Fxcking pathetic.
full

Xerces

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Smh... you let the fighters fight... goodnite

Except joshuas body language was nothing like this guys. And like others have previously said, when the ref told him to come see him, he walked away. Then when he gave that half interested yes, he turned to his corner, and his body language was saying no. The ref was picking up the signs

I hear what your saying about " the rules" but Joshua CLEARLY, CLEARLY did not wanna continue, and the ref picked up on it.

The ref, people in this thread picked up on it the only person missing it is you

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
NFL above all has taken all the large athletic talent in the USA, with perhaps some in basketball too.

I don't know about internationally.
Rugby probably. Euro League got exceptional athletes mans like Giannis who is a phenom. Strength sports too.Bigger athletic dudes are hard to come by. USA has a massive athletic pool for these big guys but I don't blame em not going to boxing. Sport has lost the plot. And its still somewhat race driven too so you got networks propping up euros more than even home town guys. And the amateur ranks no longer have prestige in the US so development a bit wonky. Get brain bashed in for that? Nah Imma take my talents to the nba etc. And the moment soccer gets big in the US especially the hood it will be a wrap for lower divisions. Once they see the money a lot of guys that could've been the next mayweather, sugar ray will opt to play that instead. Theres a lot of money in it especially europe.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I get ya point but MMA got this guy as heavyweight champ

Can't underestimate someone with how they look plus fury is hella skilled and has no right to move the way he does. He gives peoe different looks and stiffles their offence. And he big as fukk too. There is levels to this shyt.
Dad bods really be fukking dudes up.
you right about the top not facing each other its fukking ridiculous.

MMA is a young sport still and shouldn't really be anyone's comparison for anything, but Cormier was a top-class football player with a scholly to LSU who could run a 4.5 forty, and he was a a world-class wrestler. He proved his dominance as an athlete before he even entered MMA and you can see it in his build and how he carries himself, he just carries a little extra fat on top of it. He doesn't have any lack in training, he's stayed a world-class athlete for damn near 20 years now and his ability to bounce between weight classes is impressive.

That's different from guys who let themselves get completely out of shape and are ballooning up to 350-400 pounds while not showing world-class athleticism in any way outside of boxing.

concise

Veteran
Daps
My issue with Fury is that no one with as poor discipline as he had should be competing as one of the world's greatest athletes. You're talking someone who was out there doing coke like crazy, drinking like crazy, gets up over 400 pounds, doesn't box for two years, doesn't even train for a good stretch of that time....and then he just goes out and loses 150 pounds, fights a couple half-serious warmup matches, and then bam - outboxes supposedly the best fighter in the world.

AJ out there as a fraud like you say, didn't even start boxing until 18 and fights a bunch of subpar opponents and somehow picks up nearly all the belts.

Ruiz was out there up to 350 pounds, fighting mostly journeymen...then bam cuts that weight, takes a fight on short notice, and takes all the belts away.

Wilder out there supposedly the best fighter in the world the last 3-4 years....so who has he beaten, ever? Guy is 33 years old and does he have a single historic win yet?

I'm just not buying that these are among the greatest athletes in the world. For the last 20 years heavyweight boxing has been dominated by a bunch of guys who happen to have extra long reach and technical skills. All the real athletes of size are playing other sports. And the fact that the ones that matter hardly ever even fighting each other makes it even worse.

Come on, this is a nonsensical post. Guy takes a break and comes back, that invalidates his accomplishments? He was already a pro, it isn't like he's starting from office life everyday. What's the difference between that and someone who has a run of a couple injury plagued seasons, barely plays and returns to decent form? That makes his sport invalid?

I think you just have something against how they look. If it is so bad, you should go out there yourself and grab some easy paychecks.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
MMA is a young sport still and shouldn't really be anyone's comparison for anything, but Cormier was a top-class football player with a scholly to LSU who could run a 4.5 forty, and he was a a world-class wrestler. He proved his dominance as an athlete before he even entered MMA and you can see it in his build and how he carries himself, he just carries a little extra fat on top of it. He doesn't have any lack in training, he's stayed a world-class athlete for damn near 20 years now and his ability to bounce between weight classes is impressive.

That's different from guys who let themselves get completely out of shape and are ballooning up to 350-400 pounds while not showing world-class athleticism in any way outside of boxing.
Def for sure. Just meant to say that even chubbier guys got that pop and remember wresling translates very well to MMA. Mostly american collegiate wrestling and folk style wrestling. Out of all the mma champs right now only I think 2 of em don't come from that background. DC must have really loved wrestling because football scouts wanted him but he went to olympics instead. Like Ruiz had an extensive amateur career and was an olympian. But I admit the fury thing for all his skill is funny. I know wlad was washed but that fury fight was the most pathetic display of athletic competition I have ever seen.

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Didn't watch the fight but I had a feeling something was going to happened in this match. Joshua like Wilder aren't pure boxers but Wilder had knockout power going for him to keep dudes at bay.

No, Anthony Joshua hit the floor 4 damn times.

How many times does a ref supposed to let a boxer keep hitting the floor before calling the fight.

The ref job is to protect the fighter and Joshua was clearly out of it.