Watch a 747 fall from the sky....

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Apparently cargo (Tanks and trucks) broke loose causing a major shift in weight to the rear. The pilots were unable to bring the nose down due to the weight shift. Whoever develops a more efficient way to fly overweight cargo will be rich.

I wonder how those people who loaded and strapped that stuff down feel right about now

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
If they drop ppl from the floor where is the cargo stored? Plus every passenger..man, woman, child would need egress training at least once every 7 days, there wouldn't be any winging it because even though your chute deploys doesn't mean it will be a functioning one. On top of that, if every seat is equipped with a chute they would need a sensing system so the seat knows what chute is to be deployed, a mortar for seat/chute separation, and a 1.4 explosive. This day and age i don't think they want explosives in the cabin with passengers that have no background checks.

In all it just wouldn't be a good idea since plane crashes aren't common enough on commercial planes. Just imagine how much that plane ticket would be that companies would charge for the "safest" flight. Even if you didn't use it you would have to pay for that feature every time. And this is coming from someone who HATES flying and wishes there was a way to escape if needed. Like it was brought up earlier in here, capsules would be the only way to go and that shyt aint happening no time soon.

Sad how easily you put profits over saving lives. I guess its just not a concern for you because of statistics. Hey let them burn, its too expensive to save them. Its so demonic, friend. :sitdown:

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sad how easily you put profits over saving lives. I guess its just not a concern for you because of statistics. Hey let them burn, its too expensive to save them. Its so demonic, friend. :sitdown:

Well that's how companies think

Sorry to break the bad news

F0nz0

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Fukkk, I got a trip to cancun comin up in July...everybody better pack light :damn:

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGBLVp_7yUE&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGBLVp_7yUE&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

aqualung

I wear a crown of curls.
Daps
Reppin
NYC, Boston, #ByrdGang
This footage is a stunning and sad reminder that we live and breath and survive by the grace of God alone.

Only 7 Americans lost, but who and how and WHY? Cargo shifted during take off? That crash is heartbreaking to conceptualize, let alone view.

High Flight

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;
Sunward I've climbed, and joined the tumbling mirth
Of sun-split clouds, — and done a hundred things
You have not dreamed of — wheeled and soared and swung
High in the sunlit silence. Hov'ring there,
I've chased the shouting wind along, and flung
My eager craft through footless halls of air. . . .

Up, up the long, delirious burning blue
I've topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace
Where never lark, or ever eagle flew —
And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod
The high untrespassed sanctity of space,
Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

— John Gillespie Magee, Jr

magee.jpg

http://www.skygod.com/quotes/highflight.html

Wepa Man

Ramblings Of An Angry Old Man
Supporter
Daps
gotta say, watching this vid

it still amazes the fukk outta me how we can take these gigantic pieces of metal and just make them hang in the air. i watch this and the way it falls outta the sky just looks natural

post prolly sounds retarded :heh: but every time i look at a plane in the sky i cant believe it

yeah me too and I live near an airport :to: