Watch a 747 fall from the sky....

Geek

Pro
Daps
Damn, just watching that plane drop like that...so "weird".

The explosion was so surreal.

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
what about if ur on an international trip and your flying over the Atlantic ocean......do you take the plane crash into the water or parachute into the water? :to:

Parachute. I can float on the wreckage and find my way to the soda and peanut bins. Mmmmm, snacks. :yes:

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I know what you're saying breh but a 747 holds up to 350 or more passenger. The reaction time to rush to those exits wouldn't even be feasible (g force, plane swerving). :yeshrug:.. unless they modify it like the space shuttle for the roof to open and all the chairs have build in parachutes. Even Air Force don't have that.

473644-orbiter-windows-screenshot-space-shuttle-in-orbit-with-open.jpg

Modify the floor to open up and drop people out of the plane with a deployed parachute. All power goes to that system if the plane reaches a certain heigh, say anywhere below 1000 ft.

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Are we all going to take parachuting classes as well? And at the distance this plane fell from a parachute wasn't going to help them.

Ill take my chances on winging it. Better than knowing im going to die in a burning chaotic wreck.

pieface

Life is pie
Daps
Apparently cargo (Tanks and trucks) broke loose causing a major shift in weight to the rear. The pilots were unable to bring the nose down due to the weight shift. Whoever develops a more efficient way to fly overweight cargo will be rich.

PUT IN WORK

The East
Daps
Reppin
The East
Modify the floor to open up and drop people out of the plane with a deployed parachute. All power goes to that system if the plane reaches a certain heigh, say anywhere below 1000 ft.

:childplease: When 747's start falling out the sky everyday or even every other month MAYBE other safety measures could be considered. The amount of R&D cost related to an idea like yours would be crazy that Boeing or airbus wouldn't even flirt with such an idea. You got a higher chance of getting struck by lightning than going down in a plane.

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
:childplease: When 747's start falling out the sky everyday or even every other month MAYBE other safety measures could be considered. The amount of R&D cost related to an idea like yours would be crazy that Boeing or airbus wouldn't even flirt with such an idea. You got a higher chance of getting struck by lightning than going down in a plane.

Its a small investment for being the only airline on the market with the SAFEST flying experience. The marketing alone would send their stocks through the roof because people invest in companies, that care, friend. :sitdown:

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis
plane crash or shark attack would be the worst way to go I think brehs

:sadcam:

Im going to go with the plane crash over a shark eating you. Everytime i watch the discovery channel and they do a show on sharks. I think that has to be the work way to die, getting eaten by a shark.

Mojo

comin to a fish fry near you!
Daps
Reppin
Coastal North Carolina

If they drop ppl from the floor where is the cargo stored? Plus every passenger..man, woman, child would need egress training at least once every 7 days, there wouldn't be any winging it because even though your chute deploys doesn't mean it will be a functioning one. On top of that, if every seat is equipped with a chute they would need a sensing system so the seat knows what chute is to be deployed, a mortar for seat/chute separation, and a 1.4 explosive. This day and age i don't think they want explosives in the cabin with passengers that have no background checks.

In all it just wouldn't be a good idea since plane crashes aren't common enough on commercial planes. Just imagine how much that plane ticket would be that companies would charge for the "safest" flight. Even if you didn't use it you would have to pay for that feature every time. And this is coming from someone who HATES flying and wishes there was a way to escape if needed. Like it was brought up earlier in here, capsules would be the only way to go and that shyt aint happening no time soon.