We got a new Heavyweight Champion of the World brehs

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
All that ducking cost him tens of millions to get waxed by a guy that looks like that :dead:
He got Ko'eed by george lopez. Streets os done
full

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Post on Fury/Wilder

I get your larger point that there's been a decline in the division since it's prime, the lack of star power or whatever but I don't understand the disrespect here for Fury or Ruiz. If anything it should be a knock on AJ for being a fraud. Anyone who watched AJ knows he has weaknesses - poor footwork, doesn’t utilise head movement/feints, suspect chin and brawler style which leaves him open to taking shots.
I’m not familiar with Ruiz but I am with Tyson Fury.

I don’t understand shytting on dudes like Ruiz and Fury for the way they look rather than their skills as a boxer - which should be the main thing a boxing fan should be concerned about.
Fury doesn't have the stopping power that Wilder has but it doesn't mean he isn't a great boxer.
In fact his unique style and impressive combination of size, reach and footwork - for a man of that size - is what makes his fights with brawlers like Wilder/AJ interesting.
Styles make fights, Wilder will be trying to knock him out all match while Fury tries to outbox him.

Look at Fury in these clips, the first from his prime and the second is from this year.

He's the closest heavyweight in style to Muhammad Ali.
Difference is Fury is 6'9 not 6'3 and it’s obvious Ali moves better, but still for someone to move like Fury does at that size is rare.
So while dudes with stopping power always have a chance (Wilder/AJ), as all it takes is one punch, how is a guy look Fury who is a technician, like Ali/Mayweather JR being shyt on when guys love them for their boxing style?

My issue with Fury is that no one with as poor discipline as he had should be competing as one of the world's greatest athletes. You're talking someone who was out there doing coke like crazy, drinking like crazy, gets up over 400 pounds, doesn't box for two years, doesn't even train for a good stretch of that time....and then he just goes out and loses 150 pounds, fights a couple half-serious warmup matches, and then bam - outboxes supposedly the best fighter in the world.

AJ out there as a fraud like you say, didn't even start boxing until 18 and fights a bunch of subpar opponents and somehow picks up nearly all the belts.

Ruiz was out there up to 350 pounds, fighting mostly journeymen...then bam cuts that weight, takes a fight on short notice, and takes all the belts away.

Wilder out there supposedly the best fighter in the world the last 3-4 years....so who has he beaten, ever? Guy is 33 years old and does he have a single historic win yet?

I'm just not buying that these are among the greatest athletes in the world. For the last 20 years heavyweight boxing has been dominated by a bunch of guys who happen to have extra long reach and technical skills. All the real athletes of size are playing other sports. And the fact that the ones that matter hardly ever even fighting each other makes it even worse.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Straight clown sport at this point. We're one judge away from all the belts being held by these two guys:

SPORT-PREVIEW-Ruiz-Updated-e1556709550942.jpg

tyson.jpg

Imagine a sport where the top-ranked athletes don't even face each other. Imagine a sport where clunky-ass Russian professors dominate for 15 years. Imagine a sport where the two guys holding the belts weighed a combined 700 pounds a couple years ago.

Ladies and gentlemen, it's 21st century heavyweight boxing. :deadmanny:

I get ya point but MMA got this guy as heavyweight champ

Can't underestimate someone with how they look plus fury is hella skilled and has no right to move the way he does. He gives peoe different looks and stiffles their offence. And he big as fukk too. There is levels to this shyt.
Dad bods really be fukking dudes up.
you right about the top not facing each other its fukking ridiculous.

Lil Bape the PostGod

Can’t talk to broke boys
Daps
Reppin
Sound sound sound
Looks like he was completely done/tired...but is this considered a controversial finish in the boxing world? Like is The media questioning how it ended

Idk the sport at all..but he looked shocked when the ref called the match