fukk football :dead:.

Brocka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
BALDY GOTTA BE NOSTRADAMUS NOW AFTER THIS COMMENT HE MADE BEFORE THE DRAFT:

"Finally I believe the Eagles need to think hard about investing in one of my favorite players in this draft, QB, Jalen Hurts. WHAAAAT?
Yes, you read me correctly. This is a dynamic player who has won and lead at two of the best college programs in the Country.
He improved as a passer this year at OU, while running for 43 touchdowns in 42 career starts.
He didn't even think about transferring when Tua beat him out. He gutted it out and became a great backup QB, leading the Tide to a comeback win in the 2018 SEC Championship game vs Georgia.
He reminds me of a bigger and stronger Russell Wilson. I might part ways with my No.53 pick in the second round to get him on my team.
He will make the QB room more competitive while grooming a player to be ready if Carson sustains any kind of injury in the next coming years. He also is a player that you might be able to groom, develop, and eventually trade for a much higher pick than the No. 53 pick.
What would Russell Wilson fetch in draft capital on the open market in today's world? Think about it."

Look how fast life comes at you
:mjgrin:

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
Wentz should never play for the Eagles again. He should simply refuse to play.
Eagles just did the best thing they could possibly do for Wentz's long term outlook

When you can no longer function at a basic level as a QB you risk doing permanent damage to yourself. Long term effects may have already been done getting hit 150 times this season but at least they finally ended the massacre. Any chance Carson has at turning things around starts in the offseason, there's no solution for him in these final 4 games.

NYSTATEOFMIND

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang...Bleedin Green
BALDY GOTTA BE NOSTRADAMUS NOW AFTER THIS COMMENT HE MADE BEFORE THE DRAFT:

"Finally I believe the Eagles need to think hard about investing in one of my favorite players in this draft, QB, Jalen Hurts. WHAAAAT?
Yes, you read me correctly. This is a dynamic player who has won and lead at two of the best college programs in the Country.
He improved as a passer this year at OU, while running for 43 touchdowns in 42 career starts.
He didn't even think about transferring when Tua beat him out. He gutted it out and became a great backup QB, leading the Tide to a comeback win in the 2018 SEC Championship game vs Georgia.
He reminds me of a bigger and stronger Russell Wilson. I might part ways with my No.53 pick in the second round to get him on my team.
He will make the QB room more competitive while grooming a player to be ready if Carson sustains any kind of injury in the next coming years. He also is a player that you might be able to groom, develop, and eventually trade for a much higher pick than the No. 53 pick.
What would Russell Wilson fetch in draft capital on the open market in today's world? Think about it."

Look how fast life comes at you
:mjgrin:

Is Baldy making our draft picks?

:ohhh:

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
Sad part is, Doug will change the offense to accommodate Hurts

We'll run the ball more, will call more quick passes instead of 5 and 7 step drops, get more creative with the playcalling...just like he catered to Foles

Expect a close, low-scoring close game on Sunday

Same things Wentz got knocked for will be overlooked going forward

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
Eagles just did the best thing they could possibly do for Wentz's long term outlook

When you can no longer function at a basic level as a QB you risk doing permanent damage to yourself. Long term effects may have already been done getting hit 150 times this season but at least they finally ended the massacre. Any chance Carson has at turning things around starts in the offseason, there's no solution for him in these final 4 games.

It's over...and Doug is responsible for this

The Wentz era in Philly is done

There's no way Wentz could ever command a locker room in Philly after being benched, no respect now

Best outcome for all parties involved is to trade him

Let him sit under Tom in Tampa for a yr...or let him sit under Big Ben in Pitt for a yr...or let him sit under Rivers in Indy for a yr

All I know, his time in Philly is done. Any bad play he makes going forward, he'll have to look over his shoulder. It's not worth it.

Travelnomad

Banned
Daps
Howie and Doug single Handily fukk up this franchise with that second round pick . Now they have a huge QB controversy on their hands .

thashiek

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Sad part is, Doug will change the offense to accommodate Hurts

We'll run the ball more, will call more quick passes instead of 5 and 7 step drops, get more creative with the playcalling...just like he catered to Foles

Expect a close, low-scoring close game on Sunday

Same things Wentz got knocked for will be overlooked going forward

That's a great thing if Doug switches things up and shows more creativity. Most likely getting back to being a very functional running team.

Yea, for Carson and his fans, it sucks. It looks like a sabotage move or negligence. But for Eagles fans, its great news. I care about the result.. not their legacy, not their bank account, not if they feel all lovey dovey with their teammates, coaches and city.

Show me max effort and win. Or get replaced.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
images

(The Philadelphia Eagles Continues its long Historic tradition of supporting and giving Black Quarterbacks Opportunities.)

Welcome to the Fam Jalen. Look people can be upset all they want but the reality is the Backup QB has been the most important position we've had in the last 3 seasons period. Our Backup has had to play in the playoffs or finish the year in the past three straight seasons. With Nick playing in 5 Playoff games and last year Mccown having to the finish the Wild Card game. That's not all Carson's fault especially last year but the reality is having a deeper QB depth isn't bad at all. Yes it was a high Pick but he's very talented. Look at his overall college record like 4 total losses in his career and even playing in title games. Yes it was College and the NFL is different but he has a lot of intangibles. Carson is the Starter that's not the debate but he must continue to remain healthy. Plus Sudfield is coming off injury as well. They clearly wanted an insurance....one they could obviously grow in this system. Doug will groom Jalen.

:sas2:

Well, Well. The Tables have turned haven't they? So many people hated on this pick and I loved it. This Division had 3 New Coaches and QB's dropping like flies and we are 3-8-1. People want to blame Doug but I knew all along Carson was just not performing. This will be his 5th Straight Year and no Playoff Wins. People got on Donovan for way less and he was having us at Super Bowl Door year in and year out. Just like with the Nick situation. Carson looked average in 2018 and Nick comes in and the Team looks like the Super Bowl again. Now is this "All" Carson's fault? No but how can you not see Jalen come in and see the explosiveness.

He's lowkey like a Mcnabb/Vick hybrid. We were so much faster, we looked so good and alive for the first time in weeks. Our Defense has keep us in games all season which is why they are Top 10. Jalen came in, thrown into the fire at Lambeau and almost pull that joint out. He outperformed Carson with less time. I've seen enough, Jalen is young and has a huge upside (Isn't that what they said to get rid of Nick our Super Bowl MVP, Carson had a better Upside, how's that working?). I honestly felt Nick played himself into the position but people were like "Carson is young and we invested in him." Jalen needs to start the final four games period. Rookie or not, I think he gives us the best chance to win these last 4.

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
That's a great thing if Doug switches things up and shows more creativity. Most likely getting back to being a very functional running team.

Yea, for Carson and his fans, it sucks. It looks like a sabotage move or negligence. But for Eagles fans, its great news. I care about the result.. not their legacy, not their bank account, not if they feel all lovey dovey with their teammates, coaches and city.

Show me max effort and win. Or get replaced.

The franchise invested $128M into our QB and did him no favors. You don't see the problem with that? We aren't winning the division, that's over atp. Knowing we were playing all these young receivers, you'd think we'd have a more balanced offense, but no.

Trade Wentz!