watched "Training Day" for the first time in about 15-16yrs. Damn...

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Alonzo wasn't going to sell that he raided his ex training officers house to anyone is another counter to that theory.

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
I like re-watching old movies too. Saw Gone in 60 Seconds (2000) film again. Honestly I had a better opinion about it back then.

Not enough car scenes besides the grand finale chase, the movie is way too boring in 1st hour and there were too many characters all over the place. I like OG Fast and Furious better.

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
Roger wasn't a cop. It's a good performance by Scott Glenn, but he doesn't really come across like a heavy hitter dope boy, it's all a little too neat, it's not even that he's white, and older, it's just doesn't feel right. Lacks the grit and menace of the gangsters, probably because they weren't actors.

The tell is when Alonzo says something like "I am cashing in one of my accounts, my first one", and again "I watched him operate for years with impunity and now I got him", "Roger sold dope to kids"

The pension thing is, he's saying they want too much. They are getting greedy. He's fine with paying them off, as he has been doing, but taking his bankroll is unacceptable. If they were saying he was an ex cop, the screenplay didn't point that way much.
He definitely fits the profile. He's one of those Prop Joe types.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Gone In Sixty Seconds was never good, saw that in theaters too

but the movie trailer, the intro music, Angelina Jolie's sex appeal, the whole car thing, and Cage still being cool sold us. Easy sell

but after watching, I was like what the fukk was that?
Yeah always a dumb movie. The Delroy Lindo quote at the end, "a brothers love is a brothers love" used to crack me up. šŸ˜‚

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
He definitely fits the profile. He's one of those Prop Joe types.
it didn't not work, it's a great performance, he just didn't come across like a drug trafficker. Partially it's that he was wearing like a black tank top and sweats, thought he should have been a little more polished for an upper tier guy. And not sitting around his house in the middle of the day, looking bummy.

Especially that he was white, it was an odd character. I think he almost did come off like a retired cop, which is maybe intentional. Maybe some last minute script changes.

the clothes
the bottle
talk about retirement
the house was pretty modest for a "high roller"

the one thing they threw in was the terse phone call on a throwaway, that felt like drug trafficker.