Watson being traded to the Browns; 5yr/230mil

CarolinaKing

The Carolina Blueprint
Daps
Reppin
NC
Watson missed 700 days flat between regular season snaps. That’s a LOT of time consecutively - I’m struggling to remember an elite player who missed that much time straight and went back to their previous level.

Vick is probably the only/closest example I can think of

Theo Penn

on that Earl Stevens wine
Daps
When they showed him before the Pittsburgh game meditating with his spiritual advisor (or whatever), I knew he was done. He isn't there mentally and I don't believe he ever will be.

This. He is mentally shattered. Seems like a case of caring too much of what other people think. He needs to go to fully embrace what he did. He sacrificed his mental wellbeing by trying to gain penance in the public eye. Go full heel mode, wear all black, rock shades, and tell the media and anybody else that’s hating to STFU. Had this nicca going to sex addiction therapy and shyt. SMH. Tiger should’ve done the same thing.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
This. He is mentally shattered. Seems like a case of caring too much of what other people think. He needs to go to fully embrace what he did. He sacrificed his mental wellbeing by trying to gain penance in the public eye. Go full heel mode, wear all black, rock shades, and tell the media and anybody else that’s hating to STFU. Had this nicca going to sex addiction therapy and shyt. SMH. Tiger should’ve done the same thing.
He at least needs to get to an average point before he can do that as all he'd be doing is setting himself up for even more slander.

In fact he's already tried that somewhat last season during that Browns press game interview and is now performing even worse.

premier58

All Star
Daps
Watson missed 700 days flat between regular season snaps. That’s a LOT of time consecutively - I’m struggling to remember an elite player who missed that much time straight and went back to their previous level.
Kurt Warner? Joe Montana?

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
This Watson fiasco and also what's playing out with Russ as well is all the excuse that teams needed as to why fully guaranteed deals for QBs isn't a good idea. The Broncos got lucky as Russ at the time had all the leverage to get from them than he did, but chose not to use it.