"We Got a Senior Slump in Wentzylvania" *2020 Philadelphia Eagles Season Thread*

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Hurts > Wentz but that ain’t saying much

They need to bench Wentz tho. At first I was like our o-line and WRs are hurt so I gave him a pass but he’s just washed at this point

I don’t think Hurts is the QB we need, would rather draft 1 but I’d like to see how he does

I miss that 17-18 Wentz :mjcry:
if we could get fields or even lance thats hard to resist. but imagine that...drafting carson replacement from the sme school

no way we go qb after spending a second on hurts
its up to the coaches to make hurts viable. better off spending drafts surrounding him with a better team
we are aging in many important positions

Black_Panther_JS

Superstar
Daps
if we could get fields or even lance thats hard to resist. but imagine that...drafting carson replacement from the sme school

no way we go qb after spending a second on hurts
its up to the coaches to make hurts viable. better off spending drafts surrounding him with a better team
we are aging in many important positions

I gotta see what Hurts does first, if he sucks I want Fields. Like you said a black QB in Philly just feels right :wow:

I would love to build through the draft but I don’t trust Howie 1 bit to come through :mjlol:

I like the young dudes we have on offense, some of the old heads need to go though. It just sucks we gave some of them huge contracts, we can’t even get rid of Wentz without hurting ourselves

Conscious Pilot

Do Better.
Daps
Reppin
Beaches and Palm Trees
Gotta star Hurts , if you don’t , you basically wasted a 2nd round pick you could have used on OLine or another position of need. Similar to Foles , the guys seem to want to play for Jalen.

Even if he may not be the long term guy, Wentz damn sure isn’t at least in Philly. Shop Came and Wentz in the off-season for whatever you can get, he’s never been the same since that leg injury. See if you can get anything of value for dude.

Daps
yall gon think im whilin but for optics, having a blk qb in philly has always just felt right

Nothing crazy about that. Eagles have had a black QB under center and as the face of the franchise for the majority of the last 35 years. There's not any other team in the NFL that can say that.

Randall, McNabb, Vick. Backups that included that disgusting abomination Rodney Peete :hhh:, Vince Young, Jeff Blake. Carson is actually the longest tenured white QB we've had since Ron Jaworski, and he left in 1986.

:yeshrug:

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
Be a Carson Wentz stan brehs :mjlol:

I just see the bigger picture. Every great QB has a down year. No one can ever tell me that Hurts is more talented than Wentz. But let the rook play. I'd rather we lose the next few yrs so our fans can get a real dose of reality.

gangreen

Top Notch
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn #byrdgang
I think Hurts should be starting the rest of the way. We gotta see what this guy can do and give him some experience in a doomed season.

Giving this team's cap situation heading into this off season and Wentz's contract, there is no way they can trade or cut Wentz next year. Open competition next year and then in 2021-22, you can shop Wentz or outright release him if he doesnt come back competent. I think by then they can eat a 20 plus million dead cap money hit.

And like @Brocka said, Wentz needs to see a sports psychiatrist or something cause after that game in mid December 2017 in Los Angeles, he has not been the same and this season has been the culmination of it all.

I find it hard to believe that a guy takes a league by storm in 2017 with good pre snap reads and adjustments at the line with an uncanny ability to improvise at will and was looking like the second coming to now a guy who cant do shyt right.

We blame coaches but u just dont unlearn that stuff like that.

To be honest, he wasnt right 2018 and 2019 as well. We have seen him too much missing routine throws, easy checkdowns, holding the ball too long like he is seeing ghosts and no consistent touch on his throws.

I think 2018 was a thing that just fukked with his psyche, I think even worse than Foles leading the team to a superbowl win but how foles resurrected the team in 2018 to lead them to almost the NFC championship game.

Then last year, he wasnt great but alright and gets to his first playoff game but he cant even play in it cause of a cheap shot concussion in the first series.

I think football wise, he is broken probably beyond repair.

And @FLORIDA BOI you were right, wrong decision to let Foles walk and extend Wentz. Of course in hindsight but I will admit it. Probably would ve had less stress and headaches these past three seasons.

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
I think Hurts should be starting the rest of the way. We gotta see what this guy can do and give him some experience in a doomed season.

Giving this team's cap situation heading into this off season and Wentz's contract, there is no way they can trade or cut Wentz next year. Open competition next year and then in 2021-22, you can shop Wentz or outright release him if he doesnt come back competent. I think by then they can eat a 20 plus million dead cap money hit.

And like @Brocka said, Wentz needs to see a sports psychiatrist or something cause after that game in mid December 2017 in Los Angeles, he has not been the same and this season has been the culmination of it all.

I find it hard to believe that a guy takes a league by storm in 2017 with good pre snap reads and adjustments at the line with an uncanny ability to improvise at will and was looking like the second coming to now a guy who cant do shyt right.

We blame coaches but u just dont unlearn that stuff like that.

To be honest, he wasnt right 2018 and 2019 as well. We have seen him too much missing routine throws, easy checkdowns, holding the ball too long like he is seeing ghosts and no consistent touch on his throws.

I think 2018 was a thing that just fukked with his psyche, I think even worse than Foles leading the team to a superbowl win but how foles resurrected the team in 2018 to lead them to almost the NFC championship game.

Then last year, he wasnt great but alright and gets to his first playoff game but he cant even play in it cause of a cheap shot concussion in the first series.

And @FLORIDA BOI you were right, wrong decision to let Foles walk and extend Wentz. Of course in hindsight but I will admit it. Probably would ve had less stress and headaches these past three seasons.

That's why our fanbase deserves what we get. Foles is injury prone and our fans still want him. Guess who couldn't move the ball in Chicago? Then guess who got hurt?

Wentz should never play in the city again. Trade him to Indy for a 7th in 2022. Allow F. Reich to resurrect him.

and for the record, Wentz threw for 4k yds, 27 TDs to only 7 INTs last season with barely any help from his supporting cast. Y'all can blame him all you want.

let the rook play and give him the job.

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's why our fanbase deserves what we get. Foles is injury prone and our fans still want him. Guess who couldn't move the ball in Chicago? Then guess who got hurt?

Wentz should never play in the city again. Trade him to Indy for a 7th in 2022. Allow F. Reich to resurrect him.

and for the record, Wentz threw for 4k yds, 27 TDs to only 7 INTs last season with barely any help from his supporting cast. Y'all can blame him all you want.

:mjlol:

gangreen

Top Notch
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn #byrdgang

You have to notice the decline in him since 2017 :unimpressed:. With the same weapons, How Foles in 2018 resurrected this team and yesterday, how stagnant the offense was these past few games and the offense finally moves.

In hindsight, sticking with Foles, we wouldnt be going through this new QB drama and the cap implications from it.

Last edited:

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
Yall keep talking about the past but ignore the other shyt mention about Wentz as well in the past.

The dude is not liked in the locker room. Point blank period and you can tell how the team responded with Foles at the helm. Foles had players damn near in tears in that Saints playoff game. Wentz from what we heard is ignorant and spoiled. He has had run ins with Darren Sproles supposedly Nelson Anghlor Alshon Jeffrey and other players.

He has come out and admitted he was never in touch with his players. The Eagles created this monster by providing this kid the keys and benefit when not accomplishing shyt. 2017 was a fluke year I mean every facet of the team offense and defense was clicking and what others don't mention is that we had a east schedule.

Let's talk about Wentz record against 500 teams in his starting career. Let's discuss how he only can throw inside and never outside or how he doesn't lead his recievers open. Let's talk about his injuries.

I am tired of this Wentz shyt the kid didn't accomplish any damn thing and he has fans it is baffling

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.

Probably the realest, most honest post I’ve read from someone in yalls fan base ... and :mjlol: @FLORIDA BOI wasn’t the only one telling y’all the underlined ... I know myself and a number of others HAD BEEN tellin y’all that . And it was always met with insults and dismissal. Amazing how time changes things :wow:

But yeah , the whole Foles SB run/chip and followin season playoff performance likely fukked up his psyche something serious AND the fact that seemingly y’all players really really rallied around Foles ... AND yesterday they seemed to come alive a little more for Hurts ... something is OFF with him and many of have BEEN seen it and BEEN trying to warn y’all stubborn a$$es.

Last edited:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I gotta see what Hurts does first, if he sucks I want Fields. Like you said a black QB in Philly just feels right :wow:

I would love to build through the draft but I don’t trust Howie 1 bit to come through :mjlol:

I like the young dudes we have on offense, some of the old heads need to go though. It just sucks we gave some of them huge contracts, we can’t even get rid of Wentz without hurting ourselves

Delusional. You won't get Fields, we have 1 win and the Jets have 0. :mjlol:

It doesn't make any sense to give up on Hurts this early, and Hurts was better in college than arguably this entire draft except Lawrence. Sit back, relax and see what you have first.

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
You would've thought fans would've learned from the Kevin Kolb debacle, but no, history repeats itself

Kolb drafted in 2nd round, fans called for him after every incompletion.

Hurts had a 3rd round grade, we reached for him. He's not the answer so everyone KTSE next year when he stinks it up.

if Wentz not the answer, fine. But lose out & draft Fields. A guy with a considerably higher ceiling than Hurts.

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
Delusional. You won't get Fields, we have 1 win and the Jets have 0. :mjlol:

It doesn't make any sense to give up on Hurts this early, and Hurts was better in college than arguably this entire draft except Lawrence. Sit back, relax and see what you have first.

Fields is 18-1 as a starter and a much better dual threat than Hurts, FOH