"...we are just running at a f*cking wall, I think, and we're gonna crash on that wall really soon" - CDPR on 'AAA' RPG's

zerorequiem

All Star
Daps
Wasn't technology supposed to make things easier? Why are things taking longer to develop? It's a double edged sword I guess? I'm totally ignorant to the game development process by the way.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
All these companies get a pass in there own ways.

Nintendo in power and cost

Playstation in pricing and Cost

Microsoft in huge 1st party games

They all attack it in different ways,

Nintendo gives you quality gameplay and hardware

Playstation gives you quality 1st party games

MS gives you unrivaled value, options and access to games

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Wasn't technology supposed to make things easier? Why are things taking longer to develop? It's a double edged sword I guess? I'm totally ignorant to the game development process by the way.
Maybe if they start using AI to help build game worlds
Tech is better but these gamers are demanding 20 hour minimum games with full VA, no bugs and updates and patches.
They want Triple A games and don't want to spend 40 bucks on double A games.
Games in general require more than they ever did.

Take a fighting game.

It use to be you could just have arcade mode and a VS mode... MAYBE a story mode and be good.
Now you better have all that plus some kind of campaign mode, Network play with rollback netcode, crossplay, a in depth training mode and a steady release of characters or updates.

zerorequiem

All Star
Daps
Maybe if they start using AI to help build game worlds
Tech is better but these gamers are demanding 20 hour minimum games with full VA, no bugs and updates and patches.
They want Triple A games and don't want to spend 40 bucks on double A games.
Games in general require more than they ever did.

Take a fighting game.

It use to be you could just have arcade mode and a VS mode... MAYBE a story mode and be good.
Now you better have all that plus some kind of campaign mode, Network play with rollback netcode, crossplay, a in depth training mode and a steady release of characters or updates.

Very well explained. Appreciate that.

Mister Terrific

It’s in the name
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
It’s crazy we are in the era of going decades without a new GTA or Skyrim. Saw something where we won’t get a new Elder Scrolls till 2026 at minimum.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
It’s crazy we are in the era of going decades without a new GTA or Skyrim. Saw something where we won’t get a new Elder Scrolls till 2026 at minimum.

GTA6 is being worked on...:ld: and ES6 is in pre-production I think... so there's that...

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Why spend a bunch of time/money on an IP that will maybe hit big when you can spend your resources on an IP that will definitely hit big.

If you are rockstar you are stupid to put big resources in anything other than GTA

Volt

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Rio
Why spend a bunch of time/money on an IP that will maybe hit big when you can spend your resources on an IP that will definitely hit big.

If you are rockstar you are stupid to put big resources in anything other than GTA
Because no one wants to have an Assassin's Creed situation.

The play should be using some of the revenue to get some other projects off the ground and maybe give them that AAA budget if it really works.

Volt

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Rio
What’s the assasins creed situation?
They dropped so many ACs that people got straight up tired of it for the most part.

Iirc, the latest ones were rushed, buggy and wack too, but honestly, I never played any of them.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
They dropped so many ACs that people got straight up tired of it for the most part.

Iirc, the latest ones were rushed, buggy and wack too, but honestly, I never played any of them.

So we not getting Assassin's Creed: The Trap :mjcry: