We got a new Heavyweight Champion of the World brehs

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Yal notice how the move a lot of people are taking now is "actually, wilder and fury must be overrated as well :ohhh: "

dont try and diminish these other dudes who at the very least would've taken a competitor seriously - the worst thing AJ ever did was believe the bullshyt his stans kept chirping. those peers don't respect him, hearn is in shambles because the jig is up, and the whole fukking industry gotta reevaluate how they prop up paper champs because 'marinating' fights fukked up everyone's money this time around...

mag357

Superstar
Daps
Except joshuas body language was nothing like this guys. And like others have previously said, when the ref told him to come see him, he walked away. Then when he gave that half interested yes, he turned to his corner, and his body language was saying no. The ref was picking up the signs

I hear what your saying about " the rules" but Joshua CLEARLY, CLEARLY did not wanna continue, and the ref picked up on it.

The ref, people in this thread picked up on it the only person missing it is you

I'm laughing right now bro...
Corrales is beat up, he is in danger, one of his eyes is almost closed... most ppl would say that he shouldnt be allowed to continue... but because he said he wanted to continue, the ref (who is a veteran ref) let him continue.
Joshua was in no trouble at all, not taking any real punishment. Body language doesnt mean anything, we or the ref cant assume anything. Once he asks him, do you want to continue and he responds yes, he is supposed to let him continue
If he had any doubts, he could have simple asked him again. Gave him instructions like "I'm watching you. Show me something or ima stop the fight"... even tho it wasnt that serious.
The reason I think Joshua walked to the corner and turned to his corner and had that real relaxed body language, is because he didnt have his mouth piece and thought that ref would take time to get it.
The fact that he stopped the fight without even getting the mouth piece back in the fighters mouth is crazy

DatLBCGuy562

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ESLBC/21st & Locust
Taking over everything :win:
Who's taking over what? Don't be vague. Be specific. I know what you're getting at. Just funny that you're saying it HERE, a site dedicated to discussing Black culture and issues, and not brownpride.com. The lack of self and situational awareness, as well as hypocrisy, from you morons is astounding:mjlol:. Last time that I checked, Blacks still dominate pop culture, still dominate all sports that matter, and all of the greats that people think of FIRST when it comes to boxing (Ali, Frazier, Tyson, Louis, Leonard, etc.) are BLACK and not Mexicacs. So. Again. Genuine question. What exactly have you taken over, besides being the number one deported and despised group?:usure:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Even though he looks out of shape he still had that Mexican fighting style :wow:

dont confuse the way someone's body looks with them being in fighting shape. boxing is different. Ruiz was in better shape than Joshua. Joshua was gassed as fukk. Ruiz doesnt have a "sexy" body in terms of boxing but he has skills. if he wasnt in shape, he wouldve never gotten up from that KD. In Mike Tyson's later career, his body always looked good but he was rarely in shape to go a full 12, thats why he was getting beat by Danny Williams and Kevin McBride.

Last edited:

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
Looks like he was completely done/tired...but is this considered a controversial finish in the boxing world? Like is The media questioning how it ended

Idk the sport at all..but he looked shocked when the ref called the match

He looked that way because he did say he wanted to continue and then the ref stopped it. Honestly, he was gonna get stopped/ko'd anyways. He was too gassed last night. I dont think the 2 kd's in the 7th were from him being hurt, he was just gassed.

He lost leverage and money but he can come back.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm laughing right now bro...
Corrales is beat up, he is in danger, one of his eyes is almost closed... most ppl would say that he shouldnt be allowed to continue... but because he said he wanted to continue, the ref (who is a veteran ref) let him continue.
Joshua was in no trouble at all, not taking any real punishment. Body language doesnt mean anything, we or the ref cant assume anything. Once he asks him, do you want to continue and he responds yes, he is supposed to let him continue
If he had any doubts, he could have simple asked him again. Gave him instructions like "I'm watching you. Show me something or ima stop the fight"... even tho it wasnt that serious.
The reason I think Joshua walked to the corner and turned to his corner and had that real relaxed body language, is because he didnt have his mouth piece and thought that ref would take time to get it.
The fact that he stopped the fight without even getting the mouth piece back in the fighters mouth is crazy

bro...what fight were you watching? he had nothing left. he may have wanted to continue but he was stalling the ref. the ref was helping him out until he couldnt anymore. he wasnt responding properly. the ref was not supposed to put the mouthpiece back in until it was a lull in the action. you cant do that because that gives him extra time when Ruiz had him hurt. you dont let someone continue simply because they say they want to. you want to see someone get hurt???