WB’s ‘Justice League Dark’ Is Set To Film in 2016!

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
Marvel universe has to have an orgin story for every major character they introduce, so every thing is drawn out.

Dc is obviously going for a universe where these heros are already known and established in the world, it gets to the point. I like this new Idea, orgin movies are played out.

Just cause you fail to see their vision doesn't mean they don't have one or they are rushing shyt.

Just because Marvel did it that way doesn't mean that studios have to follow the same format. Also Marvel said that they aren't doing anymore orgin films starting with Dr. Strange.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Farell as Constantine is a pretty good pick.:ehh:

And a black or Hispanic woman as Zatanna? I am down with that.

Comedy Deadman :scust:
Well he tends to be more broadly comic in his personality when on teams or part of team-ups with other characters. Deadman only really gets as serious and somber as his backstory would suggest he'd be when in solo or feature comic stories.

King Koopa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The 8-4 and fiery moats
I feel Farell would be a dope Constantine, but I'm still hoping this version makes a comeback on television...

arrow-constantine-1446664176.gif

Conz

Superstar
Daps
that dude on TV was good, but he basically comes off as a bootleg Colin Farrel, so they'd be upgrading

Uno

Superstar
Daps
Justice League Dark’ Eyeing Potential Cast and Directors
BY MATT GOLDBERG 7 HOURS AGO

justice-league-dark-comic-slice-600x200.jpg

While it’s a bit of a bummer that Guillermo del Toro decided against tacklingJustice League Dark, the studio is still incredibly excited for the project and are racing to put together directors and a cast for the comic book adaptation. For those who are unfamiliar with the comic, it follows a team of superheroes who handle the weirder elements of the DC Universe. They’re not all-out heroes like Justice Leaguebut they’re not anti-heroes like Suicide Squad; they’re the weirdoes and the outsiders, and they’ve got their own set of skills.

According to JoBlo, WB was happy with del Toro’s script, and while he didn’t come on board because of issues over casting and scheduling, the studio is now looking atBig Bad Wolves duo Aharon Keshales & Navot Papushado and Evil Deadremake helmer Fede Alvarez as the frontrunners for the gig. These are the kind of directors who don’t have the cache to throw their weight around, but they do have acclaim and vision, and if they can strike a balance with the studio’s wishes, then everyone can come out a winner. It will be interesting to see how much freedom WB gives to the project’s director, and how much violence they’re expecting in the project. Producer Charles Roven previously stated that all of the studio’s comic book movies will be PG-13 (something I think is a limitation in some cases), so I doubt Justice League Dark will be as super-violent as Big Bad Wolves or Evil Dead.

Image via Vertigo

When it comes to casting, JoBlo reiterates earlier reports from Heroic Hollywood and Latino Reviewstating that WB is looking atColin Farrell for John Constantine, Ron Perlmanfor Swamp Thing, Ben Mendelsohn as Anton Arcane, Ewan McGregor for Jason Blood/The Demon, andMonica Bellucci for Madame Xanadu. They also want a comedic actor for Deadman and an unknown up-and-comer for the magician Zatanna. Bascially, they’re looking to keep costs manageable on the above-the-line talent and presumably there will be some cash left over for some visual effects weirdness. They’re also not betting the house on this one, and I doubt the budget for Justice League Dark will be anywhere close to what the studio ponies up for Justice League Part I and II.

We’re still in the early stages of development, and things could fall apart, but JoBlo says WB wants to get the film shooting in early 2016, which is remarkably fast, and yet it makes sense if the studio wants to add some tonal diversity to their superhero slate. Also, if the studio is high on Suicide Squad, it makes sense to throw another weird team into the mix. “You want to have your one big superhero team?” DCCU asks Marvel, “Fine. We’re going to have three teams and they’re going to be vastly different.” At the very least, it should be interesting if it all comes togethe

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Justice League Dark Revealed To Be Next DC Animated Movie

Following in the footsteps of DC Entertainment’s animated recreation of the iconic The Killing Joke storyline, the company is taking on one of their lesser known properties for their next endeavor.

While it hasn’t been officially announced, we now know that their next animated film will be Justice League Dark, via the British Board of Film Classification (bbfc) website. In their listing for Batman: The Killing Joke, the additional material section includes “A Sneak Peak at Justice League Dark”.

Justice League Dark was introduced as part of DC’s New 52 initiative and featured a roster comprised of John Constantine, Zatanna, Madame Xanadu, Deadman, Enchantress, and Shade the Changing Man. The team was meant to be a Justice League-like group that focused on Supernatural and Magical threats, but it wasn’t actually related to the league in any way. In fact, they really don’t want to be a team at all, but they end up grouping together for the greater good.

Writer Peter Milligan said at the time (via Newsarama): “It was the “dark” bit that really appealed to me. The idea of taking these characters and this kind of story into some dark places. That doesn’t always or necessarily mean supernatural black magic dark. It can mean emotionally dark. A messed up confused kind of dark. The basic screwed up human condition transplanted onto a superhero/supernatural comic.”

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
Finally, It's official :blessed:

Doug Liman to Direct 'Justice League Dark' for Warner Bros.

Doug Liman is set to direct the Warner Bros. and DC Entertainment adaptation of “Dark Universe” — a.k.a., “Justice League Dark.”

Scott Rudin is producing. Michael Gilio is writing the script.

Warner Bros. had no comment.

Sources also added that Liman has left the Channing Tatum “Gambit” which insiders say is a mutual split between the studio and Liman.

While plot details are being kept under wraps, the story revolves around a dark Justice League team that consists of Det. John Constantine, Swamp Thing, Deadman, Zatanna and Etrigan the Demon.

The film is an ensemble focused which speaks to one of his early hits “Go”, which dealt with a similar ensemble. The film will play a major role in the new D.C. Cinematic Universe.

Constantine was played by Keanu Reeves in a 2005 movie, as well as by Matt Ryan in NBC series “Constantine,” which was canceled in 2015 after one season. Swamp Thing has also had his own movie, with dikk Durock playing the creature in Wes Craven’s 1982 film.

Del Toro was originally attached to direct, but the project was shelved as the helmer was sidetracked by other projects. Rudin came on board as producer last year, giving new life to the property.

Liman recently finished filming “The Wall,” starring Aaron Taylor-Johnson, at Amazon Studios. He is also attached to direct “Chaos Walking” at Lionsgate and has the drug cartel pic “American Made,” starring Tom Cruise, opening next September.

He is currently in post on the Tom Cruise pic “American Made.”

He is repped by CAA and attorney Alan Grodin

Finally get to see my bae Zatanna :wow: