WB’s ‘Justice League Dark’ Is Set To Film in 2016!

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
513996-zatanna_by_drewgardner.jpg

Those Bunnies.:banderas:
:snoop:dikk moved:francis:

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
I'm inclined to believe Marvel Stans are either trolling or are sheep. JL: Mortal was going to kick start the DC universe after Batman Begins. They had the cast, location, and costumes ready to shoot but the Australian gov. had a problem with the film tax so it fell through. They even casted all the actors in their 20s so they could grow into their roles. Until DC's numbers with BvS, SS, WW, JL etc. Start rolling in then there's no "wrong" way to start a universe

Daps
Reppin
NYC
And again you are stuck in this mindset that the only way to do this is the Marvel way; DC/WB thinks differently. I don't know why so many of you dudes are so close-minded to the concept that not every comic book movie needs to copy the way Marvel did it. The way they are doing it with BvS does not automatically mean its going to be bad. You are assuming way too much and all of it negative.

you know what, you're right. so long as the movie is good, it really doesn't matter. :ehh:

i guess i am just fearful of the creative team involved and their approach to the material.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I'm inclined to believe Marvel Stans are either trolling or are sheep. JL: Mortal was going to kick start the DC universe after Batman Begins. They had the cast, location, and costumes ready to shoot but the Australian gov. had a problem with the film tax so it fell through. They even casted all the actors in their 20s so they could grow into their roles. Until DC's numbers with BvS, SS, WW, JL etc. Start rolling in then there's no "wrong" way to start a universe
And I think the writer's strike screwed things up for that movie too.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
We need a third publisher to get to DC/Marvel level so we can have triple threat :slapfight:
:popcorn3:

Sony finds its new comic book universe with Valiant Entertainment
CisTI4X.jpg

Since Sony Pictures now shares the license for the upcoming Spider-Man movies with Marvel Studios, it must have been on the look out for comic book properties to build its next crop of blockbusters. Now things are back on track; Sony this week managed to sign a five-movie deal with young comics publisher Valiant Entertainment, promising movies based on the Bloodshot and Harbinger titles, which are slated to hit theaters starting in 2017.

The first film in the series will be Bloodshot, which follows a shape-shifting super soldier brought back from the dead with the power of nanomachines. John Wick directors David Leitch and Chad Stahelski are currently attached to direct, with Kick-Ass director Matthew Vaughn producing. Next up is the currently director-less Harbinger, which focuses on psychic runaway Peter Stanchek and his conflict with the shadowy Harbinger Foundation. Both films will get sequels before they collide Avengers-style in Harbinger Wars.

While Valiant may lack the mainstream cachet conferred on Marvel and DC these days, the company has at least one serious bona fide to its name— something Sony may have noticed. It was founded back in 1992 by former Marvel Editor-in-Chief Jim Shooter, who oversaw one of the most creatively influential periods at Marvel during the 1970s and '80s. Both Bloodshot and Harbinger are action-packed enough to make for entertaining popcorn movies. Whether or not they'll be good, though, is still an open question.

Sony finds its new comic book universe with Valiant Entertainment

Daps
Reppin
NYC
If DC is about quality than why did MoS happen? :mjlol:

you gotta think that a lot of the criticism DC recieves is rooted in the the mixed reception people had towards man of steel. if that movie were a bigger hit and henry cavill were more of a star i don't think you would be seeing nearly as much skepticism as there currently is. and make no mistake that's all this is, skepticism... not revolt. everyone is still gonna pay to see the damn movie.

marvel had a stronger foot forward because iron man was such a huge hit. marvel might make a stinker every now and then but they came out the gate with a HIT... and they continued to make MORE HITS. avengers, guardians, winter soldier... these are HITS.

DC ain't got no hits yet. :yeshrug:

Bini Knight

All Star
Daps
Man a discussion about a dope idea can't even go without turning into a pissing contest:mustbejoking::brehyourejoking:
That's what I'm saying. For the same people who think DC is so doomed, has no idea what they're doing, and in all only care about Marvel they sure are in every DC thread :sas2: I would usually let yall cook but you're saying the same thing in every thread it's annoying. After March 25th if BVS is :blessed: don't come trying to be cool. I'll be quick to give you the :redcapes:. And Im no stan Im hype for both the MCU and DCEU because I've been a fan since I was little. I'm no cheerleader for either like some of yall
giphy.gif

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
That's what I'm saying. For the same people who think DC is so doomed, has no idea what they're doing, and in all only care about Marvel they sure are in every DC thread :sas2: I would usually let yall cook but you're saying the same thing in every thread it's annoying. After March 25th if BVS is :blessed: don't come trying to be cool. I'll be quick to give you the :redcapes:. And Im no stan Im hype for both the MCU and DCEU because I've been a fan since I was little. I'm no cheerleader for either like some of yall
giphy.gif

C/S

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Man a discussion about a dope idea can't even go without turning into a pissing contest:mustbejoking::brehyourejoking:
The diehard Marvel stans seem to only want Disney and Marvel to be successful. They do the same thing in threads about the Fox and Sony comic book movies too. It is just something you have to get used to.:yeshrug:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
So many feelings in this thread :mjlol:

The resentment towards Marvel :mjlol:

I mean I don't blame DC. They saw Marvel swimming in money and began scrambling to get in on the action :yeshrug: it's what any company would do. Can't be mad at marvel for taking the risk and can't be mad at DC waiting years until it was confirmed to be a viable plan to make one of their own :lolbron: