Watching Captain Marvel again after binge watching Ms Marvel….

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
:mjlol:Now y'all just making up shyt. No one has ever called Brie Larson a shytty actor. gtfoh.
I don't know much about her other work but she was a shytty captain marvel. The movie wasnt some lowkey masterpiece, do you really want to die on this hill bro?

En Sabah Nur

The First
Daps
Reppin
Survival of the fittest
I thought the movie was ok. Not fantastic, but not trash either. Brie and Sam Jack have good chemistry, so I liked their scenes together.

People complaining about Brie not being charismatic...but I don't recall Carol Danvers being a character with charisma. Chick is a stiff in the comics I've read. The most interesting thing about Captain Marvel as a character is she gives Rogue her powers

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
I don't know much about her other work but she was a shytty captain marvel. The movie wasnt some lowkey masterpiece, do you really want to die on this hill bro?

I'm a woman, bro, and last time I checked Captain Marvel grossed $1.2 billion and only cost $160 million to make. Matter of fact, it was the first female-led superhero film to pass the billion-dollar mark, became the fifth-highest-grossing film of 2019, and was the 23rd-highest-grossing film of all time during its theatrical run. So evidently a lot of people enjoyed it. The way you guys talk about it, it should have been doing Morbius numbers.

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
All of these consumers appear to be buying into Ms Marvel. These reactions to a 10 second cameo speaks for itself.

Sir, your input isn't valid here for obvious reasons

I'm a woman, bro, and last time I checked Captain Marvel grossed $1.2 billion and only cost $160 million to make. Matter of fact, it was the first female-led superhero film to pass the billion-dollar mark, became the fifth-highest-grossing film of 2019, and was the 23rd-highest-grossing film of all time during its theatrical run. So evidently a lot of people enjoyed it. The way you guys talk about it, it should have been doing Morbius numbers.
Don't mean shyt when we're living in a world where crap like the first Suicide Squad and the last air bender can also do numbers

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
Sir, your input isn't valid here for obvious reasons

Don't mean shyt when we're living in a world where crap like the first Suicide Squad and the last air bender can also do numbers

I honestly think that if this was led by a white man, people would not be shytting on it like this. It's not a masterpiece, but it's a solid mediocre Marvel film. I also think the standard for what qualifies as mediocre changes depending on who is leading a film. When a white superhero leads a mediocre film, it gets called mediocre. When there's a female or POC leading, suddenly it has to be a masterpiece or it's just trash. There's no mid allowed.

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I honestly think that if this was led by a white man, people would not be shytting on it like this. It's not a masterpiece, but it's a solid mediocre Marvel film. I also think the standard for what qualifies as mediocre changes depending on who is leading a film. When a white superhero leads a mediocre film, it gets called mediocre. When there's a female or POC leading, suddenly it has to be a masterpiece or it's just trash. There's no mid allowed.
:russ:it funny to me how white women are given a pass for being white intil they do something :mjpls: than they stop being seen as being women before there white because alot the tropes/cliches you see in movies led by white men are also in movies led by white women:mjgrin:

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
I mean, you can say the same thing about the first Iron Man. Once he builds the suit he wasn’t tested.

This movie was about the Kree kidnapping Brie and wiping her memory. They trained her for 6 years. She had her powers but they but shackles on her.

All this movie was about was rediscovering who she was. And as far as adversity, she went thru or her whole life.

The timing of this movie is what through people off.

And Ant-Man 2 is another underrated movie. It set up a lot of shyt in the MCU. But since Ant-Man 2, and Captain Marvel came out after Infinity War and before there were no higher stakes (both movies had minor stakes and small plots), they both got overlooked. People only saw them as filler until End Game.
Tony was tested,iron monger was effing his ass up. Almost gave that man a heart attack,, had him living In a cave.

You need to see that movie again

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The movie was pure ass

The disrespect for Ant Man 2 in here tho. :mjtf:

Wasp's fight scenes alone were doper than literally any part of CM.

CM didn't have any dope fighting scenes for that matter.

Mid ass plot, generic af villain, wack set pieces, weak plot twist with the skrulls, wasn't funny...Nothing is memorable about this movie whatsoever.

Only reason I seen it opening weekend was also the only reason it made a billion: it was advertised as the movie you had to see for Endgame. Which wasn't even true, Antman 2 eneded up being that movie. I felt completely scammed.

Wackest MCU movie this side of Thor 2 and Ironmam 3. Even the eternals was better than this trash

The stannage is strong in here tho. nikkas wait a few years to try and rewrite history yet this movie is so mid the only positives folks can squeeze out is shyt like "look, a blockbuster! " 😂😂😂😂

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
The movie was pure ass

The disrespect for Ant Man 2 in here tho. :mjtf:

Wasp's fight scenes alone were doper than literally any part of CM.

CM didn't have any dope fighting scenes for that matter.

Mid ass plot, generic af villain, wack set pieces, weak plot twist with the skrulls, wasn't funny...Nothing is memorable about this movie whatsoever.

Only reason I seen it opening weekend was also the only reason it made a billion: it was advertised as the movie you had to see for Endgame. Which wasn't even true, Antman 2 eneded up being that movie. I felt completely scammed.

Wackest MCU movie this side of Thor 2 and Ironmam 3. Even the eternals was better than this trash

The stannage is strong in here tho. nikkas wait a few years to try and rewrite history yet this movie is so mid the only positives folks can squeeze out is shyt like "look, a blockbuster! " 😂😂😂😂

U didn’t need to see ant man 2 other than the end credit scene.

And Iron Man 3 was better than Iron Man 2 so your credibility is zero at this point. And if a movie makes over a billion, 9 times out of 10 some people saw it more than once so it wasn’t as bad as people like you say :umad: