WB’s ‘Justice League Dark’ Is Set To Film in 2016!

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's connected to a "universe" that so far includes 1 movie with mixed reviews. It features a Joker that has to follow a legendary performance, a Batman that people have been shyting since he was cast and Will Smith who some people say is getting:flabbynsick: boxoffice wise.

There is a difference between starring in a cartoon and just showing up as the villains. When they did show up it wasn't part of this concept.
And that one movie with mixed reviews made more than 700M.

So people aren't gonna see the movie because Leto has to follow up a legenday performance :beli:

People stop shytting on Affleck a while ago and we know that's not gonna stop people from seeing BvS

And Suicide Squad had an animated movie almost exactly like this concept. From what we've seen/heard, Amanda Waller puts a crew of villains together for a plan, Joker gets involved and causes trouble, Batman comes in a little to calm shyt down. That was the cartoon, this is what the movie looks like.

And I'm not sure how we can connect the TMNT the movie to various iterations of its animated form but then say all previous iterations of Batman are gonna stop people from getting excited about upcoming films.

Last edited:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
http://www.thecoli.com/threads/whil...word-of-ant-man-doing-green-lantern-s.338836/

http://www.thecoli.com/threads/the-...-7-being-a-bigger-hit-than-avengers-2.321279/

There is an undercurrent of hoping Marvel will finally produce a cinematic flop in every thread revolving marvel so that the haters can get justice for people enjoying the films. Saying bu by but DC is about quality not quantity :sadcam: or bu bu but marvel only made 284 million the fatigue is starting to set in :sadcam: or bu bu but Ava didn't want to work with them see I told you marvel sucks! :sadcam:

Only trouble is they are in for a long wait :banderas:
The difference between those two threads and this one is that those two are threads started by a dude who hates Marvel's movies with the express purpose of trolling you guys who are MCU fans.
This (and the BvS and Suicide Squad threads) are about news concerning an upcoming movie from WB/DC that has devolved into a bunch of nonsense because Marvel Stans can't stop themselves from coming into these threads and shytting on DC movies.

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And that one movie with mixed reviews made more than 700M.

So people aren't gonna see the movie because Leto has to follow up a legenday performance :beli:

People stop shytting on Affleck for a while and we know that's not gonna stop people from seeing BvS

And Suicide Squad had an animated movie almost exactly like this concept. From what we've seen/heard, Amanda Waller puts a crew of villains together for a plan, Joker gets involved and causes trouble, Batman comes in a little to calm shyt down. That was the cartoon, this is what the movie looks like.

And I'm not sure how we can connect the TMNT the movie to various iterations of its animated form but then say all previous iterations of Batman are gonna stop people from getting excited about upcoming films.
It doesn't matter how much money the movie made if people disliked it enough to put them off seeing the follow up. Spiderman 3 made like a billion dollars but Sony still had to reboot and the follow up made less. Xmen 3 made a lot of money but the fallout lead to reboot that made less with first class.

People are in wait and see mode on Affleck now and they will see BvS no doubt but if it's bad or people hate it then DC. :ufdup:

I never heard of the animated suicide squad movie and I'm betting a lot of other casual fans didn't either.

The ninja turtles cartoons are aimed at kids who were the target audience for the movie. The kids watched the cartoons got to know and like the characters then wanted to see the movie when it came out. TDK was a more adult movie that has adult tastes. If a movie is recreating a character adults love it has to do it as good or better. If it doesn't bad word of mouth will kill the movie long-term. We have watched this happen with remake after remake, reboot after reboot. So Leto playing a beloved character shortly after a performance everyone loved isn't an asset to the movie so much as it's added pressure.

Edit: I came in here and staed why I wasn't excited about JL Dark then you made it about Suicide Squad. I'm out.

Last edited:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
The difference between those two threads and this one is that those two are threads started by a dude who hates Marvel's movies with the express purpose of trolling you guys who are MCU fans.
This (and the BvS and Suicide Squad threads) are about news concerning an upcoming movie from WB/DC that has devolved into a bunch of nonsense because Marvel Stans can't stop themselves from coming into these threads and shytting on DC movies.
:ohhh:

similar to how GOTG devolved into marvel has no villains and is geared for kids because it embraces the tool of comedy :jbhmm:
or how ultron devolved into marvel has no villains and it didnt make as much as the first avengers so the reign is finally ending and marvel is done :jbhmm:
or how marvel detractors went into antman and civil war threads :jbhmm:

it looks like both sides get it, but only one side gets emotional :jbhmm::jbhmm::jbhmm:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

similar to how GOTG devolved into marvel has no villains and is geared for kids because it embraces the tool of comedy :jbhmm:
or how ultron devolved into marvel has no villains and it didnt make as much as the first avengers so the reign is finally ending and marvel is done :jbhmm:

it looks like both sides get it, but only one side gets emotional :jbhmm::jbhmm::jbhmm:

One question for you though homie because for the most part I agree with you on this: Isn't it appropriate for a discussion about Guardians' villain or lack of villain in a guardians thread?

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
One question for you though homie because for the most part I agree with you on this: Isn't it appropriate for a discussion about Guardians' villain or lack of villain in a guardians thread?
of course, unless its used as apart of an argument alongside marvels use of comedy as reasons why all marvel films suck, along with anyone who likes them and the money the film made was a fluke :francis:

months ago the popular theme from a select few in marvel threads was the movie wasnt good because there was comedy followed up with and DC is better because they are "dark and gritty"

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
of course, unless its used as apart of an argument alongside marvels use of comedy as reasons why all marvel films suck, along with anyone who likes them and the money the film made was a fluke :francis:

months ago the popular theme from a select few in marvel threads was the movie wasnt good because there was comedy followed up with and DC is better because they are "dark and gritty"

Word, I feel you. I love guardians but if I had to pick one thing about it that bugs me, it's the villain. And I think that's an issue for most of their movies and we aren't the only cats saying it either.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

You know that is bullshyt though. Those Marvel threads have brief stints of that but the entire thread doesn't get derailed. This entire thread has been completely taken off subject.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
You know that is bullshyt though. Those Marvel threads have brief stints of that but the entire thread doesn't get derailed. This entire thread has been completely taken off subject.
Hmm . . .who's fault is that? If you want to discuss the topic and not the haters no one is stopping you. lol

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Word, I feel you. I love guardians but if I had to pick one thing about it that bugs me, it's the villain. And I think that's an issue for most of their movies and we aren't the only cats saying it either.
i got no problem with that. but when peoples posts are

i liked the movie but (insert three paragraphs of prose about villain and marvels history of villain) and with that said i liked the movie :smile:

the agenda has been made clear

:jawalrus:

in our defense, black jack started it with the second post off top, followed by his next post

dont start no shyt wont be no shyt :troll:

DC stans started it, we finished it :demonic:

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
To try and get this thread back on some semblance of the topic...So far we got for proposed directors in this thread:

Ti West
Edgar Wright
Nicolas Winding Refn

I had the thought about Sam Raimi maybe being a good fit for this too.