Watched Jason’s Lyric For The First Time. Highly Disappointed

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
keep it a buck, theres a couple movies from then that if you were to watch it for the first time now they'd be garbage.

Love & Basketball and Love Jones are two that come to mind. especially Love Jones
like somebody thats seen those twitter screen caps, tumblr gifs etc and how cool they make that movie look on there is going to be so disappointed when they actually watch it.

:ufdup:

b. woods

Peace
Daps
Breh I had to double back and address this fukkery again you made a great point. fukk is you doing lifting weights in the yard at home when you supposed to be getting ready to rob a bank :bryan:

:pachaha: And he had the nerve to blame being late on Jason and Lyric, when his dumbass should have BEEN GONE
BkIFJBS.jpg

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Caught Up is another that hasn't aged well lol

After Caught Up, I started despising everything Bokeem was in.

You have to understand that until the 90's there weren't very many black movies. Then there was a flood. The quality varied, but we needed that post blaxploitation era to get to today.
There were a lot of black movies in the 80s...of almost every genre. That mid-late 90's of romantic dramadies was just trash.

Y'all are bugging. Love and Basketball is a great movie.
More importantly, it's a Netflix and Chill 1st ballot hall of fame film.

Note: You might need to be a hooper to fully appreciate it.
Nah, the movie is trash. They play around with each other the entire movie, on some soap opera ish. And if you're a hooper, how can you watch Omar Epps basketball scenes and still like it?

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
Joshua has to be one of the most underrated villains and biggest fukk ups in movie history

The fact that this nikka had the nerve to show up late to the bank robbery and then start terrorizing customers was so dumb :russ:
Joshua is the precursor to all of the dumb criminals we see and hear about today.

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
Quincy was a whiny bytch
And so was Monica

Your dad is a basketball player who was cheating on the same woman that trapped him into thinking she can cook
Wtf are you mad about?

Alfre fired Monica’s ass up tho

“stupid ass dyke need to cut ur hair”
“That why Quincy don’t want ur nappy headed ass” :wow:
The original Tariq from Power with his "Suddenly, I hate my dad because he lied and cheated on my mom"

And getting mad at his girl for not breaking curfew and choosing to avoid disciplinary action.....over something that could easily have been discussed the next day. Nikka please.

heart

Down By Law
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Caught Up is another that hasn't aged well lol
caught up was one of the stupidest movies I ever seen. Basically had bokeem former love and his new tarot card reader as the same actress, then they had a dude who got his dikk shot off as the "final boss" in the movie who killed himself and then they had bokeem telling his entire staff his life story before working their first shift...

Just a horrible movie that was all over the place...

Last edited: