"...we are just running at a f*cking wall, I think, and we're gonna crash on that wall really soon" - CDPR on 'AAA' RPG's

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
So we not getting Assassin's Creed: The Trap :mjcry:
Nah... But what we are getting is a non open world, return to AC1 type of game on the next one.. They ditching all that bloated bullshyt and going back to the essence

That's what I think a lot of companies will end up doing. Not cancelling AAA titles.. But cancelling the need for a 40 mile map and 34984723984 things to do with 90% of them being bullshyt filler

Volt

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Rio
Nah... But what we are getting is a non open world, return to AC1 type of game on the next one.. They ditching all that bloated bullshyt and going back to the essence

That's what I think a lot of companies will end up doing. Not cancelling AAA titles.. But cancelling the need for a 40 mile map and 34984723984 things to do with 90% of them being bullshyt filler
Especially with the increased focus on story and narratives.

Open worlds don't really do anything to enhance those, on the contrary, they usually clash.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Also why games are coming out with more bugs or as incomplete messes
Yeah, i think expanding console generations will help with this. if it takes 10 years to release a decent triple AAA title. you can't bust out a new console in just 7 years. should just make them upgradeable instead.

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
Yeah, i think expanding console generations will help with this. if it takes 10 years to release a decent triple AAA title. you can't bust out a new console in just 7 years. should just make them upgradeable instead.
Expanding console generation would help some but I think making them upgradable would be a terrible idea. Just look at PC gaming to understand why.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Expanding console generation would help some but I think making them upgradable would be a terrible idea. Just look at PC gaming to understand why.
I don’t understand what you mean, I think making consoles expandable is a great idea. Every new console release there is always a shortage, the supply never meets the demand and people aren’t always ready to upgrade. Why not just let people upgrade their consoles when the technology demands for it.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
I don’t understand what you mean, I think making consoles expandable is a great idea. Every new console release there is always a shortage, the supply never meets the demand and people aren’t always ready to upgrade. Why not just let people upgrade their consoles when the technology demands for it.
It would be perfect.. They about to release the PRO.. So instead of being able to upgrade my system by sliding out the GPU, I have to replace the entire system...

Now I could see how it could go left if 3rd party upgrade systems come into play.. But they also don't have to allow that to happen and keep it first party only

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
And you think supply is going to meet demand if people can upgrade their consoles? Sony/MS (I couldn't see Nintendo doing this) would have to focus on building the new console and parts so that people can upgrade their older consoles. Also, what do you think is going to happen if companies have to start making console games to be compatible with last gen hardware? CP2077

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
And you think supply is going to meet demand if people can upgrade their consoles? Sony/MS (I couldn't see Nintendo doing this) would have to focus on building the new console and parts so that people can upgrade their older consoles. Also, what do you think is going to happen if companies have to start making console games to be compatible with last gen hardware? CP2077

I think it's a great idea in theory. I think it would be difficult to execute, but not impossible. Though something they could take advantage of to monetize the console more. It could only be first party components, or like with Sony with the approved ssd's from WD and Samsung. It would need to have compatible upgrades so developers could still develop on it smoothly. With some settings and features locked out of lower models if the upgrades aren't available. Even in my PS5 games, some graphical features aren't available because I don't have a new TV with the updated HDMI 2.1 ports. I think they would also have to make a hard decision on what is the low end and max end. But is that headache worth it?

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
This is literally everything that's going on right now so what's the difference..

If I want to upgrade my ps5 where can I do that? Sony... How? Buying a PS5 Pro.

If I want to play games that's compatible with both, where can I find them? The same place all the other games are cause they'll both play on the ps5 and ps5 Pro..

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
This is literally everything that's going on right now so what's the difference..

If I want to upgrade my ps5 where can I do that? Sony... How? Buying a PS5 Pro.

If I want to play games that's compatible with both, where can I find them? The same place all the other games are cause they'll both play on the ps5 and ps5 Pro..
But in the scenario you are describing, you are buying a new PS5 not upgrading the components in your current PS5. But you know what, if that's what you guys want go for it. Just trying to point out that PC gamers have been upgrading for decades and we still have supply issues. Not sure why anyone would think that would change if consoles were upgradable :mjlol: :mjlol: :mjlol: :mjlol:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
But in the scenario you are describing, you are buying a new PS5 not upgrading the components in your current PS5. But you know what, if that's what you guys want go for it. Just trying to point out that PC gamers have been upgrading for decades and we still have supply issues. Not sure why anyone would think that would change if consoles were upgradable :mjlol: :mjlol: :mjlol: :mjlol:
Instead of building, and making me pay for, a whole new system, when I don't need one.. I'd much rather pay less and have them have to produce less, in order to slide out a gpu and slide one in.

ps4 pro vs ps4.. A new gpu.... Same processor, same memory, 500gb more space (easily upgradeable already so don't even need that), it gained an optical port (ooooo wow), and an extra usb slot..

For someone with a ps4, that's a complete and utter waste of money on everything except the GPU which is upgraded. Just sell me the damn GPU

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yup, nikkas be giggling when I say stuff like the industry is currently in a bubble when it comes to Triple A titles but it's facts and should be common sense for people that actually pay attention to gaming news.

Triple A games are a huge risk most are hail Mary passion projects now.

Edit: or super by the metrics and numbers... meaning regurgitated trends that have shown to be profitable in recent years. Currently that's what most are.

The best games now are double A indie games.

Consolidation isn't happening because of XYZ, it's happening because stuff cost too much to make.

And on top of costing a ton, the industry is changing so you can't work people like you use to (which is good for employees but bad for gamers) games are taking longer and longer to come out and the gamers are so cynical and bougie now that a triple title that took 6 years to make can get negative press and reviews for any kind of problem.

Jim Ryan ain't just talking when he said they need COD revenue. They count on that to offset the cost of these games and deals.
:wow: :wow: