watched "Training Day" for the first time in about 15-16yrs. Damn...

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Who assumed Jake was undercover? :dahell:

Eveybody was calling him rookie and he showed throughout the movie he was inexperienced.

well if your undercover, you gotta play your role

hes from the valley, he supposed to be a obvious newbie, if he was experienced and hardcore it would obvious

Last edited:

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is somewhat relevant but I remember watching this, Zoolander, Gladiator and Meet the Parents in like a two week span when I was really sick as a freshmen in high school. They had all come out within the same year. Early era of DVD's :ohlawd:

Last edited:

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Wait..what :ohhh:
Yep. Roger was an ex-cop turned drug dealer. It took me a while to catch on. When he referenced the "pension" shyt I always assumed he was referring to the money under his kitchen floor. Lol. But nope.

Alonzo takes Jake to the house of an old friend of his, Roger, (Scott Glenn) who is a retired LAPD veteran but is now dealing drugs on the side. They share a drink together and a few laughs. Roger asks Alonzo about an incident that happened when Alonzo was recently on vacation in Las Vegas but Alonzo brushes it off, saying it's not a problem.

After paying a visit to Roger, an ex-cop turned drug dealer, Jake notices a pair of addicts attempting to rape a teenage girl in an alley. Jake intervenes while Alonzo watches. After the girl leaves and Alonzo scares the addicts off, Jake finds the girl's wallet on the ground and retrieves it.

I'm thinking Roger is probably the one that corrupted Alonzo.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
is it true that the real life alonzo had some connection to death row as a crooked cop?
He's loosely based off Rafael Perez. There's rumors Perez was connected to Death Row but they never been substantiated. Reggie White Jr. who was with Death Row from 1995 and on, says he never seen Rafael Perez ever. Said the rumors of him being around Death Row is cap. But he was 100% a crooked cop and ended up doing time for stealing cocaine from evidence room.

Last edited:

The Prince of All Saiyans

Formerly Jisoo Stan & @Twitter
Daps
Yep. Roger was an ex-cop turned drug dealer. It took me a while to catch on. When he referenced the "pension" shyt I always assumed he was referring to the money under his kitchen floor. Lol. But nope.

I'm thinking Roger is probably the one that corrupted Alonzo.
2035f6e0d1b527cc14bae03170e6cc01cc9c1c34.gif

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Roger wasn't a cop. It's a good performance by Scott Glenn, but he doesn't really come across like a heavy hitter dope boy, it's all a little too neat, it's not even that he's white, and older, it's just doesn't feel right. Lacks the grit and menace of the gangsters, probably because they weren't actors.

The tell is when Alonzo says something like "I am cashing in one of my accounts, my first one", and again "I watched him operate for years with impunity and now I got him", "Roger sold dope to kids"

The pension thing is, he's saying they want too much. They are getting greedy. He's fine with paying them off, as he has been doing, but taking his bankroll is unacceptable. If they were saying he was an ex cop, the screenplay didn't point that way much.