We got a new Heavyweight Champion of the World brehs

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
My issue with Fury is that no one with as poor discipline as he had should be competing as one of the world's greatest athletes. You're talking someone who was out there doing coke like crazy, drinking like crazy, gets up over 400 pounds, doesn't box for two years, doesn't even train for a good stretch of that time....and then he just goes out and loses 150 pounds, fights a couple half-serious warmup matches, and then bam - outboxes supposedly the best fighter in the world.

AJ out there as a fraud like you say, didn't even start boxing until 18 and fights a bunch of subpar opponents and somehow picks up nearly all the belts.

Ruiz was out there up to 350 pounds, fighting mostly journeymen...then bam cuts that weight, takes a fight on short notice, and takes all the belts away.

Wilder out there supposedly the best fighter in the world the last 3-4 years....so who has he beaten, ever? Guy is 33 years old and does he have a single historic win yet?

I'm just not buying that these are among the greatest athletes in the world. For the last 20 years heavyweight boxing has been dominated by a bunch of guys who happen to have extra long reach and technical skills. All the real athletes of size are playing other sports. And the fact that the ones that matter hardly ever even fighting each other makes it even worse.
Yeah best athletes have not been doing boxing only in the lower divisions. The falloff of the heavyweight division has been massive everyone been obsessed about the term superheavyweights which wasn't even really there before guys like kellerman started mentioning it but you got 6'2 ruiz wiping out AJ. Even Wilder started late in the game and while he's an exceptional athlete lacks aspects of skill. Though in his defence fury is a stylistic nightmare.
Klitschko's are A level in their prime realy, they could give anyone a run even wlad in his prime but the division was so thin in their time. Even then people were ducking, Valuev wanted no smoke with Wlad. Klischko bros never were gonna face each other. The fall off from 90s heavyweight scene is insane.

But in your opinion what other sports are they goin to? Surely not mma the HW division there is thin nowadays and its a relatively new sport. Most of the top 10 heavies are old as fukk. Same as boxing most of the talent in the lower divisions .More likely nba rugby soccer nfl etc

Last edited:

badtguy

Superstar
Daps
I wish I could respond to this clown Nigerian chick who tried to call me a sell out for not backing Joshua’s bum ass because he’s Nigerian. I said he’s a Brit first. They have trash hands. I can never back that shyt. :russ:

Yeah I been said that he was ducking wilder that was obvious

True Darkseid

All Star
Daps
Reppin
SWATS, GA
Even though he looks out of shape he still had that Mexican fighting style :wow:
Fast ass hands, and he boxed that man. His technique to counter punch was on point. The announcers kept trying to shame him until that first knockdown came. I laughed when Joshua got to his corner, and asked what punch he got hit with when he got knocked down. I knew it was a wrap then.

Xerces

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Texas
nikka DISAPPOINTED THE WHOLE BLACK RACE
I CANT TAKE YOU UK AND NIGERIAN nikkaS
SERIOUS AFTER THIS shyt.

WILDER SILLY ASS
SHOULDNT EVEN BE FIGHTING ORTIZ AGAIN.

NOTHING TO GAIN.

SHOULDA BEEN FEASTING ON THIS MEXICAC
IN A FEW MONTHS FOR THE UNIFIED TITLE.
:devil:
:evil:

The black race will be fine. This doesn't hurt them in any shape or form

True Darkseid

All Star
Daps
Reppin
SWATS, GA
Ya'll can clown Ruiz body all ya'll want his boxing style countered Joshua beautifully. That man wasn't scared on bit, and he got heart cause he got knocked down first and then he was like fukk that he knocked Joshua down and then knocked again, and again, and again. He was patient but effective. Can't knock any man who turns pro and steps through those ropes. Did anyone not look at Ruiz's Record also? He wasn't no bum. Ole box body got hands.
giphy.gif

And then
5cf363f72500001107dbdf32.jpeg

Anthony-Joshua-KNOCKED-OUT-by-Andy-Ruiz-Jr-in-one.jpg
:ohhh:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Yeah best athletes have not been doing boxing only in the lower divisions. The falloff of the heavyweight division has been massive everyone been obsessed about the term superheavyweights which wasn't even really there before guys like kellerman started mentioning it but you got 6'2 ruiz wiping out AJ. Even Wilder started late in the game and while he's an exceptional athlete lacks aspects of skill. Though in his defence fury is a stylistic nightmare.
Klitschko's are A level in their prime realy, they could give anyone a run even wlad in his prime but the division was so thin in their time. Even then people were ducking, Valuev wanted no smoke with Wlad. Klischko bros never were gonna face each other. The fall off from 90s heavyweight scene is insane.

But in your opinion what other sports are they goin to? Surely not mma the HW division there is thin nowadays and its a relatively new sport. Most of the top 10 heavies are old as fukk. Same as boxing most of the talent in the lower divisions .More likely nba rugby soccer nfl etc
NFL above all has taken all the large athletic talent in the USA, with perhaps some in basketball too.

I don't know about internationally.