This source is called darkness. Darkness within darkness
The gateway to all understanding

Tao Te Ching. Great book!

Aviso

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The truth is that your imagination, which is God, creates your reality. You bring forth into existence what you truly believe. We are the cause of the world that we currently see, not the effect. If you don't like the illusion, change your perspective.

Of course, many will balk at taking responsibility for their life as so many are taught to believe in or blame things outside of themselves. But your responsibility is your ability to respond to reality. In other words, can you faithfully maintain a holy or "whole" concept of reality? In other words, can you only look at reality with unconditional love for self and your fellow man? If not, it is not reality which is an illusion, it is your own inner thoughts.

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
T'hilim is composed in Hebrew, not Aramaic. The word that KJV translates as "the Son" in 2:12 is בר, which in Hebrew means "pure/clean/clear" or "grain". In Aramaic בר is the construct form ("son of...") of the Hebrew word בן, "son". The construct state denotes an "of" relationship (see Ezra 6,14: זכריה בר עדוא—Zecharyoh son of Iddo). The grammatical construction of the Aramaic noun בר requires it to be used in the possessive construct ("son of...") and not as a freestanding definite ("the son"), the latter of which requires the definite article א (i.e., ברא). In Hebrew the definite article ה 'the' is a prefix (הבן the son); but in Aramaic the definite article א 'the' is a suffix (ברא the son). KJV repackages the verse in Xtological wrap by using Aramaic as the source language to insert their Yushke into the verse.

There is no compelling reason to employ an Aramaism in verse 12 in view of the use of the Hebrew word בן, "son", which appears only five verses earlier in the same psalm (2:7). It is interesting to note that the Hebrew word בר 'bar' ('var' when following nikkud, a vowel) is correctly translated by KJV and other Xian texts in every other one of its occurrences in T'hilim ("pure", "clean", or "clear": T'hilim 18:21, 19:8, 24:4, 73:1; "grain": T'hilim 65:14, 72:16). Only here do they incorrectly render the word בר using Aramaic instead of Hebrew, unaware that נשקו בר is Aramaic gibberish as it is without the definite article א. The Biblical Aramaic phrase for "kiss the son" does not appear in the psalm. And in Biblical Hebrew it would be נשקו את הבן, the participle את preceding the definite direct object הבן, 'the son'.

There is not a single example in T'hilim where the word "son" is produced by the Aramaic word בר, for all of T'hilim is written in Hebrew. Moreover, the word נשקו, specifically נשק, does not necessarily mean "to kiss". נשק is a homonym; it can also mean "to arm" oneself. The whole context of this verse is about embracing purity. Should you turn away from Hashem's purity, you will be at war with Him. "Arm yourself (נשקו) with purity (בר), lest He be angry." Dovid Hamelech uses the word בר perhaps as a metaphor for Torah. Should you turn away from Hashem's "purity" (Torah), you will be at war with Him. The Aramaic Targum renders T'hilim 2,12 thusly: the Hebrew phrase נשקו בר (Arm yourself with purity) is translated as קבילו אולפנא (Accept the law). אולפנא is Aramaic for "law" or "instruction" - Torah.
:whew: levels just in one thread

Gematriyos can be used as hints or emphases for many different ideas, but it is not a specific tool for the prognosis he is talking about. Either way, you should be using Hebrew letters. It's 379.

One can just as easily relate 379 to the holy Torah, and Bottei Din (particularly the Sanheidrin). Those familiar with Sifrei Torah know that between the parshiyos (sections) in the scroll there is a little space, either a p'tuchah or a s'tumah: a parsha p'tuchah is an "open" portion measuring a minimum spacing of the equivalent of nine Hebrew letters (there are a total of 290); a parsha s'tumah is a "closed" portion measuring a minimum spacing of three Hebrew letters (there are a total of 379). In relation to this is the gematriya of סנהדרין (Sanheidrin), 379, the same number of parshiyos s'tumos or "closed" portions in a Saifer Torah. As we know, the role of the Bais Din, the Jewish tribunal, of which the Sanheidrin was the highest form, was to clarify the halochois of Torah which were "closed" or "sealed."

אברהם הארנב

Abraham Lincoln's White Rabbits - Presidential Pet Museum

Doesn’t matter if it’s “repackaged” or insinuated as “the son” or not because it ultimately depends on if the reader believes it or interprets it that way.

Maybe it has double meaning. Psalms is like poetry, Jesus spoke in parables. Take it how you want. But even knowing how both languages translations differ It actually makes more sense to me when you explain it:

“the son” or Jesus is pure/clean and so is those who following the law/Torah/believe in Jesus

Nice dualities rather than one view being right or wrong.

The scripture applies to both times/readers. Only for later Christians Jesus fulfills it. Even you being Jewish see it but you choose to accept 1 meaning or interpretation that fits your beliefs

David life wasn’t an example of purity so he’s speaking from experience but Jesus life was sinless.

Even Jesus died that David might be saved through his faith in God if you see it that way
the real moral is that the devil is in the translations :smugfavre:

Last edited:

Koichos

Pro
Daps
Reppin
K'lal Yisraʾel
Doesn’t matter if it’s “repackaged” or insinuated as “the son” or not because it ultimately depends on if the reader believes it or interprets it that way.

Maybe it has double meaning. Psalms is like poetry, Jesus spoke in parables. Take it how you want. But even knowing how both languages translations differ It actually makes more sense to me when you explain it:

“the son” or Jesus is pure/clean and so is those who following the law/Torah/believe in Jesus
There is no בן in verse 12. No בן, no son. The Hebrew text is being distorted in order to make the verse apply to Yushke.

David life wasn’t an example of purity so he’s speaking from experience but Jesus life was sinless.
The NT is replete with examples of Yushke making avayros. A number of them have been outlined in the other thread.

• Dap
Reactions: MMS

Koichos

Pro
Daps
Reppin
K'lal Yisraʾel

Anyone can make up gematriyos. יש פתרון לקורונה and תשובה תפילה וצדקה, for example, have the same gematriya. That doesn't make תשובה תפילה וצדקה a special segula for the virus, despite it being a direct quotation from the liturgy recited on Rosh Hashana and Yom Kippur regarding the nullification of the decree's severity (יעבירו את רוע הגזרה).

the real moral is that the devil is in the translations :smugfavre:
Traduttore, traditore.

ChezBippy

Rookie
Daps
I find it weird when people say nothing is real or it’s all an illusion

let me put a machete to your abdomen and as you watch shyt you never even knew you had spill out, question how real the feeling of everything fading to black is

It’s called a paradox
I’m not agreeing with you, I’m im just saying it is both very real AND an illusion
Hence pardox

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
Anyone can make up gematriyos. יש פתרון לקורונה and תשובה תפילה וצדקה, for example, have the same gematriya. That doesn't make תשובה תפילה וצדקה a special segula for the virus, despite it being a direct quotation from the liturgy recited on Rosh Hashana and Yom Kippur regarding the nullification of the decree's severity (יעבירו את רוע הגזרה).

Traduttore, traditore.
:jbhmm: consider that statement in light of the Greek and Hebrew versions of isopsephy

Sia (god) - Wikipedia

It was said that Atum created the two gods Sia and Hu from his blood spilled while cutting his own penis, a possible reference to circumcision.

Hu (mythology) - Wikipedia

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There is no בן in verse 12. No בן, no son. The Hebrew text is being distorted in order to make the verse apply to Yushke.

The NT is replete with examples of Yushke making avayros. A number of them have been outlined in the other thread.

In a literal OT Hebrew point of view yea I agree with you.

The funny thing about language and translations is many means can be interpreted from it based on the context history theology and just overall poetic nature of the psalms

Unlike the Koran the Bible is translated for all peoples and cultures (don’t you think God knew the scriptures would be translated to other languages didn’t Jesus speak Aramaic?) to understand so of course you can say “no son” in Hebrew if you’re strictly dealing with Hebrew people of the time. I agree but that doesn’t change the end result we have from those who later see it as referring to Jesus in the big picture

Whether it’s:

“yearn for purity, embrace purity, kiss the son obey god, etc or bad things will happen....find refuge in him” doesn’t matter if you understand the big picture

But it is a good topic of debate for those who don’t believe

But if you see Jesus as God and lord or the messiah referred to in psalm then it’s not hard to connect the dots no matter what language/translation

The Bible is complex enough that it may be difficult to understand in 1 language let alone comparing it in multiple languages. So I get it. You want the most simple interpretation and you’re right.

The avayros Jesus was accused of only matter if he wasn’t who he said he is. :manny:

• Dap

Koichos

Pro
Daps
Reppin
K'lal Yisraʾel
:jbhmm: consider that statement in light of the Greek and Hebrew versions of isopsephy

Sia (god) - Wikipedia

Hu (mythology) - Wikipedia
To each his own. It can be a useful tool for connecting different ideas in Torah, especially for children. אברהם (Avrohom) has the same value as בצלם אלהים (in the image of Hashem), for he was the first man post-Adom to fully re-establish the image of Hashem in man.

• Dap

Koichos

Pro
Daps
Reppin
K'lal Yisraʾel
In a literal OT Hebrew point of view yea I agree with you.

The funny thing about language and translations is many means can be interpreted from it based on the context history theology and just overall poetic nature of the psalms

Unlike the Koran the Bible is translated for all peoples and cultures (don’t you think God knew the scriptures would be translated to other languages didn’t Jesus speak Aramaic?) to understand so of course you can say “no son” in Hebrew if you’re strictly dealing with Hebrew people of the time. I agree but that doesn’t change the end result we have from those who later see it as referring to Jesus in the big picture

Whether it’s:

“yearn for purity, embrace purity, kiss the son obey god, etc or bad things will happen....find refuge in him” doesn’t matter if you understand the big picture

But it is a good topic of debate for those who don’t believe

But if you see Jesus as God and lord or the messiah referred to in psalm then it’s not hard to connect the dots no matter what language/translation

The Bible is complex enough that it may be difficult to understand in 1 language let alone comparing it in multiple languages. So I get it. You want the most simple interpretation and you’re right.

The avayros Jesus was accused of only matter if he wasn’t who he said he is. :manny:
What more is there to discuss about Yushke? You know where I stand.

• Dap

Koichos

Pro
Daps
Reppin
K'lal Yisraʾel
Nika riots - Wikipedia

remember Byzantium was a Christian kingdom :dame: this is also the first destruction of the famed Hagia Sophia...the current one is actually a replica

furthermore if you read what i posted earlier, revelations may be a false prophecy written by early gnostic Cerinthus

Cerinthus - Wikipedia
Some of the oldest extant manuscripts of Revelation 13 actually show "ἑξακόσιοι δέκα ἕξ" (six hundred sixteen) and not "ἑξακόσιοι ἑξήκοντα ἕξ" (six hundred sixty six).
If you take the Koine Greek "θηρίου" (beast) from the same verse (:18) and transliterate the Greek into Hebrew characters, you get ת-ר-י-ו (value: six hundred sixteen).

• Dap

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
To each his own. It can be a useful tool for connecting different ideas in Torah, especially for children. אברהם (Avrohom) has the same value as בצלם אלהים (in the image of Hashem), for he was the first man post-Adom to fully re-establish the image of Hashem in man.
I strongly encourage you to read Isaiah 19 again (my thread)

Isaiah 19:25

Whom the Lord of hosts shall bless, saying, Blessed be Egypt my people, and Assyria the work of my hands, and Israel mine inheritance.

Israel is and has always been connected to Egypt for better or worse :jawalrus:

It is said that Xi Wang Mu personally made the Chinese people out of clay at her leisure
Queen Mother of the West - Wikipedia
:jbhmm:
Zhuangzi also states that Xiwangmu is seated upon a spiritual western mountain range, suggesting she is connected to not only the heavens, but also to the west.
1280px-Mount_Moses.jpg
:whew:

now compare that to this story
Kvasir - Wikipedia

Last edited: