"...we are just running at a f*cking wall, I think, and we're gonna crash on that wall really soon" - CDPR on 'AAA' RPG's

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
who haven’t released AAA games for the last couple of years compared to the competitors?
The people in the OP talking about it don’t work for xbox or microsoft. The conversation isn’t even about games NOT being released. And Xbox HAS released games in “the last couple years”

You weirdos just live in this ridiculous sony stan bubble where you just bounce misinformation and misguided narratives back in forth till it becomes reality to you.

Get some help :ehh:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So make more AA games in between. Everything doesn't need to be The Last of Us quality. I'd like if Square Enix made a mainline FF game that was of PS2 era assets obviously in 4K/60fps and see how people take it.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What now Xbox hasn't released Triple A games?

yall are really nuts trying to sale points that isn't even about what the thread is titled.

I guess fire emblem or the new breath of the wild isn't a triple A game.

Meaning Mine craft legends and Hi Fi rush aren't either :patrice:
Looks like it's only sony and 3rd party publishers that release triple A games now :stopitslime:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What now Xbox hasn't released Triple A games?

yall are really nuts trying to sale points that isn't even about what the thread is titled.

I guess fire emblem or the new breath of the wild isn't a triple A game.

Meaning Mine craft legends and Hi Fi rush aren't either :patrice:
Looks like it's only sony and 3rd party publishers that release triple A games now :stopitslime:
Huh?

Theodoresolderbreh

No Shorts No Malarkey
Daps
Reppin
Theodore breh and associates
The industry did it to themselves instead of trying to make big open world rpgs with nothing in it they should have tapered it down a bit and put more focus on combat or some shyt or better rpg mechanics. Its crazy they keep making these games and toss every single mechanic into the pot and make flavorless gumbo every few years and wonder way shyt comes out the way it does. Millions of dollars years of time and employees crunched to hell for mid ass cyberpunk :francis:

Assassins creed, far cry 4-6, fallout 4, fallout 76, Elder scrolls online, Base skyrim without mods (shyt everything Bethesda made since Skyrim) cyberpunk, no mans sky etc etc etc. I'm shocked Elden ring actually pulled it off. Playing all these games with all this busy work and shyt to do but ultimately nothing in it.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
all this is are xbox stans pretty much making peace with themselves that stuff like gamepass can only support indie and AA projects. Its like how Netflix started stuff like House of Cards, Bloodline, Orange is the New Black, Daredevil, etc.

And now their biggest shows are The Circle, Love is Blind, MTV Reality shows and Comedy specials. They basically realized they get more viewership with low effort- low budget programming, and they even cut back at releasing full seasons on day 1. They know their service isn’t sustainable if they only bank on bigger budget and quality programming where they have to constantly renew contracts.

Its the same thing that is slowly happening with gamepass. They are finding they can get just as much attention through games that go viral like high on life, or sleezy shyt like atomic heart. Low budget cheap humor games. They are going to start putting Activision, Bethesda stuff on there and realize the subs aren’t going up like they thought and pivot even further into cheaper, faster to make games.

All this push back against AAA and big budgets and production times are tied to the gamepass methodology, because its not sustainable for a platform that pushes quantity over quality

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
Western audiences are trash is basically what I’m getting. All the open world shyt with trash storytelling and repetitive item collecting puts me to sleep. And it’s CDPR’s damn fault in the first place for trying to promise entirely too much. They leaned into it being a cyberpunk GTA, they didn’t lean away from it.

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
The people in the OP talking about it don’t work for xbox or microsoft. The conversation isn’t even about games NOT being released. And Xbox HAS released games in “the last couple years”

You weirdos just live in this ridiculous sony stan bubble where you just bounce misinformation and misguided narratives back in forth till it becomes reality to you.

Get some help :ehh:
Ok

Answer the question

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Saying what. How's it helping reduce costs
Laidlaw mentioned Wildermyth as an example of a game that effectively used procedural narrative, pointing out it should be possible to build tools that allow for more effective (and cheaper) procedural storytelling.

"I think we are on the precipice of really figuring out procedural narrative," said Strix Beltran, the narrative director of Hidden Path Entertainment's upcoming D&D RPG. "We haven't done it yet. But there are a lot of people working on it. And I think that is going to be a game-changer."

Beltran predicted that procedural narrative tools will help "crack the code" of pricey triple-A game development by making it easier to tell larger-scale stories, though they won't be a cure-all.

"I love story-forward, story-first content," Beltran said. "That is where I live. That's, I think, why a lot of people love the BioWare style, because we really get to have that. And we have to figure out how to do it cheaper going forward…