Washington Post Special: Black homeowners in PG County have watched wealth vanish

Firefly

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Home ownership, like all other investments is a risk. I always tell cats on the coli that.

It is.....1 thing struck me though. If you cannot afford a $300,000 home why the fukk would you own one? I know people who could not afford a $250 k house but they still got it and were house poor. Just to say "hey look at my house and how I'm living." My cousin did that shyt, getting a big house, spending most of the income on maintaining the house and pool. Needless to say they don't have it anyomre and live in bammmma ass backwoods Florida somewhere.

ThiefyPoo

Trill
Supporter
Daps
I laugh at people saying arts district when art isn't related to the housing over there. No real artist even has the money to afford that housing over there. If I'm shopping for housing, I'm not going to spend 400+ for a town home that is connected to other homes on both sides. I'm going to get a house with a yard and fence that goes around the entire house. I don't want to be spending 400+ and I can hear whats going on next door because a single wall is separating my house from the neighbors.

Did you actually read what you wrote breh ?

I live in a town home now I don't know what the fukk my neighbor does :dahell:

HOH fees keep my grass cut my community is quite as fukk .

This guy has no idea how houses are built you think this like an apartment or something with thin walls ?

Londilon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

This guy has no idea how houses are built you think this like an apartment or something with thin walls ?
good for you

Suleiman Bey

Banned
Daps

sorry but rowhouses, town homes are too close and unless you yourself are very noisey ot neighbors are really quiet, yes you can hear what your neighbors are doing.

dc007

All Star
Daps
Reppin
DC
Looking at this back and forward btw @ThiefyPoo and @Londilon got me thinking

Are there any good places to get single family homes in the city?

Londilon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
sorry but rowhouses, town homes are too close and unless you yourself are very noisey ot neighbors are really quiet, yes you can hear what your neighbors are doing.
Ive been in a town home before but apparently in her mind I do not know what I'm talking about :mjlol:

Last edited:

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
I laugh at people saying arts district when art isn't related to the housing over there. No real artist even has the money to afford that housing over there. If I'm shopping for housing, I'm not going to spend 400+ for a town home that is connected to other homes on both sides. I'm going to get a house with a yard and fence that goes around the entire house. I don't want to be spending 400+ and I can hear whats going on next door because a single wall is separating my house from the neighbors.
get what you like. it's nothing but a preference :yeshrug:. Townhomes/rowhomes are fine. nikkas acting like you can hear your neighbor taking a piss and flushing the toilet in the morning. I've lived in a 1900s-built dc rowhome the past 7 years and never once heard my neighbors unless we both outside. these are not some condos with paper walls in between.

And as a single dude who travels a lot, I much rather have a townhouse/rowhouse where I don't have to worry about maintaining some big ass yard every week or shovel snow in the winter. HOA handles all that and I just keep it pushin. And I'm close to the city instead of being in some mcmansion out in the burbs. I'll get the single family home after the wife & kids come into the picture:smugbiden:

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
you gotta remember breh. No matter what you or I may feel, the market always determines the value of a house. all of those townhouse lots were sold out in under a year -- they probably were not overpriced.
True

I see those homes in glenmont going unsold at that price tho. There's no way the far reaches of the metro can sustain those prices for long without expansion and development, which is lagging