Watched that Prisoner Of Azkaban

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
harry and hermione deserved each other.

i hated when ron became a emo bytch in the series. it was a few times too..

hermione went from strictly by the rules bookworm to being down for whatever. you're telling me she completely transformed her personality for harry and had no romantic feelings for him? nahhh

harry should have hit ron with the expelliarmus and took his woman BY FORCE.

it didn't help when i saw the movies and ginny was real plain looking. harry deserves better than that.

:deadmanny:

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
harry and hermione deserved each other.

i hated when ron became a emo bytch in the series. it was a few times too..

hermione went from strictly by the rules bookworm to being down for whatever. you're telling me she completely transformed her personality for harry and had no romantic feelings for him? nahhh

harry should have hit ron with the expelliarmus and took his woman BY FORCE.

it didn't help when i saw the movies and ginny was real plain looking. harry deserves better than that.
forreal :dwillhuh: hermoine was risking her life every second for harry.. and that scene where they start dancing together after ron left them in the deathly hallows..I would've tapped that right there while she was feeling vulnerable :smugobama: no condom I'll bust inside fukk it Ima die one day :nofukks:

Ace Money

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Real talk, I don't think it's the best book/movie of the series, nonetheless, Goblet of Fire will always be my favorite piece of the Potter collection. I always thought it was dope how Rowling introduced the two other institutions--Durmstrang and Beauxbatons-- to the reader. That one scene where they all roll up into the great hall :ohlawd:

Beauxbatons:
mysmilie_1770.gif

Durmstrang: :birdman:

Hogwarts: :flabbynsick:

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I'm an avid reader... even scooped up an English minor on my way out of college.

I really think Harry Potter is the greatest series ever written. The way she developed the characters... the humor.... the sadness.... the lush descriptions she'd provide to set the scenes :wow:. I know there were some plot holes, but overall that shyt was top-notch. I especially like how in book 7 Harry was on some Jason Bourne/Mission Impossible type shyt. Dude was living in the woods suffering and trying to understand how to go about this task that Dumbledore left him. And then the way Rowling resolved everything on the Hogwarts grounds was also piff. I initially thought Goblet of Fire was one of the GOAT books ever written, but then she blessed us with Half-Blood Prince and Deathly Hallows :ohlawd:
Nobody's really mentioned Snape in all this, but the way she made the audience hate him, only to turn him into a hero at the end was just :boss: The movies are ok, but they don't hold any weight to the books. nikkas are quick to be on that "I ain't reading that shyt" mentality, but if you can read ignorant threads all day, you can pick up a book and read a classic :whew:. I'd encourage anybody to read the series.
I'm not gonna go too deep because ya'll have already deciphered this shyt enough. I just wanted to throw a quick blurb in here :russ:

Cosign everything X 100

I remember the second I read the last page and was finished with the last book it was like "What now" to me....

Not even being corny or anything but despite loving the book, it is like the second I read that last page, it was like "what now" because I literally felt my childhood was done....

Lol even though I was born in 92 and I read that book when i was 15

Snape has got to be one of the best/most complex authors I have ever come across. I mean damn, "A Prince's Tale".

Like you said there were occasional things that could have been changed and several pot holes but overall the series was amazingly written and flowed so damn good.

It was also interesting in learning some background information on that online "Pottermore" thing JKR was doing like when she gave background history on McGonnagal growing up and who her husband was

J.K. Rowling Is Writing a Potter Encyclopedia; The Pulitzer Blame Game - Entertainment - The Atlantic Wire

^ :laff:

:laff:

Lol at this long time encyclopedia we have been waiting for ages becoming JK Rowling's "Detox". Must be the most anticipated encyclopedia in history :ninja2:

Didn't she mention sometime about possibly writing a book giving the full background history of Snape growing up? I would like to see something like that and hopefully if she ends up doing BOTH.......it is a combination of the complex written OOTP and the action packed Deathy Hallows.

Because as i mentioned already.......I need to see some advanced Defense magic :fire:

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Real talk, I don't think it's the best book/movie of the series, nonetheless, Goblet of Fire will always be my favorite piece of the Potter collection. I always thought it was dope how Rowling introduced the two other institutions--Durmstrang and Beauxbatons-- to the reader. That one scene where they all roll up into the great hall :ohlawd:

Beauxbatons:
mysmilie_1770.gif

Durmstrang: :birdman:

Hogwards: :flabbynsick:

Lol i wonder what an American school would have been described. And back to what RugbyMan was saying, maybe it was because it was one of the first books i got into but......yeah man her descriptions of pretty much everything was so lush without being overly complicated.

And speaking of HP.....on the gameboy advance whe i was younger i remember having this quidditch game that i was constantly into. I think i threw it away and all this nostalgia is making me wish i had it to play now

:to:

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Lol i wonder what an American school would have been described. And back to what RugbyMan was saying, maybe it was because it was one of the first books i got into but......yeah man her descriptions of pretty much everything was so lush without being overly complicated.

And speaking of HP.....on the gameboy advance whe i was younger i remember having this quidditch game that i was constantly into. I think i threw it away and all this nostalgia is making me wish i had it to play now

:to:
hogwarts became an american school in order of the pheonix

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I really enjoyed only like 3, maybe 4 (4, 6 and both parts of the last) of the movies as almost much as the books.

The books are :lawd::lawd::lawd::lawd::ohlawd: though.

I'm re-reading the Hobbit book right now for the first time in 10-11 years and its not nearly as entertaining as I remember the potter books.

Benny P

Registered Rican
Daps
Am I the only one that genuinely like Voldemort.

This man said, "There's no such thing as good and evil, only power and those afraid to use it." :wow: Deep level philosophy in a simple "children's" book.

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Last book was garbage, the movie fixed most of the flaws.

Lol at a movie especially in the HP series being better. Remember HP was one of the series that pretty much was the quintessential example of book being better than movie....

About what you said about the last book though, I remember when it leaked online I agreed with everyone that it was average but as the years went by and i read parts of it once in a while i started to absolutely love it like the rest. I think it has aged well

the only thing i hated was the cheesy epilogue

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
Lol at a movie especially in the HP series being better. Remember HP was one of the series that pretty much was the quintessential example of book being better than movie....

About what you said about the last book though, I remember when it leaked online I agreed with everyone that it was average but as the years went by and i read parts of it once in a while i started to absolutely love it like the rest. I think it has aged well

the only thing i hated was the cheesy epilogue

The issue I had with the last book was it was a huge info dump. She tried to pack in a lot of stuff when she could have spread it out over 5-7. Movie 7 kind of fixed that pacing issue.

The pacing of the novels of Azkaban was :noah: along with Goblet.

The last 40 minutes of Azkaban and the Snape flashback in 7 was :gladbron:.

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
I just don't get the Harry should have been with hermione conclusion that a lot of you were asking for. I don't know if its because I didn't read them until I was an adult, but the not-quite-sexual because they were too young tension was there between Hermione and Ron pretty much from book 1. It wasn't something that came out of the blue in the later books and wasn't very subtle either. I guess it's the need to see the protaganist end up with the prominent character of the opposite sex in a story, but I thought she took too long finally having them get together.