Watson being traded to the Browns; 5yr/230mil

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
He wasn't humble during the entire sexual allegations, then he got the money. I follow him on social media, it's no secret here that he was once my favorite player. He needs a lesson in humility and for some reason being investigated for sexual harassment didn't humble him...

He was always flaunting trips and spending money, the entire way thru. Posting fake deep messages. Vocally fighting back vs the women and people who believed the women, who accused him...

And even before all this, him threatening to sit an entire season before any of this came to light. Nothing humble about that. It's one thing to request a trade and be unhappy with your team. It's another thing to threaten to sit out. That shyt lacks humility and is beyond unprofessional...

In hindsight, for as poorly run as the Texans have felt in recent years, they protect Deshaun. They gave him the keys to the franchise and he took that and bit the hands who fed him. He hasn't been right since and probably won't be. He hasn't played a full season's worth of games yet, so I'm not yet writing off a turnaround bit the early signs are troubling and I don't blame the fans or the press for being on his ass...
Exactly how I feel. The dude just seems out of it. I think he’s struggling to function in a world where he isn’t loved.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He wasn't humble during the entire sexual allegations, then he got the money. I follow him on social media, it's no secret here that he was once my favorite player. He needs a lesson in humility and for some reason being investigated for sexual harassment didn't humble him...

He was always flaunting trips and spending money, the entire way thru. Posting fake deep messages. Vocally fighting back vs the women and people who believed the women, who accused him...

And even before all this, him threatening to sit an entire season before any of this came to light. Nothing humble about that. It's one thing to request a trade and be unhappy with your team. It's another thing to threaten to sit out. That shyt lacks humility and is beyond unprofessional...

In hindsight, for as poorly run as the Texans have felt in recent years, they protect Deshaun. They gave him the keys to the franchise and he took that and bit the hands who fed him. He hasn't been right since and probably won't be. He hasn't played a full season's worth of games yet, so I'm not yet writing off a turnaround bit the early signs are troubling and I don't blame the fans or the press for being on his ass...
Dude kept his girlfriend, got his trade and got the bag. He lost nothing for being a deviant.

Last edited:

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
Exactly how I feel. The dude just seems out of it. I think he’s struggling to function in a world where he isn’t loved.
This is it, he had a pristine image, that was never true anyway, because he really isn't this clean cut, down to earth, humble guy. And now that that image has dissolved it does seem like he's struggling to manage not being universally loved...

He WAS, though, an outstanding football player. Son was literally on track for a Canton career. If his persona is that tightly aligned with his ability, he never deserved what he has anyway...

I'm still rooting for him because I believe a great QB has to still be inside him somewhere. But it's not looking good...

In The Zone '98

Superstar
Daps
This guy was accused of assaulting a million women. In front of the world.

His brain has to be wired me vs everybody. No way he gives two fukks about football right now.

Street Knowledge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
That’s what I hate about these sports shows. One day some person or team is the best in the league.. they lose the game and now they’re the worst ever. Like c’mon man. There’s been some bad football being played so far.. you got a few quarterbacks you can kill before you get to Deshaun. Nobody should expect him to be good right now anyway, he needs time. Most of these people talking want him gone anyway.
He’s been saying Watson was overrated for a while now though.

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
He’s been saying Watson was overrated for a while now though.
No Watson was never overrated. From clemson to houston. He has to overcome having he is being revealed to the world . You dont go from being good to below average overnight. So i think his problem is psychological....(see tiger woods)

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
No Watson was never overrated. From clemson to houston. He has to overcome having he is being revealed to the world . You dont go from being good to below average overnight. So i think his problem is psychological....(see tiger woods)
Ehhh Tiger Woods issue also involved physical as his training style eventually caught up with him and played a part in his downfall as well.

The truth of the matter is that most fans couldn't care less about it if we're strictly speaking to sports. They just want to see you perform and win for their entertainment. Look at Tiger for example and how excited people get whenever he's in contention even after him being revealed to the world.

Last edited:

lightskin jermaine

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Antonio
Yea I feel the Browns would be better off handing the reigns off to DJT. He outplayed Watson in the pre-season and with Chubb going down, the Browns not doing shyt this year. But they hitched their wagon to Watson and are going to have to ride it out, pause.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yea I feel the Browns would be better off handing the reigns off to DJT. He outplayed Watson in the pre-season and with Chubb going down, the Browns not doing shyt this year. But they hitched their wagon to Watson and are going to have to ride it out, pause.
After paying Watson $230M? Nah

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I don't think it's solely psychological, almost 2 years off has to affect him in terms of football feel/reflexes, plus he just looks slower and heavier than his Houston days as well... I remember him being super elusive in the pocket and that's just not there anymore and I'm not sure it's coming back.

Street Knowledge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Sports history is literally filled with athletes going from good to terrible overnight

CarolinaKing

The Carolina Blueprint
Daps
Reppin
NC
He's played a half a season now between last year and now. He just looks broken. Like a pitcher that can't throw it over the plate, it really seems like he lost it.

He holds the ball too long. He doesn't seem to be reading defenses at all. Loses the football way too often. Accuracy is awful, he either throws it in the dirt or air mails it.

Some Browns fans may still have hope, but after 8 games, it's hard to understand why.