Watson being traded to the Browns; 5yr/230mil

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
All-time finesse.
I dont understand how everybody didnt fire their agent and hire his. Got him out Houston. Got him a full guarantee. All of this with sex assualt allegations hanging over him and even structured his deal so he wouldnt miss out on most of his money when he was suspended. nikkas shoulda been beating his door down.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I dont understand how everybody didnt fire their agent and hire his. Got him out Houston. Got him a full guarantee. All of this with sex assualt allegations hanging over him and even structured his deal so he wouldnt miss out on most of his money when he was suspended. nikkas shoulda been beating his door down.
Well he did have the benefit of having a no trade clause so he had his pick of destination and could drag it on until he found the deal he wanted

drifter

Superstar
Daps
Possibly worst NFL contract of all time. Fully guaranteed. Haynesworth, whoever else you can think doesn't come close

I can't shyt on the Browns for going for it either. Vick was still Vick when he came back even though he was early 30s, Watson was top 6 at worst before the layoff, still in his 20s, etc. That guy is gone completely that's crazy

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
He wasn't humble during the entire sexual allegations, then he got the money. I follow him on social media, it's no secret here that he was once my favorite player. He needs a lesson in humility and for some reason being investigated for sexual harassment didn't humble him...

He was always flaunting trips and spending money, the entire way thru. Posting fake deep messages. Vocally fighting back vs the women and people who believed the women, who accused him...

And even before all this, him threatening to sit an entire season before any of this came to light. Nothing humble about that. It's one thing to request a trade and be unhappy with your team. It's another thing to threaten to sit out. That shyt lacks humility and is beyond unprofessional...

In hindsight, for as poorly run as the Texans have felt in recent years, they protect Deshaun. They gave him the keys to the franchise and he took that and bit the hands who fed him. He hasn't been right since and probably won't be. He hasn't played a full season's worth of games yet, so I'm not yet writing off a turnaround bit the early signs are troubling and I don't blame the fans or the press for being on his ass...
Oh please Peyton and Big Ben were never Humbe during their sex assault investigations, why the world is adamant on a black man being humbled?

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
Watson missed 700 days flat between regular season snaps. That’s a LOT of time consecutively - I’m struggling to remember an elite player who missed that much time straight and went back to their previous level.
Vick. In fact he became better on the Eagles

Daps
How do you fall off this badly at 28?

It doesn't make sense.

Stefanski sucks as well.

At his best he didn't deserve the type of contract he got and they gave it to him after being off the field for more than a season. Browns deserve this. He has plenty of time to turn it around but I never thought he would live up to the contract