watched "Training Day" for the first time in about 15-16yrs. Damn...

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
I watched it earlier this year after some time and was wowed! Not just Denzel’s performance but the whole movie is phenomenal.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Roger wasn't a cop. It's a good performance by Scott Glenn, but he doesn't really come across like a heavy hitter dope boy, it's all a little too neat, it's not even that he's white, and older, it's just doesn't feel right. Lacks the grit and menace of the gangsters, probably because they weren't actors.

The tell is when Alonzo says something like "I am cashing in one of my accounts, my first one", and again "I watched him operate for years with impunity and now I got him", "Roger sold dope to kids"

The pension thing is, he's saying they want too much. They are getting greedy. He's fine with paying them off, as he has been doing, but taking his bankroll is unacceptable. If they were saying he was an ex cop, the screenplay didn't point that way much.
Roger was a cop. Well, former cop, but he was a cop.

LevelUp

Born To Mack
Daps

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
One of those movies I can never get tired of, they only make them this good only every so often

Last edited:

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The only part the movie fumbled was the end in the Jungle, no way anyone was walking off with even 100k in cash, and the way the Russians got him, was too over the top. That scene should have been much more subtle, and the audience shouldn't have seen it coming, like have him in traffic, and he's shot in the head out of nowhere, not the Scarface style automatic weapons.
letting jake walk off was laughable

but the russian hit showed how much power they had. it went back to the wise man saying "they dont care about your badge: they'll wack you"