WB’s ‘Justice League Dark’ Is Set To Film in 2016!

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
If an auteur like Ayer (with his rep) didn't have the autonomy to complete his vision then who is liman? WB are just going to screw this like they've screwed all DCEU films

Not excited

ezrathegreat

Veteran
Daps
giphy.gif

Great job, DC! This is the direction they should be taking with their cinematic universe. :jbhmm:Now, if we could just get a cameo from
latest

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I like Liman so i am cool with him as director.
Wasn't del Toro supposedly working on the script for this once upon a time?

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If an auteur like Ayer (with his rep) didn't have the autonomy to complete his vision then who is liman? WB are just going to screw this like they've screwed all DCEU films

Not excited

Doug Liman is a much bigger director than Ayer. With a much larger successful box office track record. They pulled Liman away from Gambit, I'd be pretty sure he has full creative control. Plus Liman delivered a hit with Edge of Tomorrow. And Warners wants an Edge of Tomorrow sequel, so I'm sure some form of dual negotiation and horse trading went on to bring him to JLD.

Last edited:

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Doug Liman is a much bigger director than Ayer. With a much larger successful box office track record. They pulled Liman away from Gambit, I'd be pretty sure he has full creative control. Plus Liman delivered a hit with Edge of Tomorrow. And Warners wants an Edge of Tomorrow sequel, so I'm sure some form of dual negotiation and horse trading went on to bring him to JLD.
He's a "bigger" director in what sense? Suicide squad didn't need to be extravagant they could have easily made that more grounded (playing to ayer's strengths) but WB stuck their noses in. As there is no one steering the ship (of the DCEU) there is no reason they don't screw him like they screwed the others

And you say they pulled him away from Gambit like there was something concrete there to begin with. It ain't been greenlit until production starts as far as I'm concerned

DlAMONDZ

That pu$$y got me grinning
Daps
Reppin
Cali
I remember being hyped af about this when I first heard about it

Now I'm just like :francis:

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He's a "bigger" director in what sense? Suicide squad didn't need to be extravagant they could have easily made that more grounded (playing to ayer's strengths) but WB stuck their noses in. As there is no one steering the ship (of the DCEU) there is no reason they don't screw him like they screwed the others

And you say they pulled him away from Gambit like there was something concrete there to begin with. It ain't been greenlit until production starts as far as I'm concerned

Incorrect. Geoff Johns is now in charge of DCEU ala Feige at Marvel. Liman has had way more success than Ayer has as director up to this point. Liman has been a A list director for many years. He has more pull. Like Ben Affleck has more pull. I guarantee you there will be no studio interference in Affleck's solo Batman movie. Affleck has complete creative control and is working with Geoff Johns.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Incorrect. Geoff Johns is now in charge of DCEU ala Feige at Marvel. Liman has had way more success than Ayer has as director up to this point. Liman has been a A list director for many years. He has more pull. Like Ben Affleck has more pull. I guarantee you there will be no studio interference in Affleck's solo Batman movie. Affleck has complete creative control and is working with Geoff Johns.
I know about Geoff Johns hiring but his reach is yet to be determined, does he have full autonomy? Is he just a stooge for the studio? There was another name announced as well that I can't recall who johns will be working with. Which brings up another question about how much control does he have? With marvel the buck starts and stops with feige ain't no committee shyt. Johns is a writer/creative type he doesn't have the film industry producer credentials feige has so this is really a shot in the dark

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I know about Geoff Johns hiring but his reach is yet to be determined, does he have full autonomy? Is he just a stooge for the studio? There was another name announced as well that I can't recall who johns will be working with. Which brings up another question about how much control does he have? With marvel the buck starts and stops with feige ain't no committee shyt. Johns is a writer/creative type he doesn't have the film industry producer credentials feige has so this is really a shot in the dark
Jon Berg is the guy who is working with Johns.
Berg is going to be more of the business side while Johns handles the creative.