"We Got a Senior Slump in Wentzylvania" *2020 Philadelphia Eagles Season Thread*

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
You would've thought fans would've learned from the Kevin Kolb debacle, but no, history repeats itself

Kolb drafted in 2nd round, fans called for him after every incompletion.

Hurts had a 3rd round grade, we reached for him. He's not the answer so everyone KTSE next year when he stinks it up.

if Wentz not the answer, fine. But lose out & draft Fields. A guy with a considerably higher ceiling than Hurts.

Your excuses are horrible. Hurts already has a higher upside compared to Wentz due to playing in bigger conferences. Wentz is a D2 QB and to be honest he is playing like one.

You have no reason to say Hurts aint that good. Hurts already showed greater pass anticipation then Wentz in three seasons

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Fields is 18-1 as a starter and a much better dual threat than Hurts, FOH

Hurts was 38-4 in college with a chip. Even if you don't wanna give him credit for the chip because of Tua, he still made it to the championship game, Fields fell short.

Fields is gonna be our QB so I hope he's better. I'm just saying y'all need to give Hurts time.

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
Your excuses are horrible. Hurts already has a higher upside compared to Wentz due to playing in bigger conferences. Wentz is a D2 QB and to be honest he is playing like one.

You have no reason to say Hurts aint that good. Hurts already showed greater pass anticipation then Wentz in three seasons

Hurts played with Devonta Smith, Henry Riggs, and Jerry Jeudy at Alabama and still stunk it up as a passer.

If you think Hurts has a higher ceiling than Wentz, you don't know football. KTSE next season and the season after. Hurts won't be an Eagle by 2025.

mikishere

#byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
To be honest, he wasnt right 2018 and 2019 as well. We have seen him too much missing routine throws, easy checkdowns, holding the ball too long like he is seeing ghosts and no consistent touch on his throws.

I think 2018 was a thing that just fukked with his psyche, I think even worse than Foles leading the team to a superbowl win but how foles resurrected the team in 2018 to lead them to almost the NFC championship game.

the bolded is real talk. the numbers looked good both years but watching all his starts, his inaccuracy, fumbles & getting rid of the ball were huge issues that we lowkey ignored and swept under a rug due to the injury and dropped catches bug. he also took a long while during those seasons to realize that he can actually use his legs to scramble. he wasn't anywhere as terrible as this season but he wasn't as good as the numbers shown. if the eagles make the right choice this week (starting jalen for the remainder of the season) and we have another team resurgence like 2018? :huhldup:

on the flip side, if the offense stays stagnant and we lose out, then dougie p's and howie's seat should be on fire. then you can flirt with the idea of seeing if a new coaching staff can somehow revive wentz if it's even possible.

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
Hurts was 38-4 in college with a chip. Even if you don't wanna give him credit for the chip because of Tua, he still made it to the championship game, Fields fell short.

Fields is gonna be our QB so I hope he's better. I'm just saying y'all need to give Hurts time.

Hurts struggled as a passer in every big game he played in, I'm cool

And there's still a chance you draft Lance instead of Fields

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
Hurts played with Devonta Smith, Henry Riggs, and Jerry Jeudy at Alabama and still stunk it up as a passer.

If you think Hurts has a higher ceiling than Wentz, you don't know football. KTSE next season and the season after. Hurts won't be an Eagle by 2025.

32 and 8 with a 69 percent completion rate is bad????

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
the bolded is real talk. the numbers looked good both years but watching all his starts, his inaccuracy, fumbles & getting rid of the ball were huge issues that we lowkey ignored and swept under a rug due to the injury and dropped catches bug. he also took a long while during those seasons to realize that he can actually use his legs to scramble. he wasn't anywhere as terrible as this season but he wasn't as good as the numbers shown. if the eagles make the right choice this week (starting jalen for the remainder of the season) and we have another team resurgence like 2018? :huhldup:

on the flip side, if the offense stays stagnant and we lose out, then dougie p's and howie's seat should be on fire. then you can flirt with the idea of seeing if a new coaching staff can somehow revive wentz if it's even possible.

nah, sit Wentz and then trade him

hard lesson but we need to stink for awhile

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Hurts struggled as a passer in every big game he played in, I'm cool

And there's still a chance you draft Lance instead of Fields

:laff:

Zero chance we draft a black QB not named Fields. I got @portcityplaya on my head saying we gonna draft a mormon because we don't pick black QBs, and now we gonna draft Lance? Dream on nikka. :umad:

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly

compare that to Baker Mayfield & Kyler Murray #s

Fields was 41 passing TDs to only 3 INTs as a first time starter. Hurts was already a senior in a pass friendly system, I'm cool.

give me fields. Bigger arm & more accurate.

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
:laff:

Zero chance we draft a black QB not named Fields. I got @portcityplaya on my head saying we gonna draft a mormon because we don't pick black QBs, and now we gonna draft Lance? Dream on nikka. :umad:

As a matter fact, y'all gonna trade up to draft Trevor & the Jets will pass on a QB. We'll trade Hurts for a 2nd and then draft Fields.

best possible scenario for all parties involved

mikishere

#byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
nah, sit Wentz and then trade him

hard lesson but we need to stink for awhile

please pack your bags and :camby: out the thread with wentz if it happens in 2022

i actually somewhat agree with you on the reality if jalen hurts is a long term answer for the eagles. but you in here acting like a female 2 days straight over the 32nd ranked QB :hhh:.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm

People tend to forget that he did stink it up to the point that he got benched for Tua and didn't look like a true competent starting QB until he made it to the Oklahoma offense. Personally, I don't either guy are the long term QB answer for Philly.

If you have the chance to grab a QB in the draft and you think he has a higher upside than Hurts and Wentz, then you go for it. Wentz is stuck on the team for the next season or two because of the cap hit in cutting him and you aren't pulling a Texans/Browns trade for someone to take on the contract.

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
Name one player on this offense that has played well this season, I'll wait

I've been a birds fan longer than some of y'all been alive

y'all don't understand the cycles of the league and our franchise

I've been an eagles fan since birth. Been to a dozen games, multiple playoff games. I've really seen it all.

I actually talked to Randall for a school project after he got benched for Rodney Peete. Rodney Peete won a playoff game and everyone thought our future was bright. Only to be in the basement until McNabb was ready.

We are an unrealistic fanbase. Our best skill player on offense are borderline top 10 TEs. We haven't drafted well. Our playcalling is ASS. Our gameplan strategy is nonexistent.

I'm more of a fan than 99% of y'all nikkas Mayne.

If Wentz ain't the answer, trade him so he can thrive elsewhere. But I know one thing, Hurts ain't the answer. Just like Jim McMahon wasn't, just like Bubby Brister wasn't, just like Rodney Peete wasn't, just like Bobby Hoying wasn't, just like Ty Detmer wasn't, just like AJ Feeley wasn't, just like Kevin Kolb wasn't.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Name one player on this offense that has played well this season, I'll wait

I've been a birds fan longer than some of y'all been alive

y'all don't understand the cycles of the league and our franchise

I've been an eagles fan since birth. Been to a dozen games, multiple playoff games. I've really seen it all.

I actually talked to Randall for a school project after he got benched for Rodney Peete. Rodney Peete won a playoff game and everyone thought our future was bright. Only to be in the basement until McNabb was ready.

We are an unrealistic fanbase. Our best skill player on offense are borderline top 10 TEs. We haven't drafted well. Our playcalling is ASS. Our gameplan strategy is nonexistent.

I'm more of a fan than 99% of y'all nikkas Mayne.

If Wentz ain't the answer, trade him so he can thrive elsewhere. But I know one thing, Hurts ain't the answer. Just like Jim McMahon wasn't, just like Bubby Brister wasn't, just like Rodney Peete wasn't, just like Bobby Hoying wasn't, just like Ty Detmer wasn't, just like AJ Feeley wasn't, just like Kevin Kolb wasn't.

They aren't trading or cutting with as the cost is too enormous. They have either two options:

1. Take a QB in the top of the draft and start Wentz next year to repair his value while also grooming his replacement
2. Use the pick to retool the team around him and hope that he gets better.

Cutting him isn't an option and no team is taking on the contract with the way that he has played this season.