watched "Training Day" for the first time in about 15-16yrs. Damn...

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
On some real life stuff, can you imagine what Ethan Hawkes character wouldve been thinking when Alonzo and them told him he was eating that self-defense homicide ?:damn:

Denzel dying at the end might be one of the few bad guy characters you weren't low key rooting for. It wasn't sad in any way when he got popped
And then to get setup for an ass raping :damn:

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
Didn't matter... Dude was untouchable in those streets. He had the "wise men" all in the loop too. And they met with Ethan too. So everyone knew Zo was dirty as fukk.... What's another body? He'd say he was killed on the job or he dropped him off and that was that... Got his whole team plus the higher ups backing his play... He would have been straight
The wise men were just as dirty as he was

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
What was lonzo end game if ethan went missing(killed by the mexican) ?

His wife knew he went with alonzo in the morning to train..

Was he gona be on the run?

No need to do anything special. Lonzo would just report his odd behavior, seems like he was on drugs. Dump his body in a known spot, when the blood tests come back positive for PCP, no one is going to dig any further.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
yoo, heres a question. just remembered this

what was the significance of roger knowing who jake was/where he played football?

i remember when denzel said "roger sold dope to kids" after they killed him, was it something to do with that?
Just showing that Roger was a big player. He knew everyone from Zo and the wise men, down to the name of some rookie who played football in high school. Plus yea. He sold dope to those same kids and everyone else.

All establishing Roger was the man. That’s why his snail story turns out to be the entire plot of the movie

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
yoo, heres a question. just remembered this

what was the significance of roger knowing who jake was/where he played football?

i remember when denzel said "roger sold dope to kids" after they killed him, was it something to do with that?

I think it was just an attempt to humanize Roger in Jake's mind and make his conflict even deeper. Alonzo portrays Roger as just a corrupted drug dealer who is hurting kids, wants to make sure his death means nothing to Jake. But Roger knowing who Jake was and complimenting him gives Jake a reason to feel like Roger is a real person, even if only for a superficial reason.