Wasteful Exercises in The Gym

Mofongo

Pro
Daps
Excuses

:jbhmm: thats how i started out on dips and pullups, if i could why cnt others

I feel like a sucka using it tbh. But at my gym the pad to lay your knees on ain't designed to be removed.
I probably could do it with out it completely. :yeshrug:

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
I feel like a sucka using it tbh. But at my gym the pad to lay your knees on ain't designed to be removed.
I probably could do it with out it completely. :yeshrug:

If you gotta use the assist, use the assist. Work out for yourself, not for show

But in regards to the non removeable pad, that aint an excuse....just gotta put the plates at the minimum weight then stick a 45lb barbell plate on the pad so it drops down and stays down

Mofongo

Pro
Daps
If you gotta use the assist, use the assist. Work out for yourself, not for show

But in regards to the non removeable pad, that aint an excuse....just gotta put the plates at the minimum weight then stick a 45lb barbell plate on the pad so it drops down and stays down

I'm definitely trying that next time.
Never thought of that.

zyonasan

Rookie
Daps
Thought stretching was a no-no before lifting...cardio to get the blood flowing was preferred. :patrice:

for the average gym goer thats just doing a bunch of isolation machine exercises its fine. Hell, you can stretch between each and every set and still be fine. That stretching issue is only for people doing the big 3 (or 4 of you count OHP) and are pushing/pulling in the 1-5 rep range.

and actually, stretching is still good even if you're doing those exercises, just as long as its "dynamic/mobility" stretching and not static stretching.

Last edited:

zyonasan

Rookie
Daps
:ehh: Cool backstory

But couldn't he try something like weighted narrow-grip pullups to achieve the same thing, but with proper form?

Thats the excercise of a man that is probably in the gym 6 days per week for years on end. He's probably just having fun. I'm sure he does traditional narrow grip pullups too.

and as for ridiculous exercises, this one is my personal favorite;

x9j2r0s.gif

gotta work that jaw strength....also, i'm not gonna lie, being able to hold your entire bodyweight by your bite strength is pretty impressive. I just hate to see his teeth when he gets older.

Last edited:

Deaf2twothirds

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Babylon & Sodom Reincarnated
Most Ab exercises are useless. Abs are built in the kitchen or cardio once your body fat gets low enough. But a machine in particular that's BS is the Ab twist machine. All it do is bulks up your obliques. I believe its called the AB abductor. Had to talk my woman out of buying the abductor the other day.

Dixon Cider

Doing numbers and breaking stan hearts
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Coli Suburbs
I hate going to the gym with people and they be like "why you doing arms, i'm going to do this" like yo, you are not in my routine or schedule. Hate meeting anyone at the gym. everytime nikkas just want to walk around look at girls, sit in the sauna and not actually build muscle got no time for that.

the worst is
"HEY YOU SHOULD TRY THIS"

no, I do me you do you. foh.
I researched my own regimine that works for me and that ive mastered proper form for. IDK bout all that crazy shyt like I saw a bytch standing on a dumbbell doing squats with more weights... come on bytch we see you. whoopdee doo.

Zyne

Legend
Supporter
Daps
pretty much every machine exercise
they balance the weight for you (press machine) and they'll almost always teach you bad form (smith machine for squats)

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Working out in general is :scust:
:troll: never seen the point in planking tho doesn't help me too much :yeshrug:

Maddmike

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I hate going to the gym with people and they be like "why you doing arms, i'm going to do this" like yo, you are not in my routine or schedule. Hate meeting anyone at the gym. everytime nikkas just want to walk around look at girls, sit in the sauna and not actually build muscle got no time for that.

the worst is
"HEY YOU SHOULD TRY THIS"

no, I do me you do you. foh.
I researched my own regimine that works for me and that ive mastered proper form for. IDK bout all that crazy shyt like I saw a bytch standing on a dumbbell doing squats with more weights... come on bytch we see you. whoopdee doo.

I'm the same way breh. I always run into someone that wants the "tag along".
Then always want to add things they like to do, and want you to do it too.
Or after you do your set, they want to sit and have a conversation :martin:

Dixon Cider

Doing numbers and breaking stan hearts
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Coli Suburbs
I'm the same way breh. I always run into someone that wants the "tag along".
Then always want to add things they like to do, and want you to do it too.
Or after you do your set, they want to sit and have a conversation :martin:
The worst is when someone asks "whatcha do today in the gym?"

"Cardio"

"Oh did you run?

"Yea"

"How long?"

:rudy:
"100 miles nikka, fukk off"

Goes hand in hand with "hey what did you eat today?"

Im the type of person that only talks about things on a need to know basis and for most people they can't ever figure me out. My girl wants to tell me everything she ate and how many times she pooped. I only need to talk to people when I need to tell
Them something pertinent or need to know.
All that what time did I wake up, how did I sleep, what did I eat, what kind of exercise did you do, what are you doing later shyt makes me :demonic:

zyonasan

Rookie
Daps
Most Ab exercises are useless. Abs are built in the kitchen or cardio once your body fat gets low enough. But a machine in particular that's BS is the Ab twist machine. All it do is bulks up your obliques. I believe its called the AB abductor. Had to talk my woman out of buying the abductor the other day.

Not really.

If someone has too big of a belly to see their abs, it doesn't mean they shouldn't work their abs, you can still strengthen them which is incredibly important if you're pushing or pulling a weight that required core stabilization (like deadlifts and squats). Neglecting abs and your core because you "can't see them" is a recipe for disaster as well as a ticket to snap city due to a bulging/slipped disk.