Washington Post Special: Black homeowners in PG County have watched wealth vanish

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
DC does not have the longterm upside that Houston or Atlanta has. Look at any future cities projection and those two cities are thought to be capable of being top 16 cities GLOBALLY.
Honestly, for Atlanta to reach it's potential, Blacks will need reparations or a good percentage of the young generation would have to move. Atlanta has too much crime, poverty and people without a strong new worth. You know that as well as an economist.

With that said, we need to address the fact that we could do a lot more in Atlanta with the Blk popl it has.

In DC, we just need to work with each other better. Simple as that. Blacks have money here but we need more net worth and it can be an individual sport as it is right now.

Save your paper til u can afford to drop at least 1/4 of the price in down payment

:yeshrug:
Best thing your ass said in a minute. I tried telling my girl that. You gotta put down on a place. You can't just deal with 1st time homeowner and financing especially when people out here are paying hard cash for homes. fukk I look like getting a townhouse :camby:

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
Honestly, for Atlanta to reach it's potential, Blacks will need reparations or a good percentage of the young generation would have to move. Atlanta has too much crime, poverty and people without a strong new worth. You know that as well as an economist.

Can't say I agree. Something like a metro area rail line would put Atlanta above DC by itself. All the capital that is about to inflow into the metro area might not be reparations but it is an opportunity for Black people already in the area to make a come up. DC's poverty, crime and health crises are no better than Atlanta's and arguable worse...don't let those inflated incomes and housing markets fool you.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Only a matter of time before the "Black DC residents migrate to Atl" articles just like with Chicago, LA and NYC :pachaha:
More migrated to DC from ATL. I do think Atlanta would be more attractive to business owners. A lot of comp in DC and nikkas ain't loyal to Black businesses, or at least haven't been till two months ago. Before then, nope!

Kane1

Superstar
Daps
Predatory lending is the root issue. These banks went directly after blue collar families that int he long run they knew couldnt afford these homes. They gave them balloon mortgages that after 5-10 yrs or so the mortgage payments doubled or tripled and the homeowners were screwed. Everyone thought the housing market was going to keep going up for some reason.

Might be time to foreclose and start over. Instead of struggle and have nothing to show for it.

My mom told me when I was 12......if you can't afford something, YOU CANT AFFORD IT:ufdup:

Never understand why people get themselves into that BS:sitdown:

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Can't say I agree. Something like a metro area rail line would put Atlanta above DC by itself. All the capital that is about to inflow into the metro area might not be reparations but it is an opportunity for Black people already in the area to make a come up. DC's poverty, crime and health crises are no better than Atlanta's and arguable worse...don't let those inflated incomes and housing markets fool you.
DC has way better programs for their improvised but DC got a massive problem with the depth of how fukked up the hood is. I think Atlanta is less crazy even with the New Orleans nikkas here. Also, it's harder for a BM who is broke in DC than ATL just based off of COL alone.

ATL getting a legit rail-line would do numbers if the cacs would agree. When I was in GA politics, we were trying to get that shyt started. Hell, we were trying to do a high speed rail system with could go all the way to Charlotte. We even putted some Japs for the project. Never came through, GA house ain't having it. Is the nikkas gonna be able to afford it type shyt. Honestly, that's the main reason why Blacks in DC have so much issues. They can't afford the metro. Hell, that shyt was expensive for me. I blow like 200 a month since it during rush hour. A nikka making 7.50 can't afford that after taxes. They use the bus system and with DC traffic, it's not reliable. DC ain't made for no broke nikka.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
These things are not perfect but White people are letting you know whats up

276f7ce4-50e6-45c0-872f-f38ddf11343c

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
The thing is DC got all these programs but the issue is DC got a shyt school system. Like trash ass system.

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
Breh you don't know nothing about the dmv area. Just stop

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
These things are not perfect but White people are letting you know whats up

276f7ce4-50e6-45c0-872f-f38ddf11343c
Solid chart. We need to be real Black folks. Ain't no way we coming for anyone with the white man's schools. It's really gonna have to be us creating boarding schools for kids with Afro-Economic based education with high tech abilities.

Rules:

You can't graduation if you do not have 3 Tech certs.
Speak two languages (One African based and the other English)
Pass our Financial exam to prove literacy
Able to trade stocks fluently.
Pass Afro History 601. 101 in 7th grade, 201 8th, 301 9th, 401, 10th, 501, 11th and 601. It's a comprehensive test.
Pass Astrology and Calculus with no lower than a B.
Able to choose between politics, labor or farming depending on the region based electives.
Everyone should have weaponry training.

A leap year after HS and a paid trip to an African nation of your choice for a year which has an assignment to do based on your choice of trip.

:wow:

@Poitier @Trill Russell Let's go!

Man, with this curriculum, we would completely shyt on all Chinese and Africans.

ThiefyPoo

Trill
Supporter
Daps
Only a matter of time before the "Black DC residents migrate to Atl" articles just like with Chicago, LA and NYC :pachaha:

You legit need to do some research before speaking . The dmv isn't like other metro areas .

Most people live on outskirts and work in DC .

This is why people who live down here are trying to explain why pg county still hold the most wealthy black family's in the country .

I live in pg but I'm only 20 mins from DC .

This is the case for most professionals .

DC it self is become very very expensive .