Wasteful Exercises in The Gym

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Eating bad foods after is the most etherous wasteful exercise.

:camby:

Tell that to the professional athletes that down whole pizzas and tubs of ice cream and shyt after workouts. Tell that to all the people here who carb backload for big gains. Tell that to people who follow IIFYM to great results

Energy balance >>>> hippie garbage

The ADD

Old Master
Daps

Tell that to the professional athletes that down whole pizzas and tubs of ice cream and shyt after workouts. Tell that to all the people here who carb backload for big gains. Tell that to people who follow IIFYM to great results

:blessed:

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps

The sad reality is that not everyone can adopt IIFYM; plus these are professional athletes that you're talking about, their jobs revolve around being in peak physical condition year round. The average joe who has a 9-5 simply cannot do the same and expect similar results.

Exercise science is so imprecise but you have to take into account specific variables on a person-by-person basis.

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
45 minutes stretching is overkill unless you're coming off of some kind of injury imo.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
The sad reality is that not everyone can adopt IIFYM; plus these are professional athletes that you're talking about, their jobs revolve around being in peak physical condition year round. The average joe who has a 9-5 simply cannot do the same and expect similar results.

Exercise science is so imprecise but you have to take into account specific variables on a person-by-person basis.
A lot of average gym goers use carb backloading, carb nite or some form of carb cycling.

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
A lot of average gym goers use carb backloading, carb nite or some form of carb cycling.
I'm not disagreeing with the backloading: I'm talking about people who try to rationalize eating pizza hut and mcdonalds around the clock due to working out or even the macros those foods have. Like I said, it works for athletes (and I'll add the few genetically blessed folks out there) but an average person...especially one new to lifting with a relatively sedentary lifestyle can't get away with that.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
I'm not disagreeing with the backloading: I'm talking about people who try to rationalize eating pizza hut and mcdonalds around the clock due to working out or even the macros those foods have. Like I said, it works for athletes (and I'll add the few genetically blessed folks out there) but an average person...especially one new to lifting with a relatively sedentary can't get away with that.
Agreed

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not disagreeing with the backloading: I'm talking about people who try to rationalize eating pizza hut and mcdonalds around the clock due to working out or even the macros those foods have. Like I said, it works for athletes (and I'll add the few genetically blessed folks out there) but an average person...especially one new to lifting with a relatively sedentary lifestyle can't get away with that.

I have a coworker that does this

USSInsiders

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
what's considered heavy deadlift?

like how many times the bodyweight?

Heavy RELATIVE TO YOUR ONE REP MAX = "heavy"

There isn't some magical weight that you'll hit that will make you massive, but individual to your strength if you hit like 60-70 percent of your max that's enough workload to stimulate growth. Don't quote me on that though, but I'm sure the resident fact-checkers can confirm that.