We got a new Heavyweight Champion of the World brehs

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
The average black American kid athletically is heavily geared towards football and basketball hands down. I even think track and field draw in more Aframs than boxing at this point.
Don't blame em one bit. Boxing media on their and will take foreigners over brehs :mjpls:
Most of the boxing reporters are trash and on their:mjpls:
The game and fans haven't really moved on from that great white hope mentality. Jack Johnson only got presidential pardon recently :mjpls:
Even some promoters like golden boy on their:mjpls:
Amateur system ain't what it used to be that's why guys athletic as wilder only enter late in the game (and he needed the money for daughter)
And the sports you mention have collegiate programs too and education. In boxing you ain't savvy and very talented it will chew you out and leave you with a lifetime of CTE and regrets. You gotta be desperate or have real passion to go for it.

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How do you lose to a dude that's not even in shape

:stopitslime:

Being in shape ain’t always about what you look like physically. At least not in boxing.

Ruiz was in damn-good boxing shape last night. Dude got rocked, got up and kept letting his hands go until he found Joshua’s temple.

The fact he was fighting at the same pace for seven rounds tells me all I need to know about the shape he was in.

Supper

All Star
Daps
Just a reminder.

African American(DOS) champions

Deontay Wilder, Anthony Dirrell, Demetrius Andrade, Julian Williams, Tony Harrison, Errol Spence, Terence Crawford, Keith Thurman, Shawn Porter, Regis Prograis, Maurice Hooker, Gervonta Davis, Tevin Farmer, Jamel Herring, Gary Russell Jr

TOTAL = 15

Mexican(including ppl from Mexico and Chicanos) champions

Andy Ruiz, Canelo Alvarez, Jaime Munguia, Jose Ramirez, Miguel Berchelt, Leo Santa Cruz, Oscar Valdez, Daniel Roman, Emmanuel Navarratte, Rey Vargas, Juan Estrada

TOTAL = 11

Combined they are 45% of all boxing champions (26/57)
Mexicans and Black Americans have the most champions - Boxing Forum

BonafideDefacto

The Coli's Jetsetter & Globetrotter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
Its all part of the plan. AJ will get another huge payday in a rematch. shyt is kinda movie-esque with him losing to a low rank last minute switch who he overlooked. He will win the next fight late this year

Wilder has the bad hand, he lost that fight to Fury in the ring but the refs bailed him out. But even before that rematch he gets Ortiz. Now it plays out Wilder somehow wins...i hope...both...while joshua avenges his loss

the big thing is jarell miller who is undefeated and was supposed to fight joshua...if they reset a match in the mayish of 2020 with joshua winning then we can then get our ultimate fight of Wilder vs Joshua late 2020.

fukk yall...i can hope

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Its all part of the plan. AJ will get another huge payday in a rematch. shyt is kinda movie-esque with him losing to a low rank last minute switch who he overlooked. He will win the next fight late this year

Wilder has the bad hand, he lost that fight to Fury in the ring but the refs bailed him out. But even before that rematch he gets Ortiz. Now it plays out Wilder somehow wins...i hope...both...while joshua avenges his loss

the big thing is jarell miller who is undefeated and was supposed to fight joshua...if they reset a match in the mayish of 2020 with joshua winning then we can then get our ultimate fight of Wilder vs Joshua late 2020.

fukk yall...i can hope
Why are people trying to spin That wilder is the big loser from last night ? Joshua got embarrassed on his USA debut

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
All jokes aside let’s put some respect on Ruiz name this dude would wash every single one of us if we squared up lol

It would be legit terrifying. A Mexican taller AND bigger than me with hands like that? And so fat you know you can't do any damage to him either, and you sure ain't taking him to the ground.