Watched Jason’s Lyric For The First Time. Highly Disappointed

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
These threads always feel like attention threads. Jason's Lyric is a hood classic and is another in a long line of great black films of the 90s. We just had a thread with lames trying to say that Juice was trash and that M2S was a better film, as if they're in competition with each other:why:. It's getting real tiresome seeing goofy nikkas constantly try and diminish stuff in our community.

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
Treach's character seemed to have this weird, possible incentuous desire for his sister.

I get the whole overprotective brother thing, but it appeared to have been something else there.

ML29

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I always loved it but haven't watched it in years,I randomly own three copies of it on DVD lol

Another movie with Jada I always liked was The Inkwell
Inkwell is criminally slept on to me, rewatched it last year. A great coming of age black film seems it doesn’t get mentioned with the other 90’s gems.

I watched Jason’s Lyric for the first time as a adult a few years ago I hated it so much that I didn’t even understand why my parents liked it to begin with lol.

Bonefan32

Superstar
Daps
Inkwell is criminally slept on to me, rewatched it last year. A great coming of age black film seems it doesn’t get mentioned with the other 90’s gems.

I watched Jason’s Lyric for the first time as a adult a few years ago I hated it so much that I didn’t even understand why my parents liked it to begin with lol.

Im kinda scared to watch it again after seeing this thread lol :lupe:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
These threads always feel like attention threads. Jason's Lyric is a hood classic and is another in a long line of great black films of the 90s. We just had a thread with lames trying to say that Juice was trash and that M2S was a better film, as if they're in competition with each other:why:. It's getting real tiresome seeing goofy nikkas constantly try and diminish stuff in our community.
It can be a hood classic and be a trash movie. Baby Boy, those State Property movies, the No Limit collection, Belly - bad acting, bad plots, everyone acting as if they're in a different movie...as opposed to Set It Off, The Wood, Inkwell, Dead Presidents, House Party, Friday

Just listen to the soundtrack.

ML29

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I say watch it, It just depends on your personal taste. It’s not unwatchable just the decisions the characters make, made for an aggravating watch for me, you may fukk wit it

Last edited:

b. woods

Peace
Daps
I just remember mom was about to toss the Roast that Bokeem made n he said " I spent a hunned dollas for that SHAT!" :russ:

:mjlol: :laff:
His feelings were hurt over that shyt. He was about to slap fire out his moms over that :russ:

About to "slap fire out" of her? :usure:

That fool had a Falcon Punch lined up had Jason not been around to prevent it. :damn:

Last edited:

b. woods

Peace
Daps
At the beginning, as Josh was walking out of prison, he looked like someone who was not to be fukked with. :birdman:

Yet, as the film went on, we saw how much of a sad, pathetic individual he truly was. :snoop: