"...we are just running at a f*cking wall, I think, and we're gonna crash on that wall really soon" - CDPR on 'AAA' RPG's

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
it didn't just "get away with it". a lot of people thought it was GOTY, and I'm pretty sure it was From's most successful game, by many metrics

if nothing else it's success shows that people will play an RPG that's not just about following the dots on your mini-map
No one made proclaimed it as such based on any parts of its narrative tho, fool.

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Development def seems to be taking much longer than usual in the AAA space. This gen might be the worst output for next-gen only games since most of these games seem to be cross-gen.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
And don't let a game have mechanics that people aren't used to. It gets written off.
This is facts.

I dont know if anyone here remembers alien resurrection for ps1. That game got trashed in reviews because of the controls. It was the first shooter to use both sticks to move and aim.

Basically shytted on that game for creating the control layout every shooter now uses.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
xbox stans rationalizing why their platform is not putting out games OT :dead:

Not for me.

I feel like you’re just getting yourself tangled up in explaining why microsoft can’t put out big budget games

You’re just making stuff up to excuse microsoft not making AAA games

I hope y’all not using this as an excuse to why Xbox can’t drop any games

Interesting - I guess this is why it takes a decade plus for X-Box Studios to release a AAA game. :patrice:
made this thread to try to get people to talk about something besides console wars :mjcry:

CDPR and former Bioware dev's talking about the complexities of AAA RPG's

:snoop:

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
They shouldn't have rushed the game and focused solely on the PS4 version

kanye-west-aww-hell-naw.gif

The game should have been a PS5/XSX exclusive.

Last edited:

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
made this thread to try to get people to talk about something besides console wars :mjcry:

CDPR and former Bioware dev's talking about the complexities of AAA RPG's

:snoop:
Again i ain’t trying to hear that, that’s not an excuse to release unfinished games and it’s not an excuse to release less games neither

And technically dudes was trying to say this is why Xbox ain’t got games on the first page so tag them nikkas too

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Again i ain’t trying to hear that, that’s not an excuse to release unfinished games and it’s not an excuse to release less games neither

And technically dudes was trying to say this is why Xbox ain’t got games on the first page so tag them nikkas too
Sony stan’s crazy :mjlol:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I’m not you I don’t Stan no damn company, but I’m not about to let y’all ignore the fact that Microsoft has been quiet for the last couple of years
And y’all not about to blame “AAA game production” for them being quiet
Sony stan’s crazy.

Thread ain’t got shyt to do with xbox. :mjlol:

Xbox lives rent free in y’all weird little minds :huhldup:

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
Sony stan’s crazy.

Thread ain’t got shyt to do with xbox. :mjlol:

Xbox lives rent free in y’all weird little minds :huhldup:
Devs are expected to deliver more and more on the same human/technology/monetary budget. I think the wall has already been hit which is why we are getting less and less AAA games every year.
who haven’t released AAA games for the last couple of years compared to the competitors?