"We Got a Senior Slump in Wentzylvania" *2020 Philadelphia Eagles Season Thread*

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
i just wanna mention that the way the nfl salary shyt works is extremely wack and confusing
yall really mean to tell me if you sign a player to long term contracts...you cant trade them due to this dead cap concept?
mind blowingly stupid to be honest

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Name one player on this offense that has played well this season, I'll wait

I've been a birds fan longer than some of y'all been alive

y'all don't understand the cycles of the league and our franchise

I've been an eagles fan since birth. Been to a dozen games, multiple playoff games. I've really seen it all.

I actually talked to Randall for a school project after he got benched for Rodney Peete. Rodney Peete won a playoff game and everyone thought our future was bright. Only to be in the basement until McNabb was ready.

We are an unrealistic fanbase. Our best skill player on offense are borderline top 10 TEs. We haven't drafted well. Our playcalling is ASS. Our gameplan strategy is nonexistent.

I'm more of a fan than 99% of y'all nikkas Mayne.

If Wentz ain't the answer, trade him so he can thrive elsewhere. But I know one thing, Hurts ain't the answer. Just like Jim McMahon wasn't, just like Bubby Brister wasn't, just like Rodney Peete wasn't, just like Bobby Hoying wasn't, just like Ty Detmer wasn't, just like AJ Feeley wasn't, just like Kevin Kolb wasn't.
name a player who has had a season this poor in his 5th year and managed to bounce back legendarily
name a player who has descended this low - to become the leagues worst QB - after having an MVP caliber season and bounced back to being a top 5-10 qb

i'm not saying they dont exist but i am asking if you know any out of curiosity. Brett Favre maybe?

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
i just wanna mention that the way the nfl salary shyt works is extremely wack and confusing
yall really mean to tell me if you sign a player to long term contracts...you cant trade them due to this dead cap concept?
mind blowingly stupid to be honest

Yep unfortunately you can a have a players count towards your salary even if they aren’t on the team anymore. The Patriots in particular still have AB, Bennett and Brady on their cap this year.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
shyts wack. the NBA is such a better league on all levels

Their excuse is “competitive advantage”, but the majority of the time it hurts teams more than it helps. It’s about to be even worse next season as the cap is supposedly dropping by $20 million. That’s another reason why Wentz will still be on the Eagles next year. I don’t see how the NBA was able not have the cap drop, but whatever.

I wonder who came up with that concept in the first place lol.

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
name a player who has had a season this poor in his 5th year and managed to bounce back legendarily
name a player who has descended this low - to become the leagues worst QB - after having an MVP caliber season and bounced back to being a top 5-10 qb

i'm not saying they dont exist but i am asking if you know any out of curiosity. Brett Favre maybe?

John Elway yr 6, 17 TDs & 19 INTs

Elway yr 7, 18 TDs & 18 INTs

Elway yr 8, 15 TDs & 14 INTs

is he not a top 10 QB of all time???

his completion % during those yrs were 55.2, 53.6 and 58.6

we deserve what we are about to get & im content

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly

Peyton Manning threw 23 INTs in Y4 and went 6-10

Drew Brees threw 18 INTs in Y7 and missed the playoffs...still became MVP

Matt Ryan threw 17 INTs in Y6 and missed the playoffs...Still became MVP

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
Peyton Manning threw 23 INTs in Y4 and went 6-10

Drew Brees threw 18 INTs in Y7 and missed the playoffs...still became MVP

Matt Ryan threw 17 INTs in Y6 and missed the playoffs...Still became MVP

You know what's different between those QBs and Wentz?????? They all went to the playoffs or won a playoff game. You dikkriding a QB he didn't even win a playoff game and you think he the answer. Come on bro enough of this Wentz shyt. Fragile mentally and Physically. He can go.

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
You know what's different between those QBs and Wentz?????? They all went to the playoffs or won a playoff game. You dikkriding a QB he didn't even win a playoff game and you think he the answer. Come on bro enough of this Wentz shyt. Fragile mentally and Physically. He can go.

moving the goalposts. I was asked a question, I answered. There are tons of examples. I just focused on QBs who actually won mvp after a terrible season.

Funny thing is Foles is more fragile physically than Wentz.

y'all wanted Hurts, y'all got him

my expectations are not high...I expect us to be in the basement next 3-4 seasons minimum

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
moving the goalposts. I was asked a question, I answered. There are tons of examples. I just focused on QBs who actually won mvp after a terrible season.

my expectations are not high...I expect us to be in the basement next 3-4 seasons minimum

Its not wanting nobody. Your starting QB is the worst QB in the entire NFL in a era of passing. He needs to be benched. Rex Ryan mention again today of his locker room attitude and it explains why he is failing. Non-coachable ass QB from a division 2 school.

He not even showing the effort to want to improve. I rather lose with a team fighting.

Foles has had more success with Eagles compared to Wentz. Injury history or not Wentz been injured 4 of his 6 years bro

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps

The last time we were supposed to be in the basement that long was after the ChipTheGM disaster in 2015, fukked around and won a ring two years later :wow:

This is the NFL, the only teams in the dirt that long are perennial losers like Detroit or Jacksonville. It's a tough pill to swallow right now, but there's a lot of opportunity to shake and bake this offseason. It starts with that top 6 pick, hopefully we can secure it.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Its not wanting nobody. Your starting QB is the worst QB in the entire NFL in a era of passing. He needs to be benched. Rex Ryan mention again today of his locker room attitude and it explains why he is failing. Non-coachable ass QB from a division 2 school.

He not even showing the effort to want to improve. I rather lose with a team fighting.

Foles has had more success with Eagles compared to Wentz. Injury history or not Wentz been injured 4 of his 6 years bro

The thing is those were back in the day when passing was much harder and defenses could do so much more. It's never been easier to be a decent to good qb in this NFL. You have rookies coming in and throwing 30 tds like its nothing.

Wentz holds onto the ball way to long which is why he's been sacked 50 times in 12 games, his interceptions are atrocious

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly

Foles was mediocre in 2018. Didn't score 20 in either playoff game.

I agree, trade Wentz. No one needs to complain when we're no longer fighting for playoff berths.

I'm not even gonna judge Hurts by this season. He should be ready by next season correct? KTSE when we're in the basement next yr and the yr after.

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
The thing is those were back in the day when passing was much harder and defenses could do so much more. It's never been easier to be a decent to good qb in this NFL. You have rookies coming in and throwing 30 tds like its nothing.

Wentz holds onto the ball way to long which is why he's been sacked 50 times in 12 games, his interceptions are atrocious

he has one bad yr throwing INTs now he's the WOAT...I understand

but discount the 81 to 21 ratio the previous 3 seasons

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Hurts was 38-4 in college with a chip. Even if you don't wanna give him credit for the chip because of Tua, he still made it to the championship game, Fields fell short.

Fields is gonna be our QB so I hope he's better. I'm just saying y'all need to give Hurts time.

Lincoln Riley

Baker Mayfield
Kyler Murray
Jalen Hurts