Watching Captain Marvel again after binge watching Ms Marvel….

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
They made a black woman idiolize a cac woman :unimpressed:

They then made this black woman a single mother for no damn reason :unimpressed:

They then have the black woman say that ONLY the cac woman EVER supported her job wise and familial wise:unimpressed:

They then have the black woman’s daughter ALSO IDIOLIZE the cac woman :unimpressed:

From I’ve heard none of this was in the comics. So WHY was this BULLshyt INSERTED IN?

One of the most blatant agenda movies I've recently seen:scust:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Right, but all those sequels you named had the names of the characters in the title, and featured additional characters like Marvel movies have evolved to do. They were clearly marketed as the solo character's sequel movies - and though they feature other characters the main focus was still on them. Carol, in only her second movie mind you, is not getting a "Captain Marvel 2" title - but rather "The Marvels" which by all indications will focus on the three somewhat evenly. I would submit you that this wouldn't be happening if Marvel felt her movie had resonated like some of the others. It would be a clear "Captain Marvel 2" and would have had guest stars like the other movies. I'm going to bet it will be "Shang Chi 2" or "Shang Ch and the.... (or whatever it will be called)".

It’s called Marvels because there are 2 characters in it with the same name :mindblown:

It’s not that serious breh. To think she won’t play a major role in the MCU is misguided.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
They made a black woman idiolize a cac woman :unimpressed:

They then made this black woman a single mother for no damn reason :unimpressed:

They then have the black woman say that ONLY the cac woman EVER supported her job wise and familial wise:unimpressed:

They then have the black woman’s daughter ALSO IDIOLIZE the cac woman :unimpressed:

From I’ve heard none of this was in the comics. So WHY was this BULLshyt INSERTED IN?

One of the most blatant agenda movies I've recently seen:scust:

They were best friends :snoop: nobody idolized anyone. And the black woman was a better pilot, owned her own home on her own property, and was highly ranked.

Bar Razor

All Star
Daps
It’s called Marvels because there are 2 characters in it with the same name :mindblown:

It’s not that serious breh. To think she won’t play a major role in the MCU is misguided.

Agree to disagree. I think the lack of having "Captain Marvel" in the title is a direct result from the perception that CM was on the divisive side - specifically regarding the characterization of Carol and they want to course correct by focusing on the three of them. Also, I'm not saying she won't play a major role in the MCU - she will. I'm just saying I think they feel they need to tweak some things about her character to increase her likeability. I don't think she's up there with Tony, T'Challa, Cap, Thor, Antman hell even Shang Chi now as far as public perception, and despite how much she's been pushed.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
They were best friends :snoop: nobody idolized anyone. And the black woman was a better pilot, owned her own home on her own property, and was highly ranked.

You always lie :mjlol:

"You were the most powerful person I knew, way before you could shoot fire from your fists, do you hear me?, do you hear me?" :mjlol:

And if the black woman was the better pilot, the alien cac woman would have picked her for her mission, instead she didn't and chose the Captain Marvel :mjlol:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Agree to disagree. I think the lack of having "Captain Marvel" in the title is a direct result from the perception that CM was on the divisive side - specifically regarding the characterization of Carol and they want to course correct by focusing on the three of them. Also, I'm not saying she won't play a major role in the MCU - she will. I'm just saying I think they feel they need to tweak some things about her character to increase her likeability. I don't think she's up there with Tony, T'Challa, Cap, Thor, Antman hell even Shang Chi now as far as public perception, and despite how much she's been pushed.

Some characters don’t warrant solo movies. I made this thread do say CM was better than people gave it credit for. Obviously at the time there was a lot of other shyt that distracted from the movie itself before it was released.

Honestly, at this point do people even want solo MCU movies from every character? Not really.

Ms Marvel is also better than people (casuals) give it credit for, which made me go back and watch CM. So it’s all connected. And I’m sure people who liked Ms Marvel that didn’t see CM will go back and check it out.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
This we can agree on. Dude reaching harder than Reed.

How is it reaching when none of what I mentioned happened in the actual source material? :mjlol:

So please tell me why it was inserted into the movie? :mjlol:

I've just googled searched the character and seen the character has black husband in the comic who is an inspiration for the daughter becoming a superhero, yet it was REMOVED :dead:

The daughter who actually becomes "Captain Marvel" before the cac version the movie was based on :mjtf:

Bar Razor

All Star
Daps
How is it reaching when none of what I mentioned happened in the actual source material? :mjlol:

So please tell me why it was inserted into the movie? :mjlol:

I've just googled searched the character and seen the character has black husband in the comic who is an inspiration for the daughter becoming a superhero, yet it was REMOVED :dead:

The daughter who actually becomes "Captain Marvel" before the cac version the movie was based on :mjtf:
Because a lot of shyt doesn't make it from the source material into the movies. Maria was fine, so is Monica who grew up to become a superhero in her own right. I'm also well aware of who Monica was in the comics. They obviously went with the version of CM that is the most highly recognized in modern times. And again, Photon/Spectrum is coming.

Bar Razor

All Star
Daps
Some characters don’t warrant solo movies. I made this thread do say CM was better than people gave it credit for. Obviously at the time there was a lot of other shyt that distracted from the movie itself before it was released.

Honestly, at this point do people even want solo MCU movies from every character? Not really.

Ms Marvel is also better than people (casuals) give it credit for, which made me go back and watch CM. So it’s all connected. And I’m sure people who liked Ms Marvel that didn’t see CM will go back and check it out.
Right. I never said it's pure garbage, but it had, imo, flaws that prevented it from being one of the upper echelon Marvel joints. I won't even get into the wack way Fury loses his eye.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
You mean like Captain America 2, where you had Black Widow and Falcon share the screen? Or Captain America Winter Soldier where everyone was in it.

Or Thor 3, where Thor shared the screen with Loki, Hulk and Valkyrie.

Or Spider Man who had hella cameos.

Or Dr Strange 2 where there were hella cameos

Obviously, the MCU has evolved. More characters are crossing over into movies. And the fact that there are 2 characters that share the name Marvel, it would make sense to call it something else. I would’ve done the same thing. I kinda think Marvel is also past full fledged origin stories at this point.

STOP PLAYING DUMB
GOOFY nikka

THE shyt SHOULD BE CALLED
CAPTAIN MARVEL: PERIOD.

:devil:
:evil:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin

STOP PLAYING DUMB
GOOFY nikka

THE shyt SHOULD BE CALLED
CAPTAIN MARVEL: PERIOD.

:devil:
:evil:

But u act like Marvel never changed titles

And in a post infinity saga, there are more team ups.

You act like this is going to be a Disney + show.

And the reactions people had when she showed up at the end of Ms Marvel shows her position is solidified in the MCU.

Bar Razor

All Star
Daps
But u act like Marvel never changed titles

And in a post infinity saga, there are more team ups.

You act like this is going to be a Disney + show.

And the reactions people had when she showed up at the end of Ms Marvel shows her position is solidified in the MCU.

The sequel doesn't have Captain Marvel in it for a reason dukes. The third Antman movie is going to have Antman in the title, lol. Again, Shang Chi will have Shang Chi in the title. Captain America: New World Order has what? CAPTAIN AMERICA in the title. Marketing is important in movies, especially for casuals and a billion dollar movie doesn't have the lead protagonist's name in it's sequel like EVERY OTHER MARVEL MOVIE?

That's for a reason whether you want to admit it or not.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
The sequel doesn't have Captain Marvel in it for a reason dukes. The third Antman movie is going to have Antman in the title, lol. Again, Shang Chi will have Shang Chi in the title. Captain America: New World Order has what? CAPTAIN AMERICA in the title. Marketing is important in movies, especially for casuals and a billion dollar movie doesn't have the lead protagonist's name in it's sequel like EVERY OTHER MARVEL MOVIE?

That's for a reason whether you want to admit it or not.

The Ant-Man sequel was called Ant-Man and Wasp tho :mjlol:

So at least wait for the third CM movie before you start going in