Watching Captain Marvel again after binge watching Ms Marvel….

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
people developed that agenda against the MCU and never looked back.

People complain about the CGI in current MCU movies, and CM had some of the best.

The plot was simple and easy to follow

The message, the core of the movie and CM story arc probably went over peoples heads. Or they didn’t bother looking for it.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It ain't a bad movie by any metric but the forced timing pissed nikkas off.

They used nikkas anticipation of Endgame to force Captain Marvel as a big player that you're supposed to care and be excited about

• Dap
Reactions: DLo

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
It ain't a bad movie by any metric but the forced timing pissed nikkas off.

They used nikkas anticipation of Endgame to force Captain Marvel as a big player that you're supposed to care and be excited about

I mean to be fair, she was supposed to be in Age of Ultron, but didn’t want to introduce the character without some type origin story for how she got her powers.

So you want her to randomly show up in End Game without any back story? :russ: That would’ve been the definition of forcing something .

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I mean to be fair, she was supposed to be in Age of Ultron, but didn’t want to introduce the character without some type origin story for how she got her powers.

So you want her to randomly show up in End Game without any back story? :russ: That would’ve been the definition of forcing something .
I mean her being in Endgame didn't mean a whole lot. I'd rather her be introduced earlier or later :manny:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
I mean her being in Endgame didn't mean a whole lot. I'd rather her be introduced earlier or later :manny:

You gotta realize, studios (in this case Marvel), can’t assume everyone knows every little detail. There are people that watched Ms Marvel that didn’t know The Marvels was coming out. People who keep up with every little detail, rumor and leak only make up a small part of the audience.

So they obviously didn’t want to introduce CM in End Game and have people wondering who she is.

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sir, your input isn't valid here for obvious reasons

Don't mean shyt when we're living in a world where crap like the first Suicide Squad and the last air bender can also do numbers
The Last Airbender didn't do close to the type of numbers that this did. The Suicide Squad was closer but it had star power in known characters, The Joker, and Will Smith staring.

Captain Marvel did numbers on a relatively unknown character with an apparently hated star. People liked something about it.

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
The Last Airbender didn't do close to the type of numbers that this did. The Suicide Squad was closer but it had star power in known characters, The Joker, and Will Smith staring.

Captain Marvel did numbers on a relatively unknown character with an apparently hated star. People liked something about it.
Yeah it was an MCU movie coming off of Infinity War and heading into Endgame's heat. Airbender still made money and sucked

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
I've learned to let my indifference go on this film
I'll always feel bad for carol since she isn't in the avengers assemble shot. like damn she got ethered enough with that move
also Shang Chi is the best phase 4 film I'll die on that hill. stop bad mouthing it :ufdup:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
I've learned to let my indifference go on this film
I'll always feel bad for carol since she isn't in the avengers assemble shot. like damn she got ethered enough with that move
also Shang Chi is the best phase 4 film I'll die on that hill. stop bad mouthing it :ufdup:
Honestly Chi and Black Widow were the best thus far.

The least amount of super powers

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
I honestly think that if this was led by a white man, people would not be shytting on it like this. It's not a masterpiece, but it's a solid mediocre Marvel film. I also think the standard for what qualifies as mediocre changes depending on who is leading a film. When a white superhero leads a mediocre film, it gets called mediocre. When there's a female or POC leading, suddenly it has to be a masterpiece or it's just trash. There's no mid allowed.

Naw it's bagged on because it was complete trash.

Weak action, weak main character, weak storyline. Forced agenda bullshyt .

Only thing it had going for it was finding out how Nick Fury lost his eye and that was rendered to a gag along with it being the preceding movie to endgame.

Nobody had a problem with Wonder Woman which was not a masterpiece but was simply good. People regard Wandavision as the best mcu tv show, which also was no masterpiece.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Naw it's bagged on because it was complete trash.

Weak action, weak main character, weak storyline. Forced agenda bullshyt .

Only thing it had going for it was finding out how Nick Fury lost his eye and that was rendered to a gag along with it being the preceding movie to endgame.

Nobody had a problem with Wonder Woman which was not a masterpiece but was simply good. People regard Wandavision as the best mcu tv show, which also was no masterpiece.

What was the agenda? :dahell:

Y’all never get into specifics. She was bullied? She was brainwashed? The was discriminated against?

The same shyt a man goes thru.

All that’s left is the Kree vs Skrulls. What’s the agenda there?

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Where does the logic come from that ticket sales are equivalent to enjoyment of the movie?? You realize a person has to buy the ticket before watching the movie, right?

Stans
U didn’t need to see ant man 2 other than the end credit scene.

And Iron Man 3 was better than Iron Man 2 so your credibility is zero at this point. And if a movie makes over a billion, 9 times out of 10 some people saw it more than once so it wasn’t as bad as people like you say :umad:
You should plug up that gas leak in your home ASAP

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Where does the logic come from that ticket sales are equivalent to enjoyment of the movie?? You realize a person has to buy the ticket before watching the movie, right?

Stans

You should plug up that gas leak in your home ASAP
The logic comes in when the sales reach a point that has to include repeated viewings. A movie cannot reach a billion dollars in sales without part of the audience seeing the movie at least a second time in theaters.

That's why it matters that how much "The Last Airbender" made. It was the equivalent of a big opening weekend followed by a drop off a cliff. Suicide Squad made more but didn't reach a billion because people weren't going back for a second round.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
The logic comes in when the sales reach a point that has to include repeated viewings. A movie cannot reach a billion dollars in sales without part of the audience seeing the movie at least a second time in theaters.

That's why it matters that how much "The Last Airbender" made. It was the equivalent of a big opening weekend followed by a drop off a cliff. Suicide Squad made more but didn't reach a billion because people weren't going back for a second round.

Don’t forget word of mouth. People who didn’t plan to see it, go check it out based on reactions from the people who they know saw it.